'I Cloned My Pet'

Go down

'I Cloned My Pet' Empty 'I Cloned My Pet'

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:51

New programme on Animal Planet, focusing on owners whose pets have died, so they decide to clone them. I'm disgusted already.

About to watch the first episode on Youtube to get a better grasp of what the hell it's about. I'm not sure about what way the programme is being presented - whether it glorifies it or outlines how horrible it is.

So far, all I'm seeing is shallow owners with too much money, who are too wrapped up in their own feelings to even give a damn about the welfare of the cloned animal.

Back to top Go down

'I Cloned My Pet' Empty Re: 'I Cloned My Pet'

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:52

Omg Surprised:o that's awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:54

Wow. Just wow. Only a few minutes in and this woman is driving me nuts. She used to hand-feed her dog chicken for all of his meals, comparing it to breast-feeding a baby, and dress him up in outfits.

$50,000 to clone a small dog. How about using that money to help some animals, instead of selfishly using it to ruin the life of one? 'I Cloned My Pet' 77458

Last edited by Eleanor on Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:54

Ooh not nice at all:o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:04

Obscene.angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:05

A man on there who wants to clone his dog as well. The dog spent the last few months of her life paralysed and unable to eat on her own. These people care so much about their own suffering, but it doesn't look like they really take into account the suffering they put their dogs through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:22

I don't know enough about cloning to know if its humane for the cloned animal or not. It's an obscene amount of money yes, but rich people will pay it. Their dogs are the only ones who are not jealous or * to them. After watching some of those housewives type shows the amount of bitching is unreal! I'd have a dog instead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:27

It's incredibly inhumane. They're often bigger than the original when they're born, which is painful for the surrogate mother. This can lead to serious problems with breathing, immunity and blood flow in the cloned dog. There are usually brain and/or kidney deformities as well.

Because it's scientifically programed, instead of natural growth, the development of the animal rarely goes without problems. There are almost always at least one of several problems, like bone, muscle, skin and nerve deformities.

It's horrible. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:37

Hayley wrote:I don't know enough about cloning to know if its humane for the cloned animal or not. It's an obscene amount of money yes, but rich people will pay it. Their dogs are the only ones who are not jealous or * to them. After watching some of those housewives type shows the amount of bitching is unreal! I'd have a dog instead!

I'd always have a dog instead! But I'd rather have an individual dog in good health, I'd hate to have an exact (but imperfect, health-wise) copy of a loved dog that is at peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:43

Some people just need to learn some real compassion. Yes, it's awful when a beloved pet dies. But that's no reason to put another animal through suffering. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:49

That's nasty Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:50

Agreed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jun 13 2013, 22:12

OMG that's just crazy!