Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning as owner doesn't want. Help

+4
stella
Kathy
Sazzle
Chezd80
8 posters

Go down

Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Empty Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning as owner doesn't want. Help

Post by Chezd80 Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:02

I don't know how I am going to introduce these three. They havnt ha any contact with the off spring since he was 6 months. I walked them two days ago and all was ok. Brought indie the 2 year old in following bailey his pops and all was fine. Bella his mam want crazy. Indie the 2 year old and bella were showing there teeth. I put bella and bailey in the kitchen and shut the safety gate. They were whining and zelping.
Indie has gone to stay at boyfriends house and will be returning tomorrow. I am abit scared on what to do. I don't want indie going just anywhere but don't want the dogs fighting either. Can anyway steer me on what to do please

Chezd80
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Empty Re: Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning as owner doesn't want. Help

Post by Sazzle Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:04

Hi & Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help Empty Re: Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning as owner doesn't want. Help

Post by Sazzle Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:06

Hi and welcome from me and Daisy Smile I'm afraid I only have one so not much help, sure someone else may have ideas
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:11

Hi sazzle and daisy. I have been worrying all week. The owners ha put him on gum tree free to good home and a friend let me know about him. I ha to go get him. Even though he two now he still my baby lol. I just didn't want him getting picked up by the wrong person as he a big bully staffie. Tbh I do t know how bella produced such a huge dog.
Yeah hopefully someone can help Smile

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:14

Well I am glad you saved him from being given away on gum tree, who knows what would have happened to him Sad 
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:19

Welcome to the forum!

And I must congratulate you on taking back a puppy whose owners have let him down. So many breeders just renege on their responsibilities.

Can I just clarify? You have:-

Bailey, aged 6 - dad of Indie
Bella, aged 4 - mum of Indie
Indie, aged 2 - son of Bailey and Bella

Bailey accepts Indie, Bella doesn't.

Is this correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 08:30

Hi and welcome to the forum from me and the kids Smile

Well done on being responsible and recovering Indie from a potential disaster Smile
If you can get things sorted what are your long term aims , to keep Indie long term or to find her a good home ??
First step I would say is to take them both from the house and try to reintroduce on neutral ground . You say your boyfriend has her now so I assume he is more than willing to help out with the reintroduction ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sun Oct 13 2013, 10:16

Hi Lynda. Yes that's correct. They were fine while walking. Came home and brought him in. They were ok for 5 mins. Then bella warned him off. Put bailey and bella in the kitchen and indie and bella was having abit of a scrap through the gate

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sun Oct 13 2013, 10:28

Hi dave. My boyfriend has fell in love with him which is good and not so good at the same time. He stays at my home twice at week and would have to bring indie if he was to keep him long term. Which would be fantastic but i dont wan indie getting confused coming and going if tou know what i mean. I would have no problem taken indie an keeping him with me depending on how well they all are together. If I had a big enough place I would rehome a lot of dogs as my love for Staffies is big. But realisticly that's not the case lol. I am going to take out bella and bailey to meet indie again this afternoon. Bailey was a rescue dog, I got him when he was 18 month. Bella was bought as a present for my 4 children and has always been the boss. She lovely but if another dog barks at her she goes crazy. If it doesn't she will play and get along.

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 10:41

well you have to keep trying obviously , first thing has got to be some really long walks to tire them all out , maybe you could also try the scanted blanket trick so a blanket from Indie into mum's bed to get her used to the scent so she is not seen so much as a stranger when she comes to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 10:57

Hiya from me and Vinnie, sorry only have 1 so not much help, but sure you will sort something out:) 

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sun Oct 13 2013, 11:02

Hi Maria and vinnie Smile fingers and toes crossed Smile

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Oct 13 2013, 11:57

Hi and welcome to the orum from Rocky and me.

Do you have friend you trust well enough to take on the younger dog ? Would this be an option ?
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sun Oct 13 2013, 12:38

Hi Kathy and rocky, no one at the moment. When bella had pups. Which were not expected at all I found 5 friends to take them and got bailey done. As I didn't want bella having pups. Obviously people's circumstances change and indie owners had gen ones. I don't trust any of my other friends as they had dogs for a few months and got sick of there dogs. They are due to go on there walk together at 4. I have a cage at home so don't know wether to put it up incase of an emergency. There fine outside but not at home.

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Oct 13 2013, 15:47

hia from me and sasha Smile ,sorry i dont have any experiance on this but i hope things settle down with the 3 of them Smile 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 15:49

hi from me and the boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 17:20

I'd just keep trying top gradually increase the time Indie & Bella are together. Five minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes etc. If you notice any sort of negative body language, seperate them before anything happens.

I think in the long term you may have to find another home for Indie, but if you can get them to tolerate each other in the meantime then that's good.

Well done, by the way, for accepting responsibility & taking Indie back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Sun Oct 13 2013, 21:30

Hi, I hope things get better for you.
You are a responsible breeder - I wish there were more like you applause
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Sun Oct 13 2013, 22:27

Hi everyone.
Well I wana say thanks for all your support. They been fantastic. Bella is accepting him. When he goes near bailey she doesn't like it. Took them on a 3 hour walk together, even let them run free and they were brill. Brought them home and took them straight into back garden but I kept bella on her leash. Took them inside and they had 15 mins with no probs. so it's looking good. Glad they have took as I really don't want to just give him to anyone. I wouldn't sell him either as I just want a decent home. He part of my family as are all the pups. So thanks ppl I really appreciate it Smile

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 23:14

That's great news! Sounds like it's going the right way.

Keep up the good work and let us know how things are going. Have male age 6 and bitch age 4, there puppy age 2 is returning  as  owner doesn't want. Help 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 23:34

That sounds good. PLease do make sure, though, that you don't leave them alone together - the slightest bit of jealousy etc could end in tragedy if there's nobody there to step in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 04:51

Oh that's great news , it would be a kick in the teeth for you to make such a responsible effort and it not work out, once again big pat on the back for yourself for your fantastic attitude , if there were more people around like you in the world we wouldn't be having the problems we do now

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Mon Oct 14 2013, 08:00

Thanks. I helped those treasure to come
Into the world and all the hype of overbred Staffies. I think its a responsibility I have to step up to. And I wouldn't leave them alone. I couldn't risk that at all. I will be looking for a new home for him as I don't think my boyfriend realised what dogs are all about. He just sees my two twice a week and thinks they just sleep. I have tried to upload a pic of them but don't think it's went
On. Thanks again for support Smile

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Oct 14 2013, 09:17

Hi and welcome from Rocky and I Smile Well done for being so responsible! All the best x
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Mon Oct 14 2013, 16:15

Hi and welcome to the forum from me and the zoo Smile xx
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Knox (RIP baby boy <3)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 17:18

Good luck, and when you find him a good home, tell the new owner to join us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezd80 Mon Oct 14 2013, 18:29

Smile hi. And I will do.

Chezd80

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Mon Oct 14 2013, 20:00

Well done for taking him back when my gsds had pups all went to good homes and 9yrs later I never expected to take back a pup plus his son but I did and 3 male gsds in the house was a lot to deal with soifully understand where you are coming from (mum had passed away ) I did rehome the son as he kept causing problems but kept my original boy and his grandson. Unfortunately both dad and grandson have passed due to cancer and bloat but the son is still just about on his feet at a great age of 13 Smile))

Good luck in finding a home or settling him in all my baby's stayed my baby's just like your boy has with you I just wish more breeders including kc reg ones were more willing to take on the responsibility of the pups they breed maybe there would be less in rescue (I know you can't always keep track but I made it a part of their contract any probs phone my number which is still the same 17 yrs later)
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down