Help please!!

3 posters

Go down

Thumbsup Help please!!

Post by Lozzah.Xena26 Tue Sep 24 2013, 14:13

Hi everyone!
I have a 15 month old bitch whos just finished her 2nd season, she had a phantom pregnancy with the first. My plan is either to spay her before the 3rd or breed her at the 4th season depending on her having another phamton pregnancy.
Basically she is being very lazy, not playing with her toys as much, and literrally following me everywhere or sitting on me? She's always been a bit clingy but not this much?
She has a half hour walk and 20 min fetch session on our local park where i let her off to play. I do both everyday, Is this enough exercise?

So im unsure if shes mopey cause shes just finished a season a week ago or somethings wrong? Shes been vets and is healthy?

Thankyou for reading
Lozzah.Xena26
Lozzah.Xena26
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Xena
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Thumbsup Re: Help please!!

Post by Maria90 Tue Sep 24 2013, 14:26

Hi Smile

Unfortunately I have never had a bitch, so wouldn't know if this might have something to do with it, but im sure someone more experienced will be along shortly.

In regards to the amount of exercise, they should be getting 5 minutes per month of age, as well as off lead play, 3 times a day, staffies are very active, and require a good amount of exercise to keep them active and wear out the energy they have.

I have also moved your post from the Gallery section to the Chat section as it will get more views here Smile
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24 2013, 14:35

I reckon she is still a bit hormonal poor girl. If the Vet says she is healthy it is more than likely her hormones biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24 2013, 15:27

Don't know much about seasons as I have never had a bitch, but I think perhaps more exercise definitely. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Sep 24 2013, 15:45

Laska was alot more mopey and clingy after her second season than she was on her first. probably alot more hormones flowing through the system this time around.
Spaying is your best course of action as breeding will do nothing for the future, she'll still get mopey after each season.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24 2013, 16:57

She may be a bit hormonal, but I would definitely increase her exercise. At a year old she could be getting 40 minutes, three times a day!

May I ask why you want to breed from her? That isn't a rude question, by the way, just interested about the reasons!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24 2013, 18:03

Phantoms don't mean she wants to be pregnant, breeding won't stop phantom pregnancies but spaying will. If you breed her once, she is more likely to have phantom pregnancies so youll have to spay her eventually anyway and there will be yet more staffy pups in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24 2013, 18:04

Also a 1yo staff should be getting a lot more exercise than that, at least 3 walks a day of 45mins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum