Naughty Ty

Go down

Naughty Ty Empty Naughty Ty

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 09:11

Ty has taken a liking to jumping the fence in the garden and escaping! Its not like its a small fence, its 5ft with trelise (spelling) to make it 6ft. He did it twice on the weekend both times when dogs were walking past, luckily both times dogs were fine and didnt bark at him so he was fine with them. He did it again this morning while i was having a fag, i ran straight out after him and couldnt see him anywhere. I was running up and down the road calling him and whistling but there was no sign anywhere. Panic was starting to rise in my throat, if any of you have kids you'll no what i mean like when they let go of your hand in town or whatever and 4 that split second when u cant see them u feel like your gonna die haha. Anyway kids where in the house having brekkie (thanks to teachers on strike) so i couldnt go far......running back towards my house i see a big black blob on my doorstep........naughty Ty. God did he know he was in trouble tho he was lead on the ground and he wouldnt move as he was me coming he just froze lol.
So my question.........what can i do 2 stop him jumping the fence? To be honest i dont think he will do it for a while after this morning coz i really did tell him off but im sure he will again at some point. x

ps. They are always supervised in the garden but he just doesnt give any warning he is gonna jump....

Back to top Go down

Naughty Ty Empty Re: Naughty Ty

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:32

Oh Dear Surprised

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but i'm sure others will have some ideas / suggestions.

They can really push the friendship at times can't they.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:39

Cassie can clear our 6 foot wall and fence down the allotements luckily it leads into another allotments so she is no where near a road. so now i have put say an extra foot of hieght and also turned it inwards at a 90degree angle so its alot harder for them to jump it because at that part of the fence they would have to climb upside down, make sure the new foot of fencing is sturdy so it can not be brought down by his weight, and just don't add anything like spikes.
If you can make it solid looking (out of wood/feather edging etc) so he wont even attept it.
The other thing is teathering which i would never personally recommend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:48

aaahhhhh thats a good idea claire! I think thats what i will do, put a angled bit of wood on the top......im liking it! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:52

The angled bit of wood can't be too small or it will just help them up, or too big because it will look ugly and the weight might be too much for the fence handle so say if you measure Ty from his paw to his armpit (stretched out) you can then see just how far he can reach forward to grab that angled edge. So you can make it a little bigger.
Dogs are preditors and preditores eyes face forward so they can judge distance and angles (for hunting) so if you make it out of solid wood he will see it and shouldn't attept it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 15:00

Naughty Ty Laughing im not laughing hoooonest, Mazda in her younger days also used to clear my fence 7ft!! was crazy to watch tho it was like a spring lamb one bounce and gone. But I also did what claire did turn the fence at a angle and it stopped her she did try once or twice but gave up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 17:34

Naughty, naughty Ty shame on you
Glad you were home to catch him red handed.
I had to do a similar thing with Kita when I moved back to Adelaide when she was 3yrs old.
A this stage Izzy doesn't know how to jump that high or at least that's what everyone in our house believes including her. I now just have to brainwash my stepson as well idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 23:18

Vinnie is an escape artist too! .. our fences arnt the best anyway but my step dad works in building and bought home this orange mesh stuff .. we have put it all around the front of our fences so he cant sneak throught any lol .. LUCKILY!!! he dont jump over them and touch wood he dont! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:00

I had 2 laugh.....well sort of lol Ty just bounded over like it was nothing and kaos was left in the garden using every ounce of energy to try and get over and his back legs were barely leaving the ground!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:16

sorry I can't help you either.. I always remember someone telling me the worse thing you could ever do is teach your staffy to jump .. but to be honest ,it is inbuilt into them anyway ! Hope he learnt his lesson and is a good boy from now on....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down