Buster growing up!

+2
Mia05
Busterr
6 posters

Go down

Buster growing up! Empty Buster growing up!

Post by Busterr Mon Mar 02 2015, 16:22

Hello guys, so I haven't been on here in a while because I been going hospital and sorting stuff out as the girlfriend is pregnant so I haven't had much time to come here and update you guys..

Buster has been doing amazingly well, his only issue before was having a few little incidents in the house instead of going to the toilet outside but now he's realised where the toilet is and will hold it in even if I decide to sleep for ages..

He's been doing amazing with other dogs, just yesterday we took him to the dog park, he met a labrador puppy as well although the labrador was obviously a lot bigger than him he was still able to chase him around, he's getting bigger by the day.. It seems like only yesterday he was a tiny little puppy and I could put him on my lap and he'd fall asleep now he's getting to big and heavy to be on my lap Laughing

He's also learnt a few tricks, nothing special but he's a quick learn.. He sits, lays down, gives me his paw according to which I ask him to give me and he can kinda stand up.. Laughing

He finally started playing with his ball outside more, before he didn't care about the ball outside just wanted to run around and see other people and dogs, now he will get the ball and bring it back (still working on him bringing it back) he does it perfectly in the house and will drop right next to me when I say drop but outside he decides to run around the park with the ball in his mouth sometimes and then he lies down and if I come close to him, he starts running away with the ball Laughing

We had a little accident a few weeks back where someone was walking an "aggressive" dog in the dog park, obviously buster was off the lead like most dogs there, it's a park just for dogs so I would never think a dog would snap at buster for no reason.. Luckily I was able to stop before buster realised what was happening.. The dog was old an just protective of his owner, and buster walked past and said hello and the dog growled and went for buster, buster though they were playing so start jumping around and lying down.. I called him straight back and he comes running back to me like nothing had happen, since then I've been more careful to which dogs I let him go up to.. I joined a group on facebook which is a page for that dog park and there has been a few people taking their dogs there who aren't very friendly, which I don't understand why they do it, they should take their dog to a place where there aren't as many dogs but that's fine.. Just gotta be more aware when I walk him..
Busterr
Busterr
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog(s) Ages : 30/09/2014
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Buster growing up! Empty Re: Buster growing up!

Post by Mia05 Mon Mar 02 2015, 16:25

Glad u decided to come back

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Buster growing up! B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:00

sounds like you have a well balanced dog there in buster bless him!
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Mon Mar 02 2015, 22:15

welcome back Big Grin
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03 2015, 08:09

I don't suppose there's any chance of a photo or two...

There are all sorts of reasons people walk grumbly dogs in highly dog poplulated areas, I've done it myself for training. After all, how can a dog learn to be good round somewhere without going there?

It's probably a sensible thing to work on teaching buster not to run up to all dogs anyway. Puppies do need to learn that not everyone is put on this planet for them to play with! I sympathise that it's hard work, Millie's almost exactly the same age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Busterr Tue Mar 03 2015, 17:37

LizP wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance of a photo or two...

There are all sorts of reasons people walk grumbly dogs in highly dog poplulated areas, I've done it myself for training. After all, how can a dog learn to be good round somewhere without going there?

It's probably a sensible thing to work on teaching buster not to run up to all dogs anyway. Puppies do need to learn that not everyone is put on this planet for them to play with! I sympathise that it's hard work, Millie's almost exactly the same age.
I agree but if a dog is very friendly I would think they'd train the dog on other areas, there's other smaller parks around here with less dogs etc.. start off at a smaller place and go into an area later on with a lot more dogs, but I don't think he was training the dog anyway...

I also agree with you, he usually looks at a dog and sits there until the dog starts coming to him then he'll start running towards the dog but sometimes he just runs around like lunatic and if he finds someone to play he'll go say hello, just luckily his recall is pretty good and I was to get him back to me before anything bad happened.

Also I don't have any new pictures right now but I'll take some soon, I forgot to take the camera with me.
Busterr
Busterr

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog(s) Ages : 30/09/2014
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Mar 04 2015, 20:14

aww thanks for the update on Buster,they do grow up so quickly Big Grin
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Wed Mar 11 2015, 10:31

Aww great update. Sounds like Buster is doing really well. I think you're wise to be mindfull of the dogs you allow Buster to run up to but it's great that you have the recall going good as this is essential to prevent unwanted interactions.

Good luck with the pregnancy and don't forget to keep us updated Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Buster growing up! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down