Indoor training.

2 posters

Go down

Indoor training. Empty Indoor training.

Post by Kitt Sat Jun 08 2013, 06:11

Tiger is still on bed rest from her surgery and I've been training her in sit, lay down, come and even inspecting her ears so she's used to it whenever a vet has to do it, she also gives paw but she'll do that anytime you put your hand out palm up at her without command, has done since I got her Laughing

She whines
A LOT
I get that's she's on bed rest, bored and frustrated she can't play with other animals but in the car and at the vet she just won't stop whining. I try to get her to lay down but she's only had training without distractions and she's so annoyed she hasn't been able to play with other animals I don't know if she'll listen to me around them, how can I get her to come to me and listen to me around other animals when she's not allowed contact with them, do I just do it without distractions until there ARE distractions for her?

She also had no interest in letting me look at her teeth, she'd flail and act like a spoilt brat, out came the treats and everytime she let me lift her lips and look I'd say "teeth" and give her a treat, magically within 5 minutes she's perfectly fine with it now, she's such a sucker for treats it's great Tongues

Indoor training. GWyFRQY This is how she likes to sleep on me while I'm at the computer, she's so heavy.
Kitt
Kitt
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tiger-Lilly
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Indoor training. Empty Re: Indoor training.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08 2013, 09:06

Aww tiger your such a good girl, it sounds like she's learning all sorts whilst on rest, darcy is a sucker for treats to Smile maybe you could try the watch me training, everytime she makes eye contact with you whilst learning it treat her, learn it first without distractions & then with distractions, giving a treat each time she watches you. Getting her attention solely on you. I hope this helps. Smile fab pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitt Sat Jun 08 2013, 09:24

Yeah I forgot to mention I'd been doing that too, the cats provide good distraction for the "watch me" she really really wants to be their friends and they don't wanna so she's always looking at them, she's doing pretty good.
Kitt
Kitt

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08 2013, 09:30

It sounds like she's doing really well, how's tiger recovering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Jun 08 2013, 21:34

Awww she's doing well Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitt Sun Jun 09 2013, 05:58

She's recovering really well, he took out her stitches and her next appointment will be the final one, then x-rays and she'll get the all clear to do what she likes and we'll finally start taking her outside and teach her some doggy manners Tongues When she meets other dogs she jumps on them and starts licking, she terrified this massive beast of a dog, she licked his nose and he went crazy like she'd just bit his face off, the owner said he'd never had another dog lick him, he kept coming back for more too, everytime she'd lick him he'd jump back and then stick his nose in her face again it was hilarious.
Kitt
Kitt

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down