debbiewaterhouse
janey
Nosipho
Steve
Aniemother
tony
12 posters

Go down

Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Empty Marie has a heart that just bursts with love

Post by tony Wed May 04 2011, 16:12

Marie just wants to be the centre of your world. She’ll give back any love you show her ten fold.

She has been with Rescue Remedies dog rescue for over a year now. The problem is that she hates it in kennels. She just wants to be at the centre of someone's family. So when she first meets people at the kennels she is full of energy which can put people off. But when she has been in foster homes she has settled right down. She would make such a wonderful family pet. She just needs a chance.

I hope it's ok to post a link to Marie's photo gallery. I couldn't figure out how to post a photo. Being a thicko.

http://www.rescueremediesdogsblog.co.uk/?page_id=219

tony
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Empty Re: Marie has a heart that just bursts with love

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 16:23

she looks a real sweetie.. lets hope she gets her forever home real soon !

Back to top Go down

Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Empty Re: Marie has a heart that just bursts with love

Post by Aniemother Wed May 04 2011, 17:06

What a darling. She'd be welcome here if she wasn't so far away. Love Struck
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed May 04 2011, 17:07

Big Grin get rescueremediesdogsblog.co.uk to our link directory Smile

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/linkdirectory/index.php

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed May 04 2011, 17:27

Marie - Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Thumbs_marie-face

Come on guys shes stunning! A proper game stafford who wouldnt want her!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04 2011, 19:51

What a gorgeous girl. I'd love her, but Dempsey wouldn't............

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 04 2011, 19:58

Breaks my heart and all the others there. Can only rescue one at a time, proper lovely dog x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Thu May 05 2011, 12:18

Thanks for the lovely comments guys. Marie is just a little fun loving staffy. Everything we all love about the breed. When she runs about her little tale spins in a circle like a propeller. On a flexi lead she will run to the end, then back to you to tell you to hurry up, then off again. Never pulling at all on the flexi. On a shorter lead she does pull though. In kennels she is high energy, but once in a home she is a completely different dog. She has proven this in a temporary foster home she was in while they were off work for a short holiday. Then she came back to us when they returned to work after their holiday. It was a real shame that she had to come back into kennels but was valuable for people to see how well she settles in a loving home.

tony

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 13:05

hope she gets a forever home soon, she is lovely

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 14:01

I certainly hope she finds a home that she deserves Love Struck
She looks lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Sun May 08 2011, 22:38

Awww Marie looks so much like my other dog Jess that lives with my daughter, i'd love to take her but Hollie is enough for me at the moment...hope she finds someone to love her forever
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Fri Jul 01 2011, 15:54

I walk Marie at the Rescue Remedies kennels. I love her to bits. Yesterday when I turned up at the kennels she got really excited and somehow managed to get her paw all tangled up in the kennel grating at un-natural angles. I don't know how she managed it. Then she cut her mouth open trying to free herself.

She hates kennels and is desperate for a foster home. She is in a temporary foster home while she heals up. But after this weekend the poor girl has to go back in kennels as there is nowhere else for her to go.

It would be great if people could spread the word about this girl. She loves people so much, it must be torture for her in kennels. I hope someone can help. I hate seeing Marie stuck in kennels when all she wants is a cosey sofa to lay on.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male

http://www.shelter-helper.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 16:30

I feel so useless on the other side of the world.. but I will send a prayer and some positive thoughts that this darling girl gets her forever home.. and soon ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Fri Jul 01 2011, 16:36

Thank you. She deserves some positive thoughts. All she ever gives out is positivity, in bucket loads. She's a very special girl and always full of enthusiasm for life.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Fri Jul 01 2011, 22:32

Breaks my heart seeing all these dogs that need a home. If she wasn't so far away I'd consider taking her, such a fine looking dog. Hope she finds a loving family, she deserves it. Good luck Marie.
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Sun Jul 10 2011, 13:14

Just a quick update on Marie. She is feeling much better now. She has been in temporary foster while she got better. It's not nice for her to have to go back into kennels but at least she's had a nice break from the stress of kennel life.

She settles so well in a home. She's like a different dog to how she is in kennels.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:28

Aww, Marie looks lovely. I hope she finds a home soon.
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Tue Jul 12 2011, 17:42

I took Marie to have her stitches out today. She wasn't so keen on that eek but now she is back to her usual wriggly self. She's still waiting for a home though Sad
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 12 2011, 18:12

Wishing her a speedy recovery, I wish I could offer her a home Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jul 13 2011, 10:29

Me too but im full at the moment sorry Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Empty hi

Post by staffyLover111 Wed Jul 13 2011, 16:24

hello im in berkshire if that helps either for foster or rehoming Smile
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jul 13 2011, 16:59

Crossing my fingers staffylover xxx

Don't really look in this forum much, it breaks my heart I want them ALL
chloexxx
chloexxx

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chloe, Blake
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch/ Dog
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Wed Jul 13 2011, 18:02

Hi StaffyLover ,

Berkshire would be great location wise. If you could contact Rescue Remedies. Just type it into Google and their details will pop up. Usually you will need to fill in a fostering application form. Then they will be able to see if she would be likely to be a good match for your household.

