Gillys really on edge

Go down

Gillys really on edge Empty Gillys really on edge

Post by sean1manc Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:33

Hi I Have two problems.
First
I have a gorgeous red staffy bitch 3 years old. the last few weeks she has become very unsettled in the evening.
3 weeks ago she would not move from the settee were we sit on, now she lies on the floor or leaves the room and lies in her bed in the Kitchen after a while she comes back in sits with us reluctantly then moves to another settee or leaves the room again. She is normal the rest of the time, comes to bed with us and does the norm in the bed, off the bed, on the bed, in the bed, off the bed. But i can clearly see she is unsettled after tea and before bed. Any ideas?
Second thing is
Gilly has never settled in my car or van always moving as if she is trying to hide from the whole situation of drivng. She is happy to get in the car or van but becomes unsettle when we have passed her normal walks. She has been in cars daily since 8 weeks old but has always been unsettled as if she is being spooked by something. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks all
sean1manc
sean1manc
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Gilly
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Gillys really on edge Empty Re: Gillys really on edge

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:38

I'd hazzard a guess and say that she's either unwell, or something has frightened her. Can you think of anything different over the last few weeks? Any loud or strange noises, any changes in the house or any arguments?

Is she given the run of the car/van? If so, I'd try getting a soft travel crate. She may feel a bit more secure in that. Also, try an Adaptil spray to help calm down her anxiousness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:40

Sounds like something has spooked her at the time she sits on the sofa with you. I have had the same problem here with my boy ever since fireworks have been going off.
As for the car I cant really advise much there as never had experience of it. Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by sean1manc Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:50

Thanks for your replies.
Its my guess that it was the fireworks that started it all but as its been a few weeks and there hasnt been any since. Plus she settles on the other settee. No arguments or any real changes she is a well loved dog living in a happy house.
sean1manc
sean1manc

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Gilly
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:55

Well Vin has only just tonight settled in his usual place since the fireworks hence to say we have been on hols for a week so I think its just time for them to feel safe again Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down