Black and Tan pups

4 posters

Go down

Black and Tan pups  Empty Black and Tan pups

Post by Tyson-Missy Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:05

Hi my dogs have not long had their second litter together and each time now they have made Black and Tan pups, they are really stunning.

Both my dogs are Red in colouring so most of pups are always red but born litters now have had two Black and Tans.

I know the KC don't register them because of the dominate colouring but I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks of them, knowing that they are rare it makes me feel a little more un easy about who they are sold to.

I'm very careful with whom I sell to as I just love my staffies and only want them to go to family loving homes.

I see there was a post on here asking for pictures of Black and Tan staffs so just thought I'd share that I have them stunning puppies

Tyson-Missy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Black and Tan pups  Empty Re: Black and Tan pups

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:11

Hi and welcome to the forum! Smile

Feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself and your dogs - age, names, etc.. Smile

I'm afraid you might not like my answer, but black and tan colourings appearing in a staffy mean that, somewhere in the ancestry of (most likely) both of the parents, there has been a cross with a black and tan breed. It is a rare colour in as much as the colour doesn't naturally occur in purebred staffies, but unfortunately it also means that there is a cross in the ancestry. Of course, this doesn't mean that the pups aren't beautiful. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:16

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Would love to see some pictures of the puppies:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t12017-how-to-post-a-photos-onto-the-forum
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:23

Hi & welcome.

I echo what Eleanor has said. Although they are attractive, thEy are not a naturally-occuring colour pattern in the breed, so there will be an introduction of foreign blood back in the ancestry somewhere!

Can I ask why you have bred your two, especially twice & do you intend to breed again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:41

If your dogs are making black and tan pups i would not breed them again. I would also make a legal contract for any buyrs that the b&t pups MUST be neutered/spayed as soon as they are ready to to prevent any unwanted breeding, b&t could destroy a lot of lines and take over as other colours seem to be at the moment. As said, there is some cross breeding in the history here b&t is not a natural staffie colouring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsbels Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:46

Although I agree with what the others have said I absolutely adore Black and Tan staffs, my last girl was Black and Tan, a stunning looking girl I didn't breed from her however as I was made aware of the possible health issues. Would love to see photos though x
Kelsbels
Kelsbels

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nico
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:55

I'm sure your puppies are beautiful, I'd love to see pics too, but I totally agree with all above ^^^ and ask the same questions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07 2013, 18:00

Kelsbels wrote:Although I agree with what the others have said I absolutely adore Black and Tan staffs, my last girl was Black and Tan, a stunning looking girl I didn't breed from her however as I was made aware of the possible health issues. Would love to see photos though x
There are no health issues per say the genes would just dominate the entire breed. No other colour of rotti or dobe! (Liver an tan isa form of b&t too)

Back to top Go down

Post by _Jason_ Fri Nov 08 2013, 09:30

Theres a black and tan staffy down the bottom of my street,beautiful it is
_Jason_
_Jason_

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Max