raw food channel 5 documentary

4 posters

Go down

raw food channel 5 documentary Empty raw food channel 5 documentary

Post by mazzyboo Tue Jan 07 2014, 21:14

hi everyone i was looking for fleece harnesses when i came accross a dog trainer called canine angel in uk. to be fair i havent been able to have a thorough look through her site but she calls her self a dog wisperer and is very passionate about dogs eating only raw.  anyway i got an email sent to me explaining that she was asked to take part in a channel 5 programme about the truth about dog food. I thought her email content would be on her site but couldnt find it so i just copied and pasted my email below. unfortunately i couldnt post the pictures as they were impressive but it would be still good to have a look especially if you're passionate about  raw food.  

----------------------------------

UPDATE: "The Truth About Dog Food" Channel 5 Documentary....
Canine Angel
To Me
Jan 4 at 5:14 PM

RAW MEATY BONES FEEDING NEEDS TO BE SHOWN ON TV!

I am always on the lookout for opportunities to educate pet owners on the horrors and dangers of commercial pet food, so when I was approached to help make a documentary for Channel 5 called “The Truth about Dog Food!” I was keen to find out more!
I thought finally a TV channel is making a documentary about pet food and exposing the truth about it, so I agreed to work with them and help them out – EVEN WITHOUT A FEE!

Originally, I was asked to supply two case studies of dogs, which were being fed a commercial processed pet food diet and were suffering with health and behavioural problems – which was never going to be difficult to find – but I whittled them down to two severe cases.

The idea was to show these dogs being switched from their processed food diets to a Raw Meaty Bones Diet and we would follow their progress and monitor their changes on the documentary.

I thought very carefully about the two cases that I was going to show to the nation and wanted to choose two dogs that would really help to get the message across.

The two dogs that were chosen were:
Bella, a 12-year-old English Setter  
Misty, a 3-year-old Collie Cross.

Misty was constantly barking and showing signs of high anxiety and stress and her owners were at their wits end with what to do with her. Misty had already begun to show signs of commercial pet food damage so we put her on The Canine Angel Diet & Nutrition program straight away.

Bella came to us through one of my students, and I had never seen such a severe case of pet food and over prescribed medication poisoning in my entire working career!
As you can see from the photo's below Bella was in a very sorry state indeed!
These are the before and after shots of Bella's healing throughout the program.

Bella's problems started when she was a 2-year-old and she was rushed to the vet with acute diarrhoea.
Bella had been fed on one of the leading brands of pet food for these first 2 years of her life and her digestive problems was a sure sign her systems were reacting to the poisons and incorrect ingredients she was consuming in this leading brand of dog food.

Her vet suggested Bella was changed on to CAT FOOD and gave her a shot of antibiotics and sent her home.

Bella's health deteriorated from here on in and constantly was in and out of the vets with tummy upsets, problems with her skin and ears.
You can see just how infected and sore here ears were in these pictures below.

The vet just prescribed antibiotics and steroids each time and things would clear up for a little while and then return again.

It was 4 years ago that Bella was then diagnosed by her vet for thyroid problems and given thyroid medication.

Within two days Bella had a severe reaction to this drug and her hair began to fall out all over her body, she started itching, scratching and licking obsessively and her ear infection flared up again.

Bella was taken to see the vet again, who said he had never seen a reaction to the drug like this before and changed her medication to a slightly different one.

Upon looking up the side effects of this drug we found all the symptoms Bella was showing were in fact being caused by over dosing on this particular drug.

During these 8 years that Bella was in and out of the vets, diet was never mentioned again and only drugs were offered.

Bella also had a severe case of mouth rot and gum disease, and her mouth was full of bacteria. Animals are supposed to have natural antiseptic tongues that enable them to self heal, but Bella was just spreading the bacteria from her mouth to her wounds and back again. It was such a sorry sight to see.

We got to work on Bella straight away and put her through The Canine Angel Diet & Nutrition Program, which involved fasting and cleansing her gut with Natural Pet Vitality Fulvic Acid Minerals, and putting her onto a raw meaty bones diet which you can see her tucking into below:

We also sent off her hair sample for DNA testing and the results showed exactly what we suspected.
She was then treated with a Bio Resonance Pendant and all we could now do was give her plenty of rest time to go into deep healing.

We knew as the toxins were leaving Bella’s system she would go through a harsh detox and it was a tough time for all of us to watch her have to go through the misery of this.

We gave her lots of hands-on healing and prayed she would pull through.

We allowed the camera crew to come in and film her at this stage as we wanted the bare truth to be shown. The camera crew were really nice and took their time around Bella and interviewed me about her case and story.
I had vowed to tell the heartfelt truth in this interview as I felt Bella deserved her story to be told with dignity and sensitivity, as there were alot of emotions surrounding her case.

Next we went to film Misty, who had been through the first stage of The Canine Angel Diet & Nutrition Program and was ready to be given her first ever taste of Raw Meaty Bones and we were going to capture this wonderful moment on film, so we could educate on how to feed a dog a raw chicken wing safely.

It was a magic and powerful moment where both the film crew and Misty’s owners watched in sheer delight as they saw and heard Misty crunch her way through her very first ever Raw Chicken Wing!
It made for powerful viewing and we all agreed this would probably make British TV History as this had never been shown on national TV before.

