Help Please

3 posters

Go down

Help Please Empty Help Please

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 02:52

Hello All. Thank you for reading my thread, I'm new here and hope someone can help me with my little staffie who seems to be having a 'funny turn' lately.

This may sound odd, but yesterday she heard a dog squeezing a squeeky toy on the TV. She looks up in amazement at the television and quickly jumped up and asked to go out in the garden. Quickly grabbing her squeeky toy from the garden and planting it on her armchair. She then went to the bedroom and grabbed the other squeeky toy - again, hiding it under a pillow on her armchair. That all sounds ok so far, however since then, she has been wimpering - she never did this before and also she keeps going into the airing cupboard, sitting down under the bottom shelf and then coming out after a few minutes.

I took her squeeky chicken leg away for a while and she does seem to go looking for it, so I obviously give it back to her - just wanted to see if 'this' was her concern. It may well be. I'm so confused as to what she is crying about and it worries me she wants something, but I don't know what.

She is fit and healthy, well fed, 10 months old and loved very much - she has had a 'season' and wasn't in contact with any males (hopefully not behind my back). Admittedly, she is quite spoilt and is normally vocal when yawning only (sort of Michael Jackson high pitched scream haha). She doesn't bark - only at the cat now and again.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them - or if anyone else has had the same happen with their doggie.

Many thanks.

PS Someone mentioned phantom pregnancy?

Annie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tigi Wiggle
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help Please Empty Re: Help Please

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 08:21

Hi & Help Please Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Help Please Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Help Please Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Help Please Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Help Please Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Help Please Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 09:07

Hi & welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum.

Poor girl, she sounds quite sad! When was her season? If it was less than 2 months ago, then yes, it could be a phantom pregnancy. If she seems ok other than that, I wouldn't worry too much. If you think she's starting to act 'unwell' I'd let the vet have a look, otherwise she should get over it fairly soon.

The only thing I would be careful of is that occasionally a bitch can suffer pyometra after a phantom, so keep an eye open & if she seems to start acting strangely (other than with her squeeky toys!) then ask the vet for advice.

Any pics of your girl?

Back to top Go down

Help Please Empty Thank You Caryll.

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 14:33

Hello Caryll.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply and yes indeed I'm enjoying the forum - a great community and some gorgeous photos.

Tigi finished her season at the end of March, so yes, less than two months ago. She's still carrying her squeezy toys everywhere and I woke up with one in my ear this morning - complete with slobber - haha, not the best start to the day, but funny none the less. It is as though she's treating them as babies, but as I write she doesn't seem to bad now and isn't wimpering as much.

I'll take your good advice and if she doesn't improve, a trip to the vet, just to be on the safe side will be taken in the morning. She's not ill at all (well nothing visible) and even though slightly quieter, she's still playing and eating/drinking well. Thankfully.

Just having a read on your board to see how I can post a photo. Looks like I have to use 'photo bucket'. Yikes. I'll have a go, but not very PC literate. Emails, word processing and a few websites have been my limit so far.

Dempsey is a very handsome chap. A beauty!

Thanks again.

Annie

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 14:34

Thank you for the welcome Lynne, I'll take a look round. Looks great!

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 16:15

Hope everything is okay with your Tigi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 16:38

Photobucket's really easy to use, even if it's a bit slow sometimes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 17:39

Thanks Vanessa, kind of you to ask. She's stopped squeeking a bit now. Phew.

I'll give it a go Caryll (photo). Thanks again.

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 17:45

Woody too often sounds like Michael Jackson, he doesnt bark very often but instead makes these funny whinin high pitched squeals - with him its very often for attention. i too am not very PC literate but the instructions on here for photobucket are very simple to follow and once you have done it once you'll be a whizz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 18:40

Hi Nicola, Yeah, it's like a high pitched scream - my Tigi does it when she yawns and now does it when you yawn at her or say 'yawn' or 'get funky' (sounds like James Brown or Michael Jackson) so funny! Bless.

Glad I've heard your Woody does it too. He's a handsome lad - looks really gentle.

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 19:02

they are funny little creatures arent they! my neighbours often comment on the funny little noises coming out of my supposed "vicious" staffy!

hope you master photobucket soon as would love to see pics of tigi wiggle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Tue May 24 2011, 19:15

LOL@ 'vicious'. As if !

Just read your story about Woody and the pet shop. Clever as well as vocal eh? Some great pics on here Nicola. Supposed to be washing up but can't stop looking at all the photos.

Catch you another time hopefully.

Annie

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 19:26

i often get distrcated on here - thats when he is most vocal "mummy stop ignoring me!"! it really is the most addictive site going, you will lose hours on here!

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue May 24 2011, 22:30

Kaisers always wimpering at the tv and stuff even when people knock at the door he just wimpers aint the best guard dog lol Laughing
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed May 25 2011, 00:37

Awww it does sound like a phantom so if your not thinking of breeding then maybe think about getting her neutered in the future at some point Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie Thu May 26 2011, 14:55

Hi Vikki, Nicola and Gem,

Still struggling with photobucket, but I'll get there in the end I guess!

Your Kaiser has the best 'smile' I've ever seen - haha, what a beauty!

Yep Gem, we thought we should let her have one season before neutering, just because we heard it's the best thing to do. Not sure if it is or not, but it's done now - so can't go back. Would love her to have a litter, but I'd end up keeping them all, so that's probably not a good idea either, so I'll get her booked in when this little phantom has gone.

I've put aside an hour later to have another look around here Nicola - hope to see some more photos and get used to the site a bit more.

Anyway, best dash - Tigi seems to be in the mood to play, so off I go. She's put her puppies (chicken leg and spikey blowfish) LOLOL to bed, so it's all systems go,thankfully.

Take care and thanks for the interest, really appreciated and nice to meet you.

Cheers

Annie Cool

Annie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down