Buddy and his food issues- a little update...

5 posters

Go down

Buddy and his food issues- a little update... Empty Buddy and his food issues- a little update...

Post by smudge95 Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:06

well for those of you who know that my little odd bod is a bit strange when it comes to food I thought I would update you as to where we are at.

I had to stop raw feeding as it was going straight through him , so in the mornings he has Millies wolfheart kibble in his kong which most mornings he eats .. then when I walk him at lunch I give him another one again most is eaten or thrown round the crate for a midnight feats later in the night LOL - but the big break through is that for the last three days he has eaten his evening meal out of a dish ..yay !!!!

started with some cooked chicken - then have tried over the last week or two a selection of wet food - on the floor and trying with the bowl, when suddenly he ate from it without warning, unfortunately the one he seems to like is probably not the best -Aldi chicken and liver for dogs - but as soon as its in the bowl he is there and its gone within minutes.. so a few days of this will not hurt him, and then onto trying to find one that seems the same but better quality .. but at least we are not running round the room barking at our dish any more .. has become a bit naughty which I think could be the food but I will put up with that for a bit until the dish fetish is fully removed and he will eat whatever I give him..

Hopefully we are on the right road now - onto his next little issue..to get him to walk loose lead - onwards and upwards ...

smudge95
smudge95
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog(s) Ages : 20.02.2015
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 56

Back to top Go down

Buddy and his food issues- a little update... Empty Re: Buddy and his food issues- a little update...

Post by Mia05 Tue Jan 12 2016, 14:53

Cheers for the update carol

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Buddy and his food issues- a little update... B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Buddy and his food issues- a little update... Empty Re: Buddy and his food issues- a little update...

Post by stella Tue Jan 12 2016, 18:42

glad your making progress with him,they can be fussy some times,thank you for the update Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12 2016, 20:15

I'm glad you've found something for the time being. At least your brain can have a rest!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirstybarbs Tue Jan 12 2016, 20:32

Glad things are improving with his eating. They can be such funny characters at times these Staffies!
Kirstybarbs
Kirstybarbs
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Tue Jan 12 2016, 20:56

That's great news Carol, like you say, it doesn't really matter what the food is as long as he's started eating properly. You can change the food at anytime Big Grin

Sometimes it does feel like small steps but when you look back you'll see how far you've come and get a nice proud feeling Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Buddy and his food issues- a little update... B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down