hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please.

+7
Sazzle
Sara n Ozzy
Kathy
Steve
_Jason_
nicolene Iveson
klemzilla
11 posters

Go down

hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Empty hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please.

Post by klemzilla Sat Jan 18 2014, 01:22

hello everyone,

im really struggeling in what to do here.....

basiclly iv 3 most beautiful staffys in the world all aged about 6yrs.

buster my boy

smokey and shaddow my girlies..

shaddow and smokey are sisters, and have lived together all their life and with buster as of 2 years ago in which we rescued him.

we recently went on few days away me and the oh. my grandmother stayed at mine for the weekend to look after the dogs but shaddow is very strong on a lead and my friend said hed look after her (i trust him with my life and hes a true animal lover also) but since we have been back from the time away, we straight away took the dogs to the field and brung my mate with shaddow, let them all of to tear about as normal but smokey kept going for shaddow!!!! so i wernt to pleased and my friend was upset as he felt he caused the problem somehow.
i noticed shaddow had started swelling and it is time for her to come into season. smokey is normally the bossy kind about the house but it was almost as if this time in the park they was gunning for each other. they have never had confrontation while being in season before but as she may have entered while away from home my friend said he wouldnt mind her at his for a little while more, with further introduction slowly.

today was the worst!!!!!!!!!!

went to the park as everyday. unclipped buster my friend unclipped shaddow the went off happy as larry. i decided to keep smokey on lead and shes the trouble maker.

buster came back with his stick shaddow aint intrested in sticks but came back also and the second she was close enough out of nowhere smokey lunged for her. and had a really bad tear up quite bad . it was like the 2 dogs where "in a ring" and gunning for each other which was totally out the blue but had been building up the past few days.. smokey ended up with 7 stitches and a swollen face.

me and the misses are in bits the fact of going away for 3 days to come back and the dogs now unable to keep together..... could this be due to the fact one feels the other left her ? or while coming into season and then reentering the situation etc ? buster is my scooby doo he wouldnt hurt a fly. but now i brung smokey out just a while ago for late night wee etc and she saw another dog and was really agreesivly groweling snarling and really ready for a tear up. i give her a tug, turnt her away from the situation told her sit down etc.. to then see my friend bring shaddow out for a toilet before bed and was back to square one with the agression from smokey.

the outlineing problem i feel is smokey for some unknowen reason.. the thing is shaddow will defend herself and comes off better. but i really need to understand why as me and the misses are really upset as we feel we going to end up asking my friend to take shaddow on full time or while we can lower this crazy aggresion thats overcome smokey to her own sister. shaddow and smokey tend to be lazy dogs but buster is a nut nut.. shaddow dont mind licking and excitment of buster and will sometimes get involved on a small scale. shaddow prefers a chilled life with lots of cuddles. if either buster or shaddow get to much shes always been the one to give a snap and end of. but its gone to extreame now...

anyone have any ideas solutions or advice or certain training classes as the vet said to jus muzzle them. but that wont rule out the problem!!!!!!!!!

klemzilla
klemzilla
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : buster shaddow smokey
Dog(s) Ages : all 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male female female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Empty Re: hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please.

Post by nicolene Iveson Sat Jan 18 2014, 05:40

Welcome to the forum from Tip and me. Afraid I can't be much help but I'm sure someone would be along soon that can help.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Empty Re: hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please.

Post by nicolene Iveson Sat Jan 18 2014, 05:43

Welcome to the forum from Tip and me. Afraid I can't be much help but I'm sure someone would be along soon that can help.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18 2014, 05:59

Hi & hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18 2014, 06:00

Hiya from darcy And me, I can't help either sorry as I've only ever had on dog, hope your all ok hello from herts!!! need BIG though please please please. 3198918699 someone will be along shortly who can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by _Jason_ Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:09

Welcome to the forums Smile
_Jason_
_Jason_

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : July 4th
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:15

it becasue they both female and from the same litter you ever wan to leave them alone together now you want to stop anything that could start an fight

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:38

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me

sorry I've only ever had one dog at a time
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Sat Jan 18 2014, 11:26

Hi and welcome from Oz and me, your situation must be very distressing and I'm very sad I can't help either as I've only got my boy I really hope one of our experienced members can point you in the right direction
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18 2014, 11:59

Hiya from me and Vinnie  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:30

Hi and welcome from me and Daisy  Big Grin 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by flowerbud Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:43

Hi welcome from me and Alfie. Sorry only ever had one dog at a time too, but there are plenty that have more that can offer you advice soon im sure.
flowerbud
flowerbud

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by klemzilla Sun Jan 19 2014, 05:15

THANK U EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOME.... STEVE. SORRY TO KEEP ASKING LOL BUT HOW COME NOW THEYVE LIVED TOGETHER FOR 6 YEARS BUT AFTER 3 DAYS APART THEYRE SOOO AGRESSIVE TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER, THANKFULLY MY FRIEND STILL HAS A HOLD OF SHADDOW FOR ME BUT IV NOTICED SMOKEYS ATTITUED HAS CHANGED COMPLETELY NOW TODAY ON WALK A FELLOW DOG OWNER HAD A SHARPAI AND SMOKEY WAS REALLY SNARLING AND WANTING TO GET TO IT....

IS IT ACTULLY TRU OF ONCE A DOG HAS A TASTE FOR BLOOD ETC ?? BECAUSE SOMETHING IN SMOKEYS BRAIN HAS TRIGGERED Sad
klemzilla
klemzilla

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster shaddow smokey
Dog(s) Ages : all 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male female female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Jan 19 2014, 15:58

hia from me and sasha  Smile ,you must be really upset with the situation,its good you friend can keep hold of her while you try and sort it out.have you tried to walk them together but keep them both on the lead?
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19 2014, 20:40

Hi klemzilla and welcome to the forum.

I can't speak with absolute authority because I've never had more than one dog at a time, but my gut feeling is that you've been lucky if Smokey and Shadow have tolerated each other in the past as many people have found it difficult to bring up same sex siblings together.

Smokey had Buster all to herself for 3 days and then Shadow reappeared and she was coming into season - bitches can get very jealous of a bitch in season at the best of times.

I wouldn't worry unduly about Smokey's behaviour towards the Sharpei, particularly if it too was a bitch; was Buster with you at the time? My guess would be that Smokey has got herself upset with her jealousy so I would advise that you keep her on a lead until she settles down again.

tbh I really would recommend that you have both bitches neutered, and Buster too if he is still entire.

In the short term, I would keep both bitches apart until one or the other has completely finished their seasons (followed by a bath to get rid of the last hormone smell, which we can't detect but dogs can!) and reintroduce them slowly and carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Mon Jan 20 2014, 09:25

Hi and welcome to the forum from me and the zoo Smile xx
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Knox (RIP baby boy <3)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Jan 25 2014, 10:09

Hi and welcome from me and my two Smile
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down