Feeding Puppy Oregin

2 posters

Go down

Feeding   Puppy Oregin Empty Feeding Puppy Oregin

Post by Jenny k Fri Feb 26 2016, 19:56

Arthur is almost 8 months old now and since he was weaned he has been on Pro Plan puppy food,chicken.This is what the breeder recommended .We have read quite a few reports on the food and we are not particularly happy with what we have read.He seems healthy,full of energy,but has just developed some small bald patches on his leg and neck.We are going to dab him with Cider Apple Vinegar tomorrow after reading previous posts on this forum.
We have decided to try Origen Food when his Pro Plan has run out in a couple of weeks ,does anybody else feed their best friends on this.The reports are very good on this food,it seems streets ahead of any othe dry food.
With our previous dog we fed him Burns then Royal Canin when he developed a weight and skin Problem.We used the one for sensitive skin.He was a Labrador and we found out later it was his immune system breaking down and we lost him 9 months ago.
This is our only experience of Staffies,it's a very good experience.Where the devil do they get their energy from.I could do with some of it.He is full on until about 4 in the afternoon then he lies on the sofa with my OH and sleeps for 2 hours.Unbelievably he then has his dinner gets in his bed and sleeps til next morning when we get up at about 8.30.He has done this from day 1 of us bringing him home.We have never lost a minutes sleep with him.
anyway back to my question Oregin Food any experiences ?
Thats the problem with our Staffies,just can't stop talking about them.

Jenny k
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Feeding   Puppy Oregin Empty Re: Feeding Puppy Oregin

Post by Rachel33 Sat Feb 27 2016, 23:58

Firstly, sorry for your loss of your lab and welcome to the world of Staffies! I love their energy but it can be a bit of a shock for first time owners Laughing

I've heard good reviews of Orijen, hopefully somebody who has actually fed it will be along soon. Fingers crossed the change will help his skin also, just remember to change over gradually to avoid upset tums!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down