cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!!

+6
Maria90
pag
Nathan
Sazzle
MrMilo
katie.lm761
10 posters

Go down

cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!! Empty cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!!

Post by katie.lm761 Sat Jun 15 2013, 22:57

Oky so ive just had the rspca at my dooor. Someone has reported me to them saying my pooch is in an amiciated condition and isleft outside for long periods of time. Well the asked loads of questions. Sapphy loves being outside expesh with weather being nice she has fresh water and food the amount shes allowed each day she has a bed outside toys chews stag bars its like doggy playground out thier. We leave the back door open so she can come and go as she pleases she goes out first thing in the morning and wont come in untill dark if we fetch her in and its still light shes at the door scratching and barking to go back out she loves it. We obs dont leave her out in cold and rain but sunny weather loves it. Well they come and they said theyd never seen a better looking staffy shes in good condition exerlant diet good coat happy hyper lovely dog they said i needed to get her spayed but i told thwm i was waiting untill shes had her first season they was fine with this shes nearly 8month. They said to try and keep barking to a minimum well i cant help my dog barking when other dogs bark its communication is it not. Do you think they will now keep checking up on us or not?

katie.lm761
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sapphir
Dog(s) Ages : 5month
Dog Gender(s) : bitch female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!! Empty Re: cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!!

Post by katie.lm761 Sat Jun 15 2013, 22:59

She lays in the sun and sunbathes she also has her daily 2 walks. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!! Empty Re: cant believe who ive just had at my dooorrr!!!!

Post by MrMilo Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:03

Staffys love laying out in the sun as do most dogs! As long as the dog is healthy and happy which the RSPCA have seen that she is then i can't see them going over again Smile As for the barking I'm not sure how you can curb the amount she barks Smile
MrMilo
MrMilo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 19 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:04

Not sure, sounds like they were happy though.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:05

We have funny people who live across road thiers worse dogs on our street. I just dont think they like us.

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:10

Trying to cause trouble maybe?
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:16

they may well follow up with a health visit but as far as barking goes its nothing to do with the RSPCA. as long as the dog is healthy they wont bother you. they also have no lawful duristriction to enter your house unless a police officer is present with a warrent. you have every right to refuse entry should you wish, if you have a happy healthy dog though it will go in your favour as proof if you let them see the dog as such but you are under no obligation at all to let them into your house. they are just a charity so dont let uniforms and non legal forms phase you.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15 2013, 23:42

The barking won't concern the RSPCA. BUT. If she does do an excessive amount of barking you might get the council on your back!

You probably need to teach her the "quiet" command so that if you hear her barking you can stop her.

As far as the RSPCA are concerned, if they were happy with her condition etc they won't be back - there's no reason for them to!thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 00:11

I had them at me door once cause my dog stole milk. Yes, the SPCA were asking me if my dog was a theif. Mum laughed, told them my dog is not loose and they said okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 00:31

What's her being unspade got to do with them?

I hate the RSPCA with a passion but glad it went ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 00:43

ella wrote:

I hate the RSPCA with a passion

Same.

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Jun 16 2013, 01:26

She only barks when other dogs do and when her doggy friend next door is out. And saying that with her not being spayed she may get unwanted attention in yard when in season. Yada yada. Like i would leave her un attended when in season.

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 01:57

If possible can you get a doggy door? Some dogs do just prefere outside. I had a lab ret who refused to come into the house, no matter what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 08:37

Some people are just too much of a busybody for their own good , as long as she is supervised in the garden (only in there when you are about ) should be fine , is your garden secure and not looking out onto any public rights of way ?? Only thing I would be worried about if someone has the opportunity to grab her

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Sun Jun 16 2013, 09:40

Always good to get one in the eye for trouble makers...{{{ sigh}}} nosey beggars
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:14

Shes only outbin garden when were in never left outbon her own. And its on the frint yard so next to road hard to explaine as our back yard is right next to park. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:32

Wow, can't believe someone would call RSPCA for no reasons. That is horrible, Rocky also loves being outside, in the sun, running around, I think its much better for them than being cooped up all day! Wouldn't worry about it at all, you know best that you take excellent care of you girl and that's all that matters! Trouble makers will never make peace
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:39

katie.lm761 wrote:Shes only outbin garden when were in never left outbon her own. And its on the frint yard so next to road hard to explaine as our back yard is right next to park. X

As long as you are sure she can't be snatched then don't worry about the neighbours Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:42

I guess it's nice to have neighbours that are concerned about your dogs welfare, but this can go a bit too far sometimes and the sticky beaks should keep them out.

In my experieince the RSPCA are quite useless tbh.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sun Jun 16 2013, 13:24

Glad it all went well had a few people comment that Ledger was thin, he is fine as the vet said people have just got used to seeing 'fat' dogs, as others have said if they have reported barking then you may also get a council visit so worth training the quiet command (ironically by teaching to bark on command first Wink ) even if just to show of if they do come out to assess it lol
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.lm761 Sun Jun 16 2013, 14:22

As i said before she dosnt just sit and bark for fun she only does it when saying hello to bently next door. X

katie.lm761

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemystaffies Sun Jun 16 2013, 18:01

Sorry you had bad experience and hopefully they wont come again but cannot agree with others that RSPCA are totally rubbish. We have needed to call them out for poorly horses left in local fields and they've acted very appropriately. We also had Madge from an RSPCA centre and they did it all correctly with regard to rehoming. Maybe this is another topic but I'd appreciate Caryl's advice on the "quiet" training that we need for her barking every time someone walks down the footpath next the house.
lovemystaffies
lovemystaffies

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max and Madge
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 6
Dog Gender(s) : male female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by zaph Mon Jun 17 2013, 11:30

The RSPCA are a dog kill charity that spend 17 million on there new HQ. They have no right of access and no right to "inspect" your dog. If you are unconfortable talking to them then request they sling their hook and if they don't you will call the police.
I haven't had anything to do with then and hopefully it stays that way, but when they kill dogs they have "rescued" I don't believe they have any right to stick their noises into your dogs life.
zaph
zaph

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, Maggie.
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum