What does your staffie's voice sound like?

+7
sooz225
Nosipho
gem
barneynlynn
youngkaiser
janey
Ernestine
11 posters

Go down

What does your staffie's voice sound like? Empty What does your staffie's voice sound like?

Post by Ernestine Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:05

Duke sounds hoarse. He's not coughing, and he's super chirpy, so I don't think he's ill. But to be honest, I've never heard a staffie bark, so I don't know what they sound like! He's kind of squeaky. Is that right? Sorry for the silly question!!
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What does your staffie's voice sound like? Empty Re: What does your staffie's voice sound like?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:15

For his size harvey has a really deep bark and growl Smile

Back to top Go down

What does your staffie's voice sound like? Empty Re: What does your staffie's voice sound like?

Post by janey Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:51

Bark/Growl/Grunt/Snort/Squeak/Snore.......it goes on, she's rather vocal!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:56

Cairo doesnt really do a normal bark.It sounds more like a half harted grump lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 21:02

woody's is pathetic most of the time - a loud whine or squeak. when he barks he's really deep but doesnt do it much

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:07

Kaiser is like a yap dead high pitched he never barks just crys and yaps only time he ever barks is if you wont give him his ball then its a proper deep one
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:30

Saxon has barked once or twice and has a really big bark for his size. Other than that he grumbles, snorts, whimpers, and makes hyena noises.

Back to top Go down

Post by barneynlynn Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:43

Barney has got quite a deep bark and growl... he's such a sooky dog he looks daft when he barks and growls..
Laughing
barneynlynn
barneynlynn
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:57

Holly is very lady like and its a happy bark. Duke sounds like a bullmastiff so deep and loud
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 01:40

Oh..........*stomps feet* I want a doggy who does'nt bark too. *throws self onto floor in full-on tanty* Laughing rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Roxy barks quite often at the moment doh which i'm trying to STOP.
She has different barks for different situations.....barking at the cat, the mop, noises she can hear, the pool floats, sitting at the door seeking attention (which she gets PLENTY of by the way) etc.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 08:06

Blue just barks mainly when someone knocks on the door. But I've just taught him the speak command......just gotta teach the shhhh one now Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue Apr 12 2011, 10:01

Oh those are so funny! I don't feel so bad any more. On Duke's walk last night we passed a house and something sounded like a jack russell started barking at Duke. Well for his "ferocious" lookingness, all that came out was the squeaky grunty thing. I was rather embarrassed so we just hurried by! Laughing
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Apr 12 2011, 10:43

When my girls do bark it goes right through you, its really shrill and loud. but otherwise they just make stupid grumbling, screeching and strangled noises. Like a cat being hung...
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Tue Apr 12 2011, 12:28

jakes voice hasn't broken yet, as you will see in the video corner, wee yappy git lol, his growl is dead funny though. I heard molly's bark for the first time the other day when we were out playing, i was holding half a tree and she barked to get it, i let go in fright, god her bark is really deep lol, am used to it now but totally wasn;t expecting that from a pensioner!!!
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your staffie's voice sound like? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Apr 12 2011, 12:35

Hollie always has a really happy bark when i'm preparing her food, she goes on n on n on until her food is put in front of her Laughing
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue Apr 12 2011, 13:17

Nosipho wrote:When my girls do bark it goes right through you, its really shrill and loud. but otherwise they just make stupid grumbling, screeching and strangled noises. Like a cat being hung...

Yup. That's Duke too Smile
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 12 2011, 16:25

Nosipho wrote:When my girls do bark it goes right through you, its really shrill and loud. but otherwise they just make stupid grumbling, screeching and strangled noises. Like a cat being hung...

Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 18:15

Ernestine wrote:Oh those are so funny! I don't feel so bad any more. On Duke's walk last night we passed a house and something sounded like a jack russell started barking at Duke. Well for his "ferocious" lookingness, all that came out was the squeaky grunty thing. I was rather embarrassed so we just hurried by! Laughing

same here!!! funny thing is the owners always look horrified at your staff and then realise its theirs making the noise and suddenly look all sheepish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Apr 13 2011, 13:31

Ty barks like a big girl like a yap he does scare me when he does a deep 1 but thats not often only when he thinks there is someone outside.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JessAndLottie Wed Apr 13 2011, 15:09

Lottie can be vocal at times and has: whining for food which is a noise that doesn't suit her, like a weird deep squeak if that makes sense: her rare bark which is very very rare which has been at a man carrying eggs ( confused ) which is quite loud and gritty, more like a male staff: her dream barking which she does a lot is the typical "woo woo woo" noise: her "somebodies here" bark which she doesn't do anymore is like a breathy "wuff", you can't hear it unless you're in the room with her: her growls are - play growl which is bubbly and almost high pitch: her rage growl at another dog (in certain situations) which is almost a choking/coughing sound: and her insecurity growl, usually if a dog is sniffing her face or back end for too long which is a pretty normal "grrrr" growl!

She also grunts and snorts in the stafford fashion and makes gentle "ehh" noises under her breath which grow very loud if you tip her head up! She has quite the library Big Grin
JessAndLottie
JessAndLottie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lottie
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Apr 16 2011, 00:37

Nitro hardly ever barked it started when he was blind it was kind of mid range but Harley has a deep VERY LOUD bark- my ears certainly know about it lol.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your staffie's voice sound like? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down