So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler

2 posters

Go down

So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler  Empty So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler

Post by jshrew Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:45

Just been for a quick walk round the park and as we got to the underpass I could see a group of 4 adults a couple of kids and 3 off lead dogs coming the other way none familiar so I started to move off the path to give them a wide birth around the couple of trees, then I hear 'Bailey NO!' and see the rotty running full pelt towards us straight eye contact face to face with Ledger luckily not trying to bite. No I'm not the tallest so having hold of Ledger by his lead and collar didn't give me much distance when I also grabbed the rottys collar and pushed it back. At which point a bloke arrived and pulled it away but thankfully I kept hold of Ledger as their little terrier thing then came right up jumping at me again not aggressive but definitely too close for comfort seeing as Ledger had just been put right on edge by the rotty. Well they all apologised and taking it as one of those things and dogs all now on leads we walked off in our separate directions.

Well I get the other side of the underpass and again hear 'Bailey NO!' and turn to see rotty running right back at us full pelt with bloke about 50m away beind it, guess it was instinct but I tried to get Ledger behind me as the rotty tried to circle me it was just like he wanted to goad Ledger one push from me to the rotty and it just came back at which point Ledger started snarling (ive never heard him like that before) I was about to kick out at it when the bloke took it in a bear hug around the neck and pulled it away

I might not have been the most polite with my response to the bloke (6ft stocky shaved head tattoos and wife beater vest etc) must have had an effect as he scuttled off without replying and as I saw them again on the loop round all dogs were on leads

There was a group of teenagers sat nearby who asked if we were both ok which thankfully we were its just now back at home when you start thinking of the what ifs think I'm more * off that it's upset what had been a really good day with Ledger behaving wonderfully at the dog show which was a new place to visit and also to be in close proximity to lots of new dogs and spend most of the day standing around waiting.
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler  Empty Re: So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:51

Aww no that's so unfair, I'm so glad it wasn't worse but can imagine you were both very shaken up, try not to let it spoil your lovely day. Have some special snuggle/treat time with ledger for being such a good boy Smile

Back to top Go down

So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler  Empty Re: So very nearly just kicked a Rottweiler

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:51

It's obvious that the rotty can be funny with dogs by the way in which he chased after him, so no excuses for not putting him at least on a long line. Annoys me when other people who know their dogs don't listen to them one bit still allow them that freedom.
At least you are both alright

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:59

pleased he's ok and no harm done in the end , 1 mistake is forgiveable , 2 are inexcusable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 20:24

Glad you and Ledger are ok. It is so bloody annoying I wont even get started as I wont shut up! angry 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23 2013, 20:27

I hope you and Ledger have recovered your nerves from this display of bad doggy (and owner) manners, Jules.

Isn't it nice that a group of teenagers showed concern and support for you, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 23 2013, 20:31

Sorry just read this, I know full well what can happen so I am pleased all turned out ok for you all and I hope you never meet them again, as I am sure they won't learn by it ...........
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down