help with letting me pup go up the garden

5 posters

Go down

help with letting me pup go up the garden Empty help with letting me pup go up the garden

Post by markrobo Thu Dec 12 2013, 16:39

Hi can any one help me my dog had her first injection last week and not due her second one next Friday but I want her to start going in the garden for the toilet and want to start her on the lead but scared she might catch some thing is this a bad idea and just wait until she has hrr second injection!
markrobo
markrobo
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : beau
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 99

Back to top Go down

help with letting me pup go up the garden Empty Re: help with letting me pup go up the garden

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 16:48

I think it varies from vet to vet but my vet said Darcy was safe to go in the garden after her 1st jab Smile what did your vet say?

Back to top Go down

help with letting me pup go up the garden Empty Re: help with letting me pup go up the garden

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 16:50

I've always allowed a pup to go in the garden as soon as they come home - even before the first jabs! As long as you don't get strange dogs coming & going you'll be ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 16:51

P.S. You can also carry her around outside (wrapped up against the cold) to help her get used to the great outdoors. Just don't put her down or allow other dogs to sniff at her just yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 16:54

Caryll wrote:P.S. You can also carry her around outside (wrapped up against the cold) to help her get used to the great outdoors. Just don't put her down or allow other dogs to sniff at her just yet!

We did this too, to the shop to get Darcy used to the sights and sounds thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Thu Dec 12 2013, 17:10

Thanks for ur replys think I will just hold her and walk up and down the path just to get use to the sight and sounds I didn't ask the vet so I wouldn't no what he would say !
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 17:54

I let Vinnie in the garden straight away, before first jab as there were no more dogs about and no fear of any getting in.  Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Thu Dec 12 2013, 20:29

Will any cats be a problem !
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Dec 12 2013, 20:32

markrobo wrote:Thanks for ur replys think I will just hold her and walk up and down the path just to get use to the sight and sounds I didn't ask the vet so I wouldn't no what he would say !

You could always just give your vet a quick phone call and ask, they wouldn't mind
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 20:45

markrobo wrote:Will any cats be a problem !

Not unless she decides she wants to eat them, like my Dempsey! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Thu Dec 12 2013, 21:43

hehehehe? Laughing 
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 21:53

You think I'm joking?

I'm so not. Dempsey loathes cats! Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Thu Dec 12 2013, 21:54

AND THEY GOT TWO CATS NEXT DOOR SO IT LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO HAVE SOME FUN
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 21:57

They're not all like him! Dempsey was fine with cats until one decided it was going to scratch him every time we went past a certain house (which was most days!). After about the 10th time, he decided enough was enough & blames every cat in the world for it! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Thu Dec 12 2013, 23:45

We let our 2 in the garden straight away. We've always had 4 cats and when we got each puppy the cats were bigger than them so they've always had great respect for them  Laughing 
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Dec 13 2013, 07:57

I let Bacchus loose in the garden straight away but our garden is secure so no other dogs have access. BTW we have 3 cats.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Dec 13 2013, 08:01

Caryll wrote:You think I'm joking?

I'm so not. Dempsey loathes cats! Wink 

Bacchus has been raised with 3 cats so has a healthy respect for those sharp claws, even cats outside are not to be messed with. Our cats claim to hate him but I went upstairs the other day and he and the big moggie were lying relaxing on the landing. Not cuddling mind you, but only about a foot apart.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13 2013, 08:23

Yes, and I'm sure Dempsey would have been okay if that vicious moggy (it attacks humans as well!) hadn't kept scratching him!

All my other dogs have been fine with cats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13 2013, 10:06

Shell be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Sat Dec 14 2013, 22:49

We let Bane out a day or two after getting him home so we could get straight on the toilet training! I think he was only about 7 weeks. After a few days he discovered the sun and all he wanted to do then was sun bathe and roll around in the grass! The first time it rained was a shock though! Tongues thats when he turned pig and would just walk around grunting refusing to do his business! haha

We also got him out of the house as much as possible; we would carry him down to Sainsburys and sit outside to get him used to the noises and people. We did get a few funny looks though  Laughing and when he started hitting the 8 week mark it was so much harder cos he was getting heavy and just wanted to get down on the floor to run around! We also took him in the car anywhere and everywhere to get him used to that too!
It was so good for him, as when he went for his first walk he wasn't bothered by cars or noises or anything as he had seen it all before! Smile
Bane
Bane

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bane
Dog(s) Ages : 13th August 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down