popcorn

3 posters

Go down

popcorn Empty popcorn

Post by kelbelle Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:31

ok... so long story short, a few months back we found xoody with his face in the popcorn bowl, eating it like crazy. we took it off him as it was naughty being up on the human table...
the popcorn wasnt buttered but it had a bit of sea salt on it...
he seemed ok and i was so i googled it and it came up that unsalted and unbuttered pop corn is fine to use as a treat.
so anyway we were making popcorn again and we hadnt salted it yet. and he was sitting there barking excitedly... like out of control. so i tried him on some tricks with it. he is a very smart boy and knows many tricks but is usually a bit slow at performing with most treats... but he was willing to do ANYTHING and i mean anything for the popcorn. we were stuggling with roll over as he would kind of stop half way but with the popcorn he was like he was CRAZY!!! and so eager to please. barking and telling us "one more... one more"

well my question is do other members think popcorn is an ok treat to use sometimes? or is it really bad... i worry he will choke on it. but he loves it so much so if he cant have it then we cant have it in the house just in case (better to be safe than sorry) but seriously i have never seen a dog so excited before in my life!!!!!!!!!
kelbelle
kelbelle
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Xoodoxx, Olearia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

popcorn Empty Re: popcorn

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:35

Laughing Never tried it with Blue
But my cat used to eat a bowl to itself and was always fine. But to be honest my eldest cat is a bit strange. Her favorite snack is salt & vinigear crisps. One's that are so strong they make my face squint Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:40

Molly loves popcorn! When we make it for ourselves, she usually gets some as well.
So long as she doesn't have too much we don't worry.
I always find it good to vary the treats used, some dogs, especially Molly I've found, get bored of the same treat over and over.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kelbelle Mon Apr 04 2011, 08:42

bahaha!!! thats hillarious! i hate salt and vinegar!!! the smallest amount makes my face squint!!!
we had a cat that loved broccoli once... no matter what we did he would end up on the table eating the visitors brocolli!!! it was so embarrasing!!!!! but then again he wasfound as an dumped kitten out the back of my dads work and was extremely strange!!!

what do you give blue for treats?
kelbelle
kelbelle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 14:43

Haven't tried it with Saxon, but my cat, Bowie, loves popcorn. I would think the kernels might get stuck in the back of the tongue/throat, like it sometimes does when I eat it, but it never seemed to happen for Bowie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04 2011, 15:00

Cairo loves popcorn lol.I dont see the harm in a human treat once in a while Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq505 Mon Apr 04 2011, 18:32

popcorn=love for my four! the kettle corn type is the best so they tell me..hahaha
suzyq505
suzyq505
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Emma, Fritz, Tulip, Bean
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kelbelle Tue Apr 05 2011, 05:46

well that puts my mind at rest thanks guys Smile i think as long as we make sure each one is popped propelly we should be good. and he does chew them properlly lol! its quite funyy to watch him chewing on it until its all crunched up. he looks like he is chewing gum
kelbelle
kelbelle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05 2011, 13:51

Lisa & Cairo wrote:Cairo loves popcorn lol.I dont see the harm in a human treat once in a while Tongues
Me too! once in a while wont hurt Smile

Never given Vinnie popcorn puerly because i dont like it so never have any in haha .. he goes MENTAL for tuna tho haha, 1 sniff of tuna and he does laps around the kitchen! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum