pics of ROO our little girl

5 posters

Go down

pics of ROO  our little girl Empty pics of ROO our little girl

Post by ROO Sat Oct 02 2010, 22:33

pics of ROO  our little girl Still0037
pics of ROO  our little girl Still0035
pics of ROO  our little girl Still0032

well i thought id post a few pics of ROO they arnt very good sorry, we have owned her about 7 weeks now and shes a brilliant little dog , good with our cat and son ,she is a bit nervous due to a bad past, she is about 19 month old, one thing we cant be sure on is if she is full staff or cross but we are pretty sure she is full, she was advertised as a staffie cross. any way thanks for looking and i am hoping if any body on here could say weather shes full or cross thanks again Smile

ROO
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ROO
Dog Gender(s) : girl
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

pics of ROO  our little girl Empty Re: pics of ROO our little girl

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 23:01

She is lovely,from what i can see,she looks full staff to me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Sat Oct 02 2010, 23:23

Lisa wrote:She is lovely,from what i can see,she looks full staff to me Smile

thanks Smile i always had a funny feeling she was full because i could not really see any other breed in her lol

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Saratoga Sun Oct 03 2010, 01:21

awww, she is gawjus! a real beaut! and yup looks a staffy to me too xx
Saratoga
Saratoga

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kane, Haylo, Brynn
Dog(s) Ages : 7, 3, 1.
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Boys, 1 Girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Sun Oct 03 2010, 01:36

Saratoga wrote:awww, she is gawjus! a real beaut! and yup looks a staffy to me too xx

thank you Smile she is one in a million, we love her to bits xx

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Oct 04 2010, 21:46

Yeah she looks like a full staffy to me to they might of advertised her as a staffy cross because alot of people are put of by staffys now because of the bad press
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Tue Oct 05 2010, 20:28

youngkaiser wrote:Yeah she looks like a full staffy to me to they might of advertised her as a staffy cross because alot of people are put of by staffys now because of the bad press

yep that is very true, i did wonder that tbh, the family who were re homing her to us were very very upset and i can understand why , they are brilliant dogs we could not imagine life without her now, i dont understand why they are getting bad press, its not the way the dog is its how the owner brings it uo which is a real shame Sad

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Oct 05 2010, 20:32

it is a shame there the most loving breed of dog i have ever come across kaiser hasnt got a nasty bone in his body they just love people dont know what id do without mine now either like a child to me lol
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

pics of ROO  our little girl Empty roo

Post by patton Tue Oct 05 2010, 22:47

Shes lovley Love Struck
patton
patton
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sky
Dog Gender(s) : bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:01

Best breed ever (very biased though!)
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:07

youngkaiser wrote:it is a shame there the most loving breed of dog i have ever come across kaiser hasnt got a nasty bone in his body they just love people dont know what id do without mine now either like a child to me lol

kasier is adorable Love Struck i couldnt agree more we have never had a staffy before and what a shock we got ,they are loyal, loving, caring very very friendly and adorable very good with children and cats lol unlike our alaskan malamute that would eat any thing in sight and totally out grew our house lol and ate my whole kitchen ( no joke lol ) in the end we had to re home her, but roo is just perfect Big Grin our forever dog, she will be with us for the rest of her ife Big Grin

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:09

Janey wrote:Best breed ever (very biased though!)

i totally agree Smile

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:09

patton wrote:Shes lovley Love Struck

thank you Big Grin

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:34

Looks like full staff to me....she's gorgeous and im made up she has a new loving home.
I agree staffs are the ultimate dog in the right hands. I have had several of the so called powerful breeds and the staffy is by far the most rewarding and entertaining breed. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh at the dog for one reason or another. Even if at times it's because he can be one dozey bugger Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Wed Oct 06 2010, 00:12

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Looks like full staff to me....she's gorgeous and im made up she has a new loving home.
I agree staffs are the ultimate dog in the right hands. I have had several of the so called powerful breeds and the staffy is by far the most rewarding and entertaining breed. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh at the dog for one reason or another. Even if at times it's because he can be one dozey bugger Big Grin

thanks Big Grin roo has had some sort of bad past, her last owner told us she was abused and mistreated by the people he rescued her off Sad she is very nervous and jumps at the slightest bang or loud sound Sad god knows what they did to her before her old owner rescued her, he had to give her up because he and his girlfriend were moving home and couldnt take her, im just glad we found her and shes here for good Smile she makes me, my hubby and son laugh every single day either it be on a walk or just around the house, they are cracking little dogs i wouldnt change her for the world Big Grin its just a shame there are some people out there that use this beautiful dog for the wrong reasons and thats what sadly has given them a bad name Sad

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06 2010, 00:58

I agree. Blue was also abused and I've only had him about 5 weeks. He went for every dog when I first got him and didn't like anyone as he had been battered. He is now very good with female dogs and only growls at a select few people I know. It will take time.
I have found that you need to break them in...in short sucessful sessions. So for the noise start with little noises or noises from a long distance and work your way up. I have found very quickly that if there is a noise when you are walking just continue to walk like nothing has happened also helps the dog. Keeping it short and sucessful helps to relate noises with times when nothing bad happened quickly.
The main thing I found most important was to make sure you stay relaxed at all times. If walking don't grab the lead tight...it's unreal they do feel it and will get uneasy straight away. I made this mistake at first when I would see a dog coming towards us and Blue would be stood up ready to attack before he had even seen the dog himself this was just from the energy i was projecting. When I relaxed and held the lead loose he was miles better.

