Nathan
Sazzle
stella
Jenjuju
8 posters

Go down

Crying Floss

Post by Jenjuju Wed Aug 21 2013, 17:01

Thank you to sazzle for sending me over to this topic had not seen it and honestly very much needed a place to speak about her..

Floss came to our home when she was six months old a scared little thing that my dad took from a building site that he was working on because the owner like to give her a few kicks just because he could I will always adore my dad for rescuing her she was mainly white with a few black patches and eyes that just soaked into you I was just a small kid when she arrived my mum was really unsure about having a dog but my dad sold it to her on the basis that we would have a protector in her as the village I'm from many of the houses had been broken into so dad brought her home and she was scared of everything and we had a running joke that floss would just let the burglars in and have them rub her belly for reassurance everyone quickly fell in love with her but to me she became my best friend and confidante I told her everything see I was a very shy kid and had trouble making friends and when I met her I just knew that I'd found my best friend and so did everyone else she very quickly became my world hours of sitting and telling her my day my troubles and my secrets to which she kept them all Smile 

she was a very beautiful very Loveling and when it did come to it a dog who protected our family she was absolutely my everything. then came the time for me to move from home for college and I said my goodbyes to my family and then took Floss for a walk to say the hardest goodbye to her. I made it home as much as I could to see her always feeling guilty that I had left her but she was always just so happy to see me and gave me the most love. eventually I moved back home for a year after college and got to spent so much time with her while searching for a job when one came up and I had to move again it nearly broke me so I was determined to afford a place with a big garden so she could finally move with me but it wasn't very affordable and again it had to wait and this is what really gets me on hard days when it was finally time for me to have her with me my family and I where so chuffed I was worried about the change for her after so long but just knew she would adjust and be happy to be with me. we were waiting for the right place when my mum rang me to say she hadn't been eating and that maybe I should come home for awhile so I did and we found a little lump on her and so we went to the vet and the worst day of my life happened we got told she had cancer she was 15years old and I never imagined her dying it just never crossed my mind all of a sudden I had to deal with the fact that the vet was telling me she was to far gone to help her and I couldn't believe it because the she was so fine up until my mum had rang like she was just her normal self

the vet then asked me to make a decision leave her ride it out with pain killers and hope it took her quickly or put her to sleep with me there holding her it was the hardest thing I ever done but holding my baby and kissing her goodbye it was the fairest thing I could do for her after all the years of love she gave me but it just broke my heart I took her home and my dad and sister helped me bury her I honestly felt like just lying down with her and never getting up my dad build a grave stone around her and a couple of days later we place a plaque with her name on it there and it has been over two years now and I still cry if she's talked about at home I had nightmare for the longest time afterwards and sometime still do and people have told me to cop on but they will never understand what she was to me my best friend and her loss had a profound affect on me I loved her dearly and will never forget her

so to you flossy baby I hope I did right by you cause you always did by me.. love you always <3

(also sorry its a tad long)
Jenjuju
Jenjuju
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nellie
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Floss

Post by stella Wed Aug 21 2013, 17:36

Rip floss you gorgeous girl,run free x
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 17:54

Aww jen thanks for sharing floss's wonderful heartfelt life with us, Run free at rainbow bridge floss rip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 18:17

I just read that and I'm typing through the tears , don't mind admitting I'm a big soft lump and that was so close to my heart , I can feel the warmth of Tilly as I type curled up round my back and Tommy keeping my toes warm

Thankyou for sharing this and RIP Floss Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 18:36

RIP Floss you gorgeous girl, run free at the bridge xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:06

Thank you for sharing a wonderful tribute to Floss Floss 3198918699 

Run free at Rainbow Bridge Floss xxx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:06

Tears here also, R.I.P Floss have fun at rainbow bridge xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:18

Bless your heart Floss, Jen will never forget you. You live on in her heart and at Rainbow Bridge. xxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Aug 21 2013, 21:00

Soft git here too, I dont cry at much but dogs get me all the time and that just made tugged at my heart so much.
Bless you floss for bringing so much happiness to your humans. Run free little one x
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenjuju Wed Aug 21 2013, 21:15

Guys thank you so much for all the kind words it really means a lot to get it out there so thanks for the comments Smile 
Jenjuju
Jenjuju

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nellie
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Aug 21 2013, 21:35

My heart is broken for you. What a great one floss was! I am a complete sop when it comes to good stories like this one. Our fur babies are so precious. RIP Floss.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Thu Aug 22 2013, 09:54

I can so relate to your post. It will not seem like much comfort but your choice was the best. After all they mean to us, letting them suffer would be a cop out on our part.
Your pain is very real and some days will be harder than others but it will get better. Floss 3198918699 
R.I.P Floss. And please tell Tim his mommy has not forgotten.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Thu Aug 22 2013, 12:15

Run free Floss, what a beautiful life you gave her, and she obviously gave you so much more in return. RIP Floss 3198918699 Floss 3198918699
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down