Thanks for your kind offer of help. It would be great to see her in a foster home Big Grin

Last edited by Shelter Helper on Wed Jul 13 2011, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 18:50

hope everything works out and she feels better soon

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyLover111 Wed Jul 13 2011, 20:36

Okay thankyou i will look now and fill it out fingers crossed but i have been refussed before as im in a flat, battersea did a home check on me and okayed me for rehoming and when i got there to get a dog they said i cant have a staffy because i didnt have a house with a secure garden but we have a communal garden with fields next to the flats, and 3 of my neighbours have dogs, but ill try now and hope i get her home here Big Grin
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:01

staffyLover111 wrote:Okay thankyou i will look now and fill it out fingers crossed but i have been refussed before as im in a flat, battersea did a home check on me and okayed me for rehoming and when i got there to get a dog they said i cant have a staffy because i didnt have a house with a secure garden but we have a communal garden with fields next to the flats, and 3 of my neighbours have dogs, but ill try now and hope i get her home here Big Grin

Fingers crossed. I had similar issues with battersea which is such a shame. They would let me rehome a staff being in a flat but only because I had experience with them, but where also very funny about what dog they would suggest. I wasn't fussy really just wanted a girl under 16months so I could personally train her. The only suggestions they had where a boy of seven, a girl of 9 and a girl of 10 months who I said yes to straight away but by the time I got there to see her and pick her up she had gone. There was a boy called Dexter, he was a loon, had been there his whole life and was 9mnths, they wouldn't let me have him because he needed a multi occupancy household! I was gutted. Seemed wrong to me. I think sometimes they make it harder to rescue. Personally would take them all and I get why they are so stringent but out of 120 dogs 110 where staffs. I hated going there.

Thats my mumble anyway Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyLover111 Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:12

you would think that as long as they are going to a nice stable home it wouldnt matter these days as being in a home and out of shelter would be better all round realisticly, but no its a shame as so many dogs are being put to sleep every day because of this makes me angry.
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Thu Jul 14 2011, 15:33

I'm pretty sure Rescue Remedies have fostered dogs out to people that live in a flat before. Personally I can't see why that would be a problem as long as she got out for walks.

They do say on Marie's advert that she should have a low dog density area. Sometimes she takes a dislike to some other dogs but I've also seen her getting on fine with them. But I'm never too sure what I'm going to get from her so tend to keep her at a distance from other dogs. So maybe your neighbours having dogs is the only issue I personally can see from what you've told me.

Have Reecue Remedies responded to you yet? If not I'll try to chase it up for you and see what they think. She is currently in kennels at Farnham so not too far. I drive down there to walk the dogs every week.

She's a bit excitable out the front of the kennels as she hates it in kennels and gets a bit worked up. This can put people off her. But when she's in a home environment she settles right down. She's a very emotional staffy and everything we all love about the breed. People are Marie's world. So in kennels the centre of her world has been taken away from her.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 16:05

Aw I've only just seen this. Let us know how you get on StaffyLover.

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyLover111 Thu Jul 14 2011, 16:18

Hi just an update rescue remedies have been in touch and they are looking into it, there was concern on their behalf about the fencing around the flats and about other dogs in my area which are all female, maria does not get on with female dogs but if kept on a harness i cant see it being a problem. Anyway she said she would be in touch soon, i really hope i can rehome her.
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 14 2011, 18:06

Really rooting for you and Marie, keep us posted Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Thu Jul 14 2011, 19:08

Got everything crossed for Marie & you....... Please make it happen xx
chloexxx
chloexxx

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chloe, Blake
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch/ Dog
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyLover111 Thu Jul 14 2011, 21:19

thanks all its all up to the shelter now to get in touch day dreaming

regards amanda ***fingers crossed***
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 21:39

Nice one, fingers crossed for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Sat Jul 16 2011, 18:21

Hope its good news x
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females

Back to top Go down

Marie has a heart that just bursts with love Empty UPDATE

Post by staffyLover111 Sun Jul 17 2011, 14:32

just an update ive had a homecheck and they have okayed my home but they said that because other dogs live opposite me it would be an issue with marie so they are looking into fostering for me. i hope marie finds a home soon i would of had her but they said shes not good with female dogs and my neighbour has 2 female dogs, ill just keep looking i dont know
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Jul 17 2011, 14:34

Well you tried and if its not Marie then lets hope you can help another, there are tons out there Xx Well done you Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyLover111 Sun Jul 17 2011, 14:42

thanks Smile xx
staffyLover111
staffyLover111

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Sat Aug 20 2011, 16:33

Marie is still waiting for her new home Sad I hope she doesn't have to spend another winter in kennels.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down