Any little things you find have been useful please post as there will be many members with dogs that have been abused and need help on rehabilitating there dog, including me. Good luck and well done on giving Roo a forever home =D>

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Wed Oct 06 2010, 01:52

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I agree. Blue was also abused and I've only had him about 5 weeks. He went for every dog when I first got him and didn't like anyone as he had been battered. He is now very good with female dogs and only growls at a select few people I know. It will take time.
I have found that you need to break them in...in short sucessful sessions. So for the noise start with little noises or noises from a long distance and work your way up. I have found very quickly that if there is a noise when you are walking just continue to walk like nothing has happened also helps the dog. Keeping it short and sucessful helps to relate noises with times when nothing bad happened quickly.
The main thing I found most important was to make sure you stay relaxed at all times. If walking don't grab the lead tight...it's unreal they do feel it and will get uneasy straight away. I made this mistake at first when I would see a dog coming towards us and Blue would be stood up ready to attack before he had even seen the dog himself this was just from the energy i was projecting. When I relaxed and held the lead loose he was miles better.

Any little things you find have been useful please post as there will be many members with dogs that have been abused and need help on rehabilitating there dog, including me. Good luck and well done on giving Roo a forever home =D>

thanks that info is helpful Big Grin roo seems to cower to the ground a lot, shes never growled at any one yet i think shes too scared bless her, good to hear your boy is coming on tho and your right it does take time, roo will do small pools of wee when she greats you because shes so excited to see you, and i think whats happend in the past is she has been beaten because she has done this and shouted at, we try to be as quiet as possible around her no sudden bangs or raised voices and our son knows not to too, it really upsets me when people abuse dogs, cats horses, or any other animal its not fair at all, her old owner said when he took her on she wouldnt eat she hid behind the sofa etc, its taken some time for her to settle with us but shes got there in the end and is as playful as any thing lol shes part of the family now Big Grin and yes i am more than happy to post any little things i find useful to help you and other members ,thanks again Smile

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06 2010, 08:11

Blue used to cower and wee when I would walk up to him. Once I thought he will stop soon and calm down he had a wee for over a min lol in the end I thought he's gonna flood the place i'll come back later.
He only wee'd now once in a while when i become inpatient (my fault) and tell him no in a too aggressive way. He has got better just by bonding with the family and starting to feel safe around us.
Now he will cower towards certain males and cos its now his house has growled and even shown teeth to one male (to be fair he is a dick) but it is still not acceptable behaviour. But watch her carefully when she cowers as this is when they can become aggressive through fear. Who's fault? people in the first place for making her fear them.
But the more she meets people and nothing bad happens the more over time she will start to change her body posture to eventually standing tall and proud.
Blue this morning for the first time let a male dog sniff him Big Grin and even though when it was Blue's turn to sniff him he tried mounting the dog lol it was a massive break through....i feel so proud of him this morning l-o-v-e

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06 2010, 08:20

I ummmm not to rock the boat think she may be a cross....the pics arnt great to have a proper look though, theres just something about her jaw and face which makes me think that. But as i have said a million times unless u have papers then there is a high likelyhood your dog will be a cross or will have been crossed at some point generations back. It really doesnt matter though coz she is still gorgeous! As my Kaos gets older i am more and more sure he is crossed but will never no 4 sure ( he's really funny looking at the mo ) haha

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Wed Oct 06 2010, 15:19

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Blue used to cower and wee when I would walk up to him. Once I thought he will stop soon and calm down he had a wee for over a min lol in the end I thought he's gonna flood the place i'll come back later.
He only wee'd now once in a while when i become inpatient (my fault) and tell him no in a too aggressive way. He has got better just by bonding with the family and starting to feel safe around us.
Now he will cower towards certain males and cos its now his house has growled and even shown teeth to one male (to be fair he is a dick) but it is still not acceptable behaviour. But watch her carefully when she cowers as this is when they can become aggressive through fear. Who's fault? people in the first place for making her fear them.
But the more she meets people and nothing bad happens the more over time she will start to change her body posture to eventually standing tall and proud.
Blue this morning for the first time let a male dog sniff him Big Grin and even though when it was Blue's turn to sniff him he tried mounting the dog lol it was a massive break through....i feel so proud of him this morning l-o-v-e

awww bless him, thats good that its a massive break through for you and him congrats Smile thanks for that i will watch her carefully when she cowers, it seems to be when we have been out and shes been shut in kitchen, its almost like shes expecting a smack or kick on our return, we have given her cuddles and told her no one is going to hurt her again but of course it will take time for her to trust again, but thanks for that i will keep a eye on her Smile

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ROO Wed Oct 06 2010, 15:25

blaze666 wrote:I ummmm not to rock the boat think she may be a cross....the pics arnt great to have a proper look though, theres just something about her jaw and face which makes me think that. But as i have said a million times unless u have papers then there is a high likelyhood your dog will be a cross or will have been crossed at some point generations back. It really doesnt matter though coz she is still gorgeous! As my Kaos gets older i am more and more sure he is crossed but will never no 4 sure ( he's really funny looking at the mo ) haha

thanks Smile yep we took them on our web cam because we dont have a digital camera so they are not very good lol plus roo would not stay still hahaha, but thanks for saying shes gorgeous Smile im not fussed if shes full or cross we still love her and like you say you might never know for sure lol ,hahaha roo looks funny with her ear the way it is lol

ROO

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content