Kuta's obsession with possums

Go down

Kuta's obsession with possums Empty Kuta's obsession with possums

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed Jun 22 2011, 07:48

We have started to feed the local possum family that live in our roof, it was only 1, then 2 and now has grown to 3. I think word is getting out that there is food at our place and they are starting to move in lol.
Anyway, they are very quiet and come down and take bread and veg scraps out of OH hands (I'm too short to reach up to them he he) So, Kuta will sit there staring at the roof all night, and I mean ALL NIGHT! They usually come out around 8pm ish, but as soon as we sit out on the deck to watch tv of an afternoon, he is there looking up and waiting. Once he is in position, he won't move for anything, its like he is in a trance or something. I am concerned that if one should slip and fall one night, that he will pounce and kill it. Not a nice thought as they are very cute and we have grown fond of them.
Brutus is not as bad, he will still stare while they are visible, but he loses interest once they are out of site. Kuta will keep looking though until it is time to go inside for the night. Any ideas on how we can distract him? I would hate for him to grab one if it come too close. Not sure how to knock him out of this, it is getting worse.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Kuta's obsession with possums Empty Re: Kuta's obsession with possums

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 09:42

i dont know what you should do, billy is the same with squirels, we get them our garden a lot, but he just sits there and watches them, he has never gone after them yet.

Big Grin

Back to top Go down