puppy size/weight - how big will she be?

5 posters

Go down

puppy size/weight - how big will she be? Empty puppy size/weight - how big will she be?

Post by loulabellec Wed May 25 2011, 18:35

My husband bought me a staffy puppy for my birthday, he bought from a pet shop and she isnt KC registered, but done is done, and we love her. Thing is, I'm not convinced that she is 100% staffy. While her colouring and mannerisms and her body shape do look very typical, she is quite leggy, (11 inches at 12 weeks) and she has pretty big ears, not the typical shape for the breed. Its not of major importance, I wanted a pet and I love the breed temperament, which she certainly has, but just for curiosity, I'm wondering how big she will get, and if she sounds massive for her age - she seems to have doubled in size since we got her 3 weeks ago!

loulabellec
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

puppy size/weight - how big will she be? Empty Re: puppy size/weight - how big will she be?

Post by janey Wed May 25 2011, 18:46

Who knows!! They do grow so fast its amazing! Usually up in the first year and out in the second year. And the floppy ears, quite normal. All dogs grow differently.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

puppy size/weight - how big will she be? Empty Re: puppy size/weight - how big will she be?

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 18:47

It might be easier to tell if you have any pictures?? .. staffys grow at differant rates and ways alot of pups do have bigger ears and soon grow into them and if im not mistaken they grow up for the first year and out for the second year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 18:48

Beat me too it haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by loulabellec Wed May 25 2011, 18:53

ok, this is a head on shot of her, hard to gauge her size from here, but you will see what I mean about her head - I was expecting her to be broader in the forehead and shorter in the muzzle, but maybe thats just puppy features and she will come more to type as she grows? hope I've done the pic thing right
puppy size/weight - how big will she be? HPIM4829

loulabellec

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 19:04

she looks all staffy to me .. her features are perfectly normal for a pup Smile .. take a look in the gallery section theres alot of posts on peoples pups with images to reassure you Smile
she is gorgeous! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 19:11

well she looks like a staffy to me, my pup harvey isn't registered or didn't come with any papers, however i know he is defiantly a staff, although he is more then likely going to be alot bigger then the 'standard' as at just under 4 months he weighed almost 12kg don't know how tall he is though never measured him. There all different though but she is gorgeous Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 25 2011, 19:13

staffy-lover89 wrote:she looks all staffy to me .. her features are perfectly normal for a pup Smile .. take a look in the gallery section theres alot of posts on peoples pups with images to reassure you Smile
she is gorgeous! Smile

Agree lol!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 23:17

She just looks like a larger type stafford to me! What a gorgeous expression!

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Thu May 26 2011, 10:15

She looks all staffy to me, and don't worry about the leggyness.

Lola is very leggy at the moment but then her mom and dad had mahoosive legs, but I didn't care as she was the one I wanted.

Such a cute pic, whats her name, do you have any more pics?
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu May 26 2011, 11:24

She looks very cute! Not sure about 100% staff shes very chunky and looks like she will be a big girl. Its almost impossible to tell as a puppy though, until they mature its hard to guess what else they have in them!

She is gorgeous though and as others have said staffy pups grow in some crazy ways, legs one week, ears the next, tail a month later! They dont really catch up with themselves for at least a year - 18months. Smile
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 14:58

Nosipho wrote:
She is gorgeous though and as others have said staffy pups grow in some crazy ways, legs one week, ears the next, tail a month later! They dont really catch up with themselves for at least a year - 18months. Smile

Please tell me they stop growing at 18 months, I really think Izzy has caught up with herself twice already and if she gets any bigger I wont be able to pick her up, let alone nestle her on my lap when I'm on here trying to type. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 18:44

She looks staffie to me shes gorgeous love her colour Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by dayvie Fri May 27 2011, 19:24

she looks exactly like our puppy coco only he is black with the socks ad he's 100% staffie.hes leggy too. i wouldnt change him for the world! wouldnt mind getting him to stop chewing through every wire in the house tho Laughing

dayvie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : coco & kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : 2 males
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down