Maria90
Nor Cal
Sazzle
Keith
Sara n Ozzy
Ruby Sparks
11 posters

Go down

Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid Empty Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid

Post by Ruby Sparks Fri Nov 01 2013, 10:04

My Staffy makes a growling noise when she is happy and excited.It is when you give her something.She is not aggressive she is just happy but other people hear growling and think she is angry.She will bring the toy over and give it to you to play with her so she is not being possessive.She makes the noise like a cat purring sometimes when cuddling too.Is this what people mean by Staffs are vocal.Anybody else have this funny noise and tail wagging when they give their dog a bone or toy or treat.
Ruby Sparks
Ruby Sparks
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid Empty Re: Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 10:10

That's perfectly normal ruby, Darcy makes a real growly noise when she's playing and always has done Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid Empty Re: Weird noise kinda funny but other people are afraid

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 10:36

Yes, they can be quite vocal dogs.

Believe me, if you heard a Stafford really growl, you wouldn't be able to mistake it for anything else!nail biting 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Fri Nov 01 2013, 18:27

Yep I am with you on this the first time Ozzy did it it scared me to death until I realised he just wanted to play
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:57

The other dog owners near me call it the staffy rattle. Laughing
All my staffy fosters have made it - especially when they get well into their play.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 23:15

I call it the grumbles, its a staffy / bull thing, and if you dont have one you don't get it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Nov 03 2013, 22:26

Yeah Daisy does this too, when we play tug of war it sounds like she's going to kill me!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nor Cal Mon Nov 04 2013, 01:33

Haha, they definitely growl during play. Don't worry, you'll learn to speak Staffy soon!Laughing 

I can definitely distinguish between an serious growl versus a play growl now.

Nor Cal
Nor Cal
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacon
Dog(s) Ages : Born 3/24/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Nov 04 2013, 09:32

I love their little growl when they are playing, I think it's so cute, and funny to see peoples reaction! Laughing 
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:03

Yup Rocky does it too, could easily get misread by people who don't know the breed and the way they play.

Rocky also does the purring thing when he curles up on my lap for a cuddle, it's so funny, bless 'em Love Struck Smile 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Mon Nov 04 2013, 12:08

Biscuit is very noisy too.. she growls and runs up to people that she's excited to see, but it's in a silly waggy excited way, much different to her grumpy or scared growl. It's like she just can't keep it in and that's how it comes out! Also groans/purrs like an old man when snuggled up on your lap. Though I've never heard any of the chatty staffy noises from her, and she very rarely barks.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Debs01 Mon Nov 04 2013, 13:06

Axl growls when he sees us first thing in the morning, I think its cute lol. He will also growl during play and he chuffs like a lion when we stroke him... so funny!
Debs01
Debs01
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by simoninwales Mon Nov 04 2013, 15:05

Staffy talking is a lot different to Staffy angry.

Tedster does it with people he knows well and if he is really exited makes a noise like a dolphin.

He only barks or angry growls if he knows something is wrong e.g.

Man reversing a digger up the lane on a trailer (These are not suposed to go backwards acording to Tedster) Only time I have seen the fur on his back stand up.

Mobile home on the back of a truck which we couldn't pass (Houses do not go on roads according to Tedster)

Smoke coming out of the oven because I had the grill on and closed the door (It's not suposed to do that, according to Tedster)

Screen saver on the TV which floats around the screen (Not supposed to do that acording to Tedster)

Many and various plastic bags blowing around the park (Just need to be growled at according to Tedster)

Regards

Simon & The Tedster
simoninwales
simoninwales

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Teddy
Dog(s) Ages : 2.5
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04 2013, 16:05

Vinnie is a mega growler, but all excitement its just like he is talking! Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarlymilk Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:54

Normal as ever, Jagger purrs , gurgles, weird * growls ( of course not aggressive at all ) and he also snores lol at first my wife was sure something was wrong with him but he is just talking, almost never barks, mebe 1 or 2 times if he spots the cat Smile
gnarlymilk
gnarlymilk
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : JAgger
Dog(s) Ages : Puppy
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down