Oh Dear !

3 posters

Go down

Oh Dear ! Empty Oh Dear !

Post by Bruno311210 Mon May 02 2011, 17:20

Don't know what is wrong with Bruno, but........ He seems to have gone backwards in his housetraining, we were getting on good with the odd accident, but today he has pooed and weed in the lounge which he hasn't done for ages, don't know what has upset him. He's been on the same walk today as always, playing etc. But before he did a poo in lounge my daughter was outside with him, as i let him out as he was blowing off alot Laughing so i knew he need to go, but he didn't go outside, he went in the lounge, whether that was pay back for her being outside and he likes to do it private i don't know, but the wee he has just done while i was doing my daughter's hair after a hairwash ready for school tomorrow Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Should i go back to basics or just carrying on putting him out every hour ?

Any Advice Welcome Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Oh Dear ! Empty Re: Oh Dear !

Post by Aniemother Mon May 02 2011, 17:24

When in doubt I believe in always going back to basics.. Whatever caused this incident, you don't want a repetition. So better safe than sorry IMO.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 17:25

I'd go back to basics for a couple of days & then carry on as normal. Most pups have little backwards steps when they're learning where to go to the toilet. I'm sure it's just a hiccup, nothing else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 17:32

yeah he is still only a baby...
do you give a command when he does a wee?? Jethro widdles on command more or less.. now with the new puppy everytime he goes out on the lawn and he wees I say do widdles..so hopefully he will do the same when he gets older. Then I like to think when he goes out he WILL do a widdle !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Mon May 02 2011, 17:36

thank you all Big Grin

he just ask to go outside and he did a no2 Big Grin so perhaps they were just accidents. but i think we'll go back to basics like you say and just carry on from there Big Grin

but when we let him on the hour, we say wee wee Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyBlue Mon May 02 2011, 17:38

Bless I agree its just a hiccup, back to basics as the other say, am sure you will have him back on track soon Smile
SkyBlue
SkyBlue
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sky
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 17:40

Sometimes they just get carried away with what they're doing. Sure enough, he had been outside but was probably ejoying himself playing, sniffing etc.... and then when he came inside realised he needed to "go"

Roxy is a similar age to Bruno and is generally good with her toileting, but on the rare occasion she has a slip-up I don't make a fuss, clean it up and continue on with whatever I was doing . I think most pups have the odd accident, but does'nt necessarilly (sorry 'bout the spelling) mean they have taken a real backwards step. I would just keep doing whatever you have been doing but keep a closer eye on him for his warning signs that he may need to "go"

I also agree with Vanessa. When I take Roxy outside I say "do wees" and most times she will go and do her business, whether she needs just a wee or a poop too. It was easy to teach her.....when she was a lot younger and I saw her doing a wee I would say "do wees" and then praise her up when she was done. She soon came to connect the command with the action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down