not a good morning

2 posters

Go down

not a good morning Empty not a good morning

Post by mazzyboo Tue Oct 22 2013, 23:50

Took wispa out to the fields today theres a few but this one is relatively quite so he is put on a long line and we do recall training.  when i get to the field i see my lovely neighbour with her well behaved off the leash dog talking to another dog owner. her dog has no interest in wispa and we except that as wispa is too boisterous for him so i keep him on leash while around him.  the other dog owner's dog is obviously shy and slightly hiding behind him, he looks at my dog as wispa trys to reach his dog to play no barking growling agressive body language and asks how old he is i say 6months then he says "he's a vicious little thing isnt he?" Surprised my neighbour jumps in and says no he isnt and he just wants to play. he says his goodbye and leaves angry  my neighbour says to take no notice and that he has a really shy dog which was clearly visable.

we tried to have a chat but wispa kept tryin to get her dog so she suggeste she leave so i could exercise him and we'd catch up later. i put on wispas long line and this guy turns up with two boxers one on lead one off.
i was still trying to calm him down while neighbours dog was leaving field when the one behind him withot his knowledge started slowly running towards us.  i dont mind dogs saying hello but only if owner is aware and near and if they have let me know their dog is friendly. so i shout to the owner to get his attention and he looks at whats happening and turns away again.  i call again 3x knowing he can hear me then he turns to look at his dog coming to us and starts to cal his dog it stops but just kept staring and eventually went back to him.

this happened twice, he then tells me his dog just wants to have a look...

why did this owner do that?? i wasnt sure what his dog was like and wispa is already excited, if he said something to reassure me i would have been more comfortable with his big dog coming towards us.

i take wispa to another field and we had some exercise and i managed to distrct him from a passing dog.  we were doing recall and usually im behind the lead but he started staying at my side more so lead is behind him and he kept watching me when a couple walked through the field but he just bolted to this couple and the line wasnt close enuff and i hd to run to catch up with him and i stepped on lead cos i knew he wouldnt stop if i called being that determined. i t was wet and muddy and although i knew he wouldnt hurt them, they dont, more so what if he jumped on them?? he doesnt do that but couldnt be sure. i nearly fell when i stepped on lead in wellies i looked hilarious Laughing    I explained he was training and apologised but was so annoyed with myself because im always behind thelead or near it incase.  i will not let that happen again
mazzyboo
mazzyboo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : wispa
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

not a good morning Empty Re: not a good morning

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23 2013, 05:05

Oh dear not the best start today. Unfortunately it's a familiar story - owners not being aware or conscientious when out. It's nerve wrecking at times.

Pity about the muddy incident too Laughing Laughing but at least no harm was done and it sounds like recall training at 6 months is going well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:15

Unfortunately we have these negative experiences Sad best to rant to get it of your chest Big Grin some other people just don't seem to to be as conscientious as we are Sad and the bloke jzst obviously hasn't a clue about doggy body language !!

Sounds to me like you doing everything right, would have loved to have seen the dash for the end of the line though Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by mazzyboo Wed Oct 23 2013, 10:38

thanks roxy! thats nice to hear Smile  i know he's still young so i guess i have to keep at it. muddy incident i hope will be a one-off but i guess with training it doesnt always go to plan Laughing 

darcey-may you're right im just glad for somewhere to rant and as for me running for the long line you would have wanted to see it Laughing
mazzyboo
mazzyboo

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : wispa
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Oct 23 2013, 10:57

I've no idea why the man behaved that way, some men don't like to take any notice of what women are saying to them not listening  when they should be really.

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23 2013, 11:18

mazzyboo wrote:
why did this owner do that?? i wasnt sure what his dog was like and wispa is already excited, if he said something to reassure me i would have been more comfortable with his big dog coming towards us.
Why? Because he's an arrogant pr*t who doesn't give a t*ss about anybody but himself.Big Grin 

There are a few round my way like that as well. They soon come and get their dog when Dempsey decides he's had enough..........>Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down