What does this mean? And other things

+3
Rubio
AussieStaff
Safiyah
7 posters

Go down

What does this mean? And other things Empty What does this mean? And other things

Post by Safiyah Tue Apr 29 2014, 22:39

Hey guys, so Blue has always been a moaner, and I'm wondering what this means? Like he just moans often xD

Also, I'm just wondering if Blue is you know, "normal" for his breed.. He LOVES other dogs as much as he loves humans, he eats stones and wood and they seem to pass through him fine :S, he gets super hyper, he is very quiet too, I've only heard him growl once, and he's only barked a handful of times, coughing afterward. Also he has some kind of attachment to his collar, if i take it off he tries to get it back, and when you put it back on he gets super exited. Lastly, when we first got him he had a soft travel crate that he has a bed in, and he slept in the kitchen with the crate open. then a few months ago we got a metal crate and he took to it straight away, we shut him in it the first night and he couldn't have cared less, just went to sleep. Recently he keeps going in it during the day or evening for a lay down of his own free will, some evenings we even have to shut him out of it because he tried to go to bed early! he gets exited at bed time :S is this normal/good?
Safiyah
Safiyah
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog(s) Ages : 3.5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What does this mean? And other things Empty Re: What does this mean? And other things

Post by AussieStaff Tue Apr 29 2014, 22:42

I think it's great, and normal! You have a well adjusted pup I think Smile My 6mth old rarely barks, I've never heard a grow,l, loves anything to do with his collars as means walks for him, & also an excellent sleeper. Awesome for you I say!
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

What does this mean? And other things Empty Re: What does this mean? And other things

Post by Rubio Wed Apr 30 2014, 07:04

Loads of similarities with mine there (apart from the moaning) and quite a few things with the breed in general I think. Although Rubio doesn't whine, moan or bark often, he can be quite vocal! He makes funny wee yowling noises when he is waking up or yawning!

Sounds like you have a relaxed and good natured pup though.
Rubio
Rubio
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rubio
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 30 2014, 20:15

They all have their own little ways  Big Grin 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Apr 30 2014, 21:57

sounds all good to me  thumbs up just remember that Blue has quite a few stages of puppyhood to go through yet so dont be worried if a bag blowing in the wind seems the most frightening thing ever or if he starts to posture other dogs. its all part of growing up. Marley was a little git around other dogs yet was scared stiff of mooring posts by the canal  Laughing expect a few changes over the next few months but it sounds like you have a very good grounded dog tbh  thumbs up 
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER26 Thu May 01 2014, 03:44

How funny are they when they yawn and make that high pitch squeel lol
BOMBER26
BOMBER26
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 10 Months
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu May 01 2014, 07:28

I'd be a bit concerned about the stone/wood eating, saw lots of dogs come through the vets with really worn down teeth/tears in their tummy from stone eating. Distract is possible. The rest just sounds like his personality Smile all positive! Just ensure that as much as he loves other dogs, he shouldn't be allowed to approach dogs without their owners prior consent. Biscuit also takes herself to her crate quite often if she wants some quiet time Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiyah Fri May 02 2014, 00:10

Thank Rachel I will try keeping him away from sticks.
Don't worry - he doesn't go off lead much and we always ask people before approaching their dogs ^_^ he only has one doggie friend he's allowed to run up to.
Safiyah
Safiyah

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog(s) Ages : 3.5 months
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down