JOCK TURNING AGGRESSIVE

2 posters

Go down

JOCK TURNING AGGRESSIVE Empty JOCK TURNING AGGRESSIVE

Post by bailey007 Wed Aug 21 2013, 11:10

Hi i have a male staffy hes 2 1/2 years old. he's always been a little rough and a bit dog aggressive like a bullie. he's always loved being stroked and chest being scratched and rubbed by myself and my mother.but over the last month he's started to turn show his teeth growl and trying to bite. more so on my mother.but went for us both this morning. by his body language when turning its feels and looks like its only going to be a matter of time. before he bites propaley. any advice would good cos dont know what to do.thankyou

bailey007
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : JOCK
Dog Gender(s) : MALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

JOCK TURNING AGGRESSIVE Empty Re: JOCK TURNING AGGRESSIVE

Post by Sazzle Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:33

Personally I woukld take him to the vets for a check up as he could be feeling unwell/in pain, causing the growling when you touch him?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:59

Definitely take him to the vets if it's out of the blue. It could be something as simple as a toothache, which has been known to upset a dog's temperament. It may also be a hormone imbalance or it could be neurological - either way, it's best to take him for a check-up to rule these things out.

What sort of behaviour does he display before, during and after? Are there any patterns?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 14:47

when are you petting him? is it when he is resting or does he come to you looking attention

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 17:07

Please take him to the Vet , dogs don't just turn aggressive , it sounds like he's warning you because he is not happy about something , the sooner he is fixed the sooner he can be back to normal Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey007 Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:29

hi hes not in any pain iam sure of that.i understand what you mean in saying that. but its different its like something is snaping in his head when you pet him.he does not do it all the time.

bailey007

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 21:02

Even if he isn't in pain, it may still be neurological. It happens more often that people think and a lot of ailments can be overcome if the dog is checked by a vet as soon as possible. Smile Seriously, it's worth a trip to the vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey007 Wed Aug 21 2013, 21:39

Problem with jock also is he hates vets always has done he won't let them touch him.

bailey007

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21 2013, 22:06

Believe me, I know what it's like to have a dog who's scared of vets! Not nice at all! And I know it's not nice to have to put your dog through something that's going to scare him, but vets are sadly a part of pet ownership. It's a pain in the neck, but it's something every owner is going to need to deal with at some point. It's better to be safe than sorry. Smile

Vets have seen it before, so they'll understand that a lot of animals just don't like it. If necessary, they can use cloth muzzles to ensure the safety of everybody involved, but if there's a chance that there is a health issue with your dog, it does need to be seen to. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 08:47

Definitely take him the vet, darcy loves the vets until she has to get on the table then she hates it, but we go at the drop of a hat if we think something is wrong Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down