Will it be ok?

2 posters

Go down

Will it be ok? Empty Will it be ok?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 10:43

Ok so, saturday i was in hospital hooked up to machines because i couldnt breath properly .. they had me on machines to check my heart and my bp and THANK GOD nothing is wrong with my heart .. However, i am still suffering from breathlessness due to a bad chest infection mixed with gastro oseuphogus reflux (or however it is spelt) Which means untill i am well enough i cant really take vinnie out for walks because i cant catch my breath
SO d'ya guys think that he will be ok for the momment to just go mental around the garden while i recover, he is only 8months old so all that puppy energy comes out when hes going loopy loo around the garden lol.
I would get my step dad or mom to take him out but they both work practically all day and by the time they come in its pitch black (and vinnie doesnt do pitch black) haha. So apart from wkends when they can take him because they are not working garden may have to do for a few days, im hoping my trip to the gp will give me some stronger meds to make this dissapear quickly!

Back to top Go down

Will it be ok? Empty Re: Will it be ok?

Post by darkonarco Mon Apr 04 2011, 11:41

Awww sorry to here you are feeling unwell, I hope you get better soon Wink

I have narcolepsy and cataplexy so sometimes I'm too ill to venture on a long walk with Naz, so I bought him a Boomer Ball from Ebay.

He loves this ball and gets lots of fun and exercise from it. I also keep a burst old leather football which he chews out his frustration whiles his playing with his Boomer as it's indestructible!!

I also have a dog bubble making machine which makes bacon flavour bubbles and he loves chasing them around the garden. He has loads of indoor nylah bones, balls, and things we can play together which aren't too taxing on my energy and he is happy to do either.

Staffies are really good on picking up on things, and I'm sure he won't mind a few days having lots of snuggles.
I suffer with seizures quite often and Naz will know before I do that I'm going to fit and rushes near me and sits on my knee until I'm okay again. Staffies are unique and as long as they are loved and cared for; a few missed walks won't damage him.
As long as your dog can release his energy in other ways and has entertainment he will be fine while you are feeling yucky. Wink Wink

I am dyslexic so excuse the mistakes if I have missed any Wink lol

Takecare
darkonarco
darkonarco
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Naz
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 0

https://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h424/darkonarco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 11:52

No problem at all. You just concentrate on getting yourself better!

At his age it's probably more important to keep his mind active, so a few training sessions will go well I should think!

Hope you're up and about again really soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 12:14

Get better soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 13:19

mixed with gastro oseuphogus reflux

My husband has this, he has it checked once a year at the hospital and has to be careful what he eats. he was on very strong antibiotics for about 3 weeks to kill off any bacteria, he is fine now just tales the occasional tablet if he needs it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 13:46

Thanks guys! Smile .. yeea thats the one! lynne horrible enit :S .. good to hear that it gets better tho! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 04 2011, 13:47

I've never heard of what your suffering from but get well soon, as Caryll said simple training games will keep him active and lots of garden games too. If you where overly worried you could get a dog walker in a couple times a week but I think he will be able to amuse him self in the garden. Think of getting yourself better!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 13:52

basically its the acid in your stomach etc been able to get up into the larynx which effects you in differant ways, which with me its been a horrible burning in my chest and back aswell as loss of breath and an annoying dry cough.
Thanks janey =) .. Yhh i will deffo entertain him while his stuck in the house poor lil thing lol but he enjoys running round our garden alot so bonus there! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum