Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t'

+3
Kathy
StuW
Mrs McFisher
7 posters

Go down

Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t' Empty Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t'

Post by Mrs McFisher Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:11

I have read about other peoples pooches on here suddenly going off the rails, and misbehaving...well, its our turn now...Louby is being a right little b*gger...she messed in the house while we were out at work on thursday, thats fine, she doesnt normally so she must have been desperate. However, later that night, she then pood again in the living room, and as i was stood there, she weed.. the door is always open to the garden, but if it isnt she normally stands by the door and we let her out straightaway. She then toileted the next day while we were in, again.

She has also got very vocal, not just barking in our face (which is very rude), but making really gutteral noises, and sounding like Chewbacca...she does this sometimes anyway, but it is now constant over the last week or so...and right in our faces. We dont feel threatened by her doing this, its just REALLY annoying.

Nothing has changed in her daily routine, apart from 3 weeks ago we started leaving her out of her crate through the day while we were at work, and up until last week, she was almost perfect, no toileting or anything...the odd paper shredding, but thats our fault for leaving it out.

She turned one last month, and from what i've seen on here, she is just going through 'a phase', and being an adolescent?
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t' Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t' Empty Re: Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t'

Post by StuW Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:13

She's testing the boundaries to see how far she can push you! Back to basics with the training and let her know its not on Big Grin
StuW
StuW
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t' Empty Re: Now affectionately known as 'the little sh*t'

Post by Kathy Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:15

For the toilet training maybe try going back to basics for a while, leave the door closed so she has to let you know she wants to go out, let her out every half an hour or so. Lots of priase when she does her toilet outside.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:23

It does seem like they go through the odd phase where as most say they test the boundaries, great advice given above! I'm sure she will get back into the swing of things. Consistency is the key as I've learned Smile Good luck!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:25

Its just very frustrating when you think you have cracked it...

She's never really been the 'best behaved', very boisterous and feisty (im being polite here), but her toilet has always been very good. Which i why when she first did it, we didnt say or do anything (apart from clean it up, obvs)...

I think we need to start again with her, trying to teach her manners, 'try' to get her to be invited on to the sofa rather than her helping herself...when she is making the noises in our face, she wont get down off the sofa, we do the whole standing up again and ignoring her, and she just claws at our backs...we really do have our hands full with her. My husband isnt best pleased with her at the best of times, apart from when shes asleep, so she isnt helping in the 'lets please daddy' stakes...

I love her more than anything, and will always stick up for her and make excuses for her, but shes taking it abit too far now...
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:36

Aww louby is just pushing boundaries, I'm sure with patience & persistence & bk to basics she'll return to her routine Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jun 17 2013, 19:54

I'm sure it is just a phase, pushing the boundaries, keep up with the training Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Jun 17 2013, 21:51

it gets better mate, especially the toilet training. dont look at it like when your training a pup as it will get better much quicker so dont dispair. they are lil buggers and suddenly forget everything they have been taught.
they go through life stages and your not far from stability and consistancy
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:44

Shes just being naughty, treat her like a baby if she wants to act like one! Back to basics and break everything down into lots of little steps for her. Let her know its nto on and if shes getting herself in a wild state then shut her out the room for a coupleof minutes particularly if she is barking and scrabbling at you.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Tue Jun 18 2013, 11:06

Thank you for replying and your advice.
We have maybe linked it to her Kong, we got her the black rubber one, and she LOVES it, she keeps in her mouth all the time, and it seems to make her so much more boisterous. When we take it off her she does seem to settle down. I took it off her so i could fill it with goodies to freeze for the following day. x
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum