Fish ???????

Go down

Fish ??????? Empty Fish ???????

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 02:59

Hello again,

Roxy currently eats Royal Canin Dry food at breakfast and a mix of Royal Canin plus Tucker Time Dog loaf in the evening.

I give her meaty bones on a regular basis, and also occasionally has Kangaroo meat and lamb heart, plus any off-cuts of fresh meat we may have.

Anyway..... to my question !

Is raw fish suitable for dogs? We have some excess in our freezer which has a bit of freezer burn, so have got it out to thaw, to give to the cats and Roxy ( if suitable ) Would I need to introduce it slowly or could she have it as her evening meal with the Royal Canin Dry Food.???

Thanx in advance for advice/help thumbs up

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Fish ??????? Empty Re: Fish ???????

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 08:53

yes its perfect for her

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 18:08

If it's large fish, take out the larger bones - the small ones are fine. But otherwise, it's very good for them.

If you're feeding kangaroo meat take care that it isn't too much as it's VERY high in protein & you could end up with a super-hyper dog on your hands!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 18:36

Raw fish is great, Charlie loves it and his coat looks nice and shiny after a bi of raw fish too Smile

Kangaroo meat??? What's that like? For some reason I imagine it would be quite tough?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 21:04

kangaroo is actually really nice Smile i've had it a few times!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 02:44

Caryll wrote:If it's large fish, take out the larger bones - the small ones are fine. But otherwise, it's very good for them.

If you're feeding kangaroo meat take care that it isn't too much as it's VERY high in protein & you could end up with a super-hyper dog on your hands!

Thanks Caryll......it's fillets of fish, so no bones at all. Hubby is a MAD keen fisherman, so there is never a shortage of fish here. How often could I feed her fish without upsetting her tummy? Hubby is also a Butcher so know exactly how to fillet fish, bone meat etc....

I only give her kangaroo meat as a meal on very rare occasion, and the odd kangaroo tail to satisfy her need to chew. ( Thanks for the heads-up though as she is hyper enough without any extra help....i'll keep it to a minimum )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 08:56

well I won't be feeding any kangaroo meat to Winston then !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 07:31

Caryll wrote:If it's large fish, take out the larger bones - the small ones are fine. But otherwise, it's very good for them.

Really did not know that about the Roo meat but have troubles greating Stanley to try it let alone eat Roo meat.
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 07:33

Loopy wrote:Hello again,

Roxy currently eats Royal Canin Dry food at breakfast and a mix of Royal Canin plus Tucker Time Dog loaf in the evening.

I give her meaty bones on a regular basis, and also occasionally has Kangaroo meat and lamb heart, plus any off-cuts of fresh meat we may have.

Anyway..... to my question !

Is raw fish suitable for dogs? We have some excess in our freezer which has a bit of freezer burn, so have got it out to thaw, to give to the cats and Roxy ( if suitable ) Would I need to introduce it slowly or could she have it as her evening meal with the Royal Canin Dry Food.???

I have not tried raw fish for Stanley but he LOVES sardines in spring water once a week Laughing the bowl hardly hits the floor and it is gone........... Surprised

Thanx in advance for advice/help thumbs up

Big Grin
cowboydave
cowboydave

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down