Anyone tried Tardak please?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone tried Tardak please? Empty Anyone tried Tardak please?

Post by Lizzie Mon May 16 2011, 14:41

Has anyone ever used Tardak for their dog please as I would like to know what effect this had? My boy Harry was injected with it just over a week ago when he was very ill and hospitalized at the Vets. He never had a problem with agression or humping or any of the usual reasons for using it, but needed to stop his prostate from enlarging until he was well enough to be castrated in a few weeks time.

He's been home for 11 days now and stopped all other medication 3 days ago but he's just so quiet and not the manic overexciteable staffie he usually is. Vet says it does calm them down, but this is just so different I'm a little worried. In fact my very first post on the forum was to ask for advice on how to stop him from 'mugging' visitors as he was so over the top.

Thanks

Lizzie

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Tardak please? Empty Re: Anyone tried Tardak please?

Post by burties35 Mon May 16 2011, 16:16

Hello, as far as i'm aware Tardak can stay in the system for 4-6 weeks and can have a sedative type of effect on the brain. Some dogs don't respond to it and some respond more than others. I would say that this combined with the other meds and his illness have probably slowed him down for a bit.
I would contact the vet if you are really concerned perhaps just get him checked over. Hope he is back to his normal self soon. xx
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Anyone tried Tardak please? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum