Thanks to this forum....

3 posters

Go down

Smile Thanks to this forum....

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:00

Weve just bumbed into a collie that we met a couple of weeks ago called Olly. Olly's owner has had a couple of collies in the past but passed away, bless them. Olly is a nightmare on the lead and barks at other dogs, overly excited. So you would think she knew her stuff, well the basics, about dog training, not quite.

The poor woman couldnt walk her dog it was overly excited and was barking to get to Shéara, so i took him over and let them meet and as we walked together we were talking about various training methods: training leads, high value treats, different leads/harness'/halti/canny collar everything. She hadnt heard of anything I was talking about.

Olly is only 7 months old and has only ever been off the lead twice, which is fine dont get me wrong, but she has him on a short leash at all times because she has no control, thus the dog not getting enough exercise. So I told her to let him off with Shéara, i convinced her everything would be ok and she needs to have confidence with him, Shéara's good with his recall and Olly was so focused on him that I just knew he wouldnt leave his side and follow him. She finally let him go, panicking everytime he took another step....Ive never seen a dog look so happy to burn some energy! He LOVED it! I kept calling them back and rewarding them both and sending them off again etc and Olly was fantastic!

The woman was thanking me so much for having confidence in her dog and sharing my knowledge with her, she said shes never seen her pooch so happy! I told her that she should be thanking a certain staffy forum because thats where i got all my info from! Without sharing my knowlege that pooch wouldnt have had a good run about for a very long time. I feel like ive done my good deed for the day and wanted to share this with my fellow staffy lovers Big Grin   That is all.

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: Thanks to this forum....

Post by Sazzle Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:04

Brilliant Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:09

That's nice to read Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:16

Aww how lovely is that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:39

Aww very well done Kita, you should be very proud Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 13:54

RoxysMum wrote:Aww very well done Kita, you should be very proud Smile

Thanks Lisa, i'm very proud of my pooch, he's come such a long way since we got him and he really is a little star star  If I can successfully bring up a pup then im more than happy to try and help others with theirs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Thu Jun 13 2013, 14:03

That's lovely Smile Well done to you and Sheara for sharing and caring .. you should be very proud of both of you!!
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 14:06

That's really good, well done Big Grin And good on you for hopefully making one more person realise how awesome Staffies are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 15:08

What a great story! well done you:D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:50

That's really great! I love when you get to put something into practice. She will probably find that her dog was much more settled at home too! 

Are you going to meet up again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:41

Hayley wrote:That's really great! I love when you get to put something into practice. She will probably find that her dog was much more settled at home too! 

Are you going to meet up again?

I wish we could Haley, but were leaving on saturday :(Such a shame 'cos I would have loved to have helped her out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14 2013, 22:41

Read about so many bad things that are happening so when I read something like this it makes it even more special. Well done you for putting the work in by joining, reading, posting and getting involved

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down