The film crew were due to come back four weeks later to film and follow the progress that the dogs were making. However two weeks had gone by and I received a call to say that their filming schedule was really tight and they would NOT HAVE TIME to come back and film the follow up progress, but felt they had enough powerful footage to get the message across.

I was upset to hear this news as the dogs were making such progress and I felt the public would want to know what happened to both the dogs and were not capturing the true essence of how we can heal a dog through proper diet & nutrition.  

Two days before Christmas, I was informed by the film company that unfortunately Channel 5 had CUT my interview about Bella’s Story from the final documentary and have only just kept a few clips of her in the program!

Not only that but, I was also informed they have CUT the scene of Misty safely consuming her very first  RAW Chicken Wing.

As you can imagine I was devastated and disheartened by this news, I felt they had completely wasted both mine and my client’s time and had CUT the most important bit from their show.

On writing to both the film company and Channel 5, to ask why they had cut these from the documentary, I was told that Channel 5 felt that showing a dog eating a chicken wing would upset the balance of the PRO BARF feeding argument and that there was nothing I could do about it. They reminded me that I had signed a contract stating that Channel 5 had final say over what was shown.
The film company said they tried to fight for the Raw Chicken Wing scene to be kept in, as they also felt it was important to show this, but it was out of their hands too.

I do not feel they have given satisfactory answers or have told the truth about why the interview and chicken wing scene was CUT from the final piece.

Channel 5 have claimed to be making a documentary to show The TRUTH ABOUT DOG FOOD and have stated that their aim has to be to show ALL ways a dog can be fed and show a fair and balanced view of them.

If they are NOT showing a dog consuming their own Raw Meaty Bones then these claims are in fact UNTRUE!

The Raw Feeding UK Facebook group has over 8,000 members and is growing every day.
Th UK's Raw Feeders want to see this topic being covered in the most honest light possible, so one of the members of the group, very kindly set up a petition so we can air our views to Channel 5 and make our point that our side of the story needs to be told too – and that very soon – too many innocent dogs are being seriously harmed as their stomachs are being pumped full of processed dog food.

It is time to stand up and take action, please support us in making our voices heard and point made to Channel 5!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ch5-put-the-raw-back-in-your-dogfood-programm

I am so disappointed with them not showing Bella’s story in full but have made the decision that Channel 5 are not the right partner to work with on such a sensitive matter and I have promised Bella that I will share her story in full through another medium as I feel pet owners everywhere really need to learn from her case just as we have.

However, we would all like the scene of the Raw Chicken Wing feeding to be shown as this also is vital education for the British pet loving nation.

We need your help to do this.

They can show sex, violence and murder on the TV - they can even show a wolf or lion eating off a kill, so why can they not show a dog eating a raw chicken wing?

No dog should ever suffer like Bella has and she is just one of many dogs out there that have suffered at the hands of the pet food companies and the REAL TRUTH needs to be exposed!

Here is the petition link: Please sign and share where you can.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ch5-put-the-raw-back-in-your-dogfood-programm

The FANTASTIC NEWS is that Bella is well on her way to recovering and healing! She is one remarkable dog who has the fight left in her to make it through.

You can see from her before and after photos just how well she is doing.
Her wounds have healed and she has new hair growth for the first time in years!
New hair growth only happens when the right nutrition is given.  
And Bella has proved, no matter what the age of your dog is,
It is never too late to switch to a Raw Meaty Bones Diet!

The human being is the only species on this planet that I know of who build a fire to cook and heat their food.
Every other species, be that bird mammal, insect or fish, kill and eat each other raw.

Our dogs and cats are carnivore animals, they are not human, nor are the omnivores which the vets and pet food companies will try and convince you they are.
We should never ever cook their food and never give them grains of any sort and we need to put the RAW BONE back into our dog’s diet on a daily basis.
BARF Feeding is a step in the right direction and is better than kibble or canned food, but a dog and cat needs to do its own processing of bones and not have them mashed up for them. Again this is just human interference in the way a dog an cat should naturally be fed. There are massive health and psychological benefits to an animal when its processes its own raw met and bones and their digestive systems were designed to handle this job naturally.

Kibble and canned foods are extremely dangerous when fed over long periods of time,
If you would like help to makes some changes to your pet’s diet then please CLICK HERE for further information.

Bella and Misty Thank-You for your support, these are two of the lucky dogs who we have been saved from any more commercial pet food poisoning and we continue to watch them make progress in their recovery.

Kind Regards

Nikki Brown
The UK’s Leading Natural Dog Whisperer.

mazzyboo
mazzyboo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : wispa
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

raw food channel 5 documentary Empty Re: raw food channel 5 documentary

Post by Sazzle Tue Jan 07 2014, 21:36

Shame on channel5! Thanks for sharing  Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07 2014, 21:41

Shame on them Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 08 2014, 10:46

at wits end How frustrating- why not show the whole story.

Have you considered contacting Sky or the BBC to air a documentary abour raw feeding I'm sure either would jump at the opportunity.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahbut Wed Jan 08 2014, 13:08

Some credibility is blown for me, I'm afraid, if part of the methodology involves 'praying for the dog to pull through'. If this is the right quasi-scientific approach, surely God doesnt need to lend a hand.

yeahbut
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
raw food channel 5 documentary Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down