How long does a first season typically last?

5 posters

Go down

How long does a first season typically last? Empty How long does a first season typically last?

Post by Cleo's mum Tue Feb 25 2014, 16:07

Hi all, first time mum in need of advice. Cleo has been in season for 15 days and still bleeding every day. Is this normal? We were due to spay her this week. I teach and needed to be home for her recovery. Her season started two weeks ago! How maddening is that. She thinks she is being punished by short walks on the lead in the dark instead of hour long romps in the park every day! I cant believe that a dog can bleed so much. She wont keep the pants on. Its a fab game taking them off. Hope this does only last 21 days.

Cleo's mum
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Cleo
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

How long does a first season typically last? Empty Re: How long does a first season typically last?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25 2014, 16:08

I don't know have never had a girlie. Someone will be able to answer your question xx

Back to top Go down

How long does a first season typically last? Empty Re: How long does a first season typically last?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25 2014, 16:45

Seasons can last from 21-28 days, have you tried hygiene pants? Poor girl I bet she's wondering why her walks are different! As for walking you could try one of these :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/231043895824?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

Come say hi :- https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Feb 25 2014, 17:55

About a month, and you will have to wait about 3 months after that to have her spayed Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Feb 25 2014, 18:13

we made our own with old towels or pants

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Tue Feb 25 2014, 19:40

Katy has had 2 seasons now, both times she bled for the 1st 2 weeks then stopped. As for the pants we had the same problem with her ripping them off, I gave up in the end & just put thick throws on whatever she likes to sit on  Rolling Eyes I used either a long training line or a extending lead for walks, I know it makes you feel bad on walks but it will be over soon  Smile 

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

How long does a first season typically last? B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Feb 25 2014, 20:26

As said they last 3/4 weeks, make sure you wait now to have her spayed, like Janey says about 3 months, although ideally I would wait until after her second season when she is more matured  Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleo's mum Tue Feb 25 2014, 21:07

Thanks for that. Ive rebooked the spaying for late april and will just endure the baleful looks for another two weeks

Cleo's mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cleo
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down