9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained!

5 posters

Go down

9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained! Empty 9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained!

Post by asa-james Sat Aug 10 2013, 17:47

never, ever, ever buy a vw, audi, seat or skoda. what a complete shambles they are, riddled with design and manufacturing flaws. over priced, overengineered pieces of utter crap. an entire day i had planned to go walking with the hound wasted trying to sort something out, and i'm no closer now than i was this morning. theres a 36 year old MG midget sat on the ramp next to it that i'd have more faith and trust in.

diabolical.

/end/
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained! Empty Re: 9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained!

Post by Steve Sat Aug 10 2013, 17:48

not good Sad i dont think i will ever drive

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained! Empty Re: 9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained!

Post by janey Sat Aug 10 2013, 17:49

Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 17:51

Sad I hate being without a car!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 18:41

I couldn't get out without my car Sad sounds like an awful day for you Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Aug 10 2013, 19:48

the only upside is it isnt my car, my 24 year old rot box still starts first time every day.
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 20:45

So sorry you've been having troubles with a car Asa, nothing is more frustrating. banghead 

Cars are a money-pit - and a time-pit.

I do agree that many cars are over-engineered these days, thank heavens I have simple A to B job, even if I have to fold back the wing mirrors manually and it doesn't stall automatically when stopped for 0.2 seconds.

Good luck Asa

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Aug 10 2013, 20:47

after some digging about, i've been offered an idea for tomorrow, turns out VW have designed a part (which on your average car blocks up after around 30 years, if it ever does) with a fine mesh inside, and chances are the mesh is clogged. the car is 6 years old.
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10 2013, 21:08

You've lost me Asa. Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Aug 10 2013, 22:17

I can remember my brother saying to me when I bought my first car "You'll never have any money now" how right was he, very
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Aug 10 2013, 22:34

Lynda wrote:You've lost me Asa.  Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter?
close, its looking like the heater matrix has blocked up. all this after sorting the EGR cooler out, but that was a bugger to get as i had to remove the inlet manifold for one bolt to clear the turbo actuator.

have i lost anyne else...? Laughing 
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Aug 10 2013, 22:40

Yep but I feel your pain Laughing 
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Fri Aug 23 2013, 01:07

I know first hand how frustrating they are, 10 years on the spanners and they are the only vehicle I detest working on, yet I still love them, had 2 Polo's, 3 golfs, an A3 and an A4 estate.

I had an Ibiza come in a couple of year ago showing signs of a blown headgasket, overheating, missing, numerous lights on dash including ABS, lambda faults on diagnostics etc. Determined the head gasket was fine and proceeded to try thermostat, water pump, lambda sensors, removing cat etc and came to a dead end with it. After 3 days of messing around with it I noticed the brake lights weren't working, so I changed the bulbs........It fixed all the above problems instantly, seriously, I'm not making this up, I even removed the bulbs again to make sure and the problems all came back. They're ridiculously complicated.

Edit-This also happens on mk3-4 Clio when the brake light switch packs in
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24 2013, 00:01

That is ridiculous!

I'm old enough to remember owning and driving many, many cars - straight 4 engines which even I, a mere female, could maintain on a weekly basis (and you had to in those days!). Not to mention bodywork falling to rust under your very eyes.

I wouldn't go back to those days for a gold clock and am so glad to own a modern car which I don't lift the bonnet on - ever! I leave all that sort of stuff to the lovely guys who do my yearly service.

But if, heavens forbid, the whole thing packs up completely, I shall now know what to do, thanks to you Dave. i.e. replace the brake light bulbs.

Incredible.

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sat Aug 24 2013, 11:34

In 10 years the brake light fix is something I've only ever come across twice, and it still amazes me that something so simple and completely unrelated to the engine can cause so many problems. Apparently it's to do with the brake lights being linked to the ABS module, which is in turn linked to the engines ECU so when the braking system develops a fault the whole car goes scatty.

Simple things are becoming very complicated because of the amount of technology, these things are great when they're working but once there's a problem they're a complete nightmare.

I've seen a few people knacker their cars lighting system by putting jump leads on after a battery has gone flat. Often ending up in a trip to the dealership.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
9 hours at work for no pay and sweet FA gained! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down