Did we land on the moon ??

2 posters

Go down

Did we land on the moon ?? Empty Did we land on the moon ??

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 20:13

Channel 5 now , anybody watching . Quite a few good points to suggest we didn't Surprised

Back to top Go down

Did we land on the moon ?? Empty Re: Did we land on the moon ??

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 06 2013, 20:19

I'm sure if I had landed on the moon I would have remembered Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 20:21

Kathy wrote:I'm sure if I had landed on the moon I would have remembered Big Grin
I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 20:23

I'm not sure if i did or didn't I may not remember Surprised Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:12

I was going to new topic this programme, after I finished watching it and done a couple of Mum things, but Dave beat me to it.

Fascinating programme - I remember hearing about a book a few years ago that brought up several of the same points, but seeing is believing - or NOT!!!

I'm now 99% sure it didn't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:16

Lynda wrote:I was going to new topic this programme, after I finished watching it and done a couple of Mum things, but Dave beat me to it.

Fascinating programme - I remember hearing about a book a few years ago that brought up several of the same points, but seeing is believing - or NOT!!!

I'm now 99% sure it didn't happen.

Thinking the same myself , to me the evidence was obvious and to me I thought they were supposed to be rocket scientists , surely they could put a decent spoof movie toether Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:30

Hmm. I know a few of the engineers who worked on the Apollo missions so I am going to go with them having landed on the moon. If I didn't personally know a few of them (yes they are a bit older now - 90s), I might be more easily persuaded.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:34

Ben wrote:Hmm. I know a few of the engineers who worked on the Apollo missions so I am going to go with them having landed on the moon. If I didn't personally know a few of them (yes they are a bit older now - 90s), I might be more easily persuaded.

But you're an engineer too Ben , how do you explain the shadows , the apparent faked photos , the windy flag , no crater rom landing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:36

Well, they DID send rockets into space, sometimes successfully Laughing So far, so true.

The '60s were a weird time - the space race was full on, with a background of the Cold War.

I believed it at the time - most people did - but when you look at things like the same rocks appearing in the foreground of shots supposedly taken 2 miles apart; the same background appearing with and without the LEM; foreground-lit shots showing precise detail in what should have been dark shadow; shadows at different angles; and where the heck did the outside camera come from to record the first steps on the moon - well, I know what I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:38

Lynda wrote:Well, they DID send rockets into space, sometimes successfully Laughing So far, so true.

The '60s were a weird time - the space race was full on, with a background of the Cold War.

I believed it at the time - most people did - but when you look at things like the same rocks appearing in the foreground of shots supposedly taken 2 miles apart; the same background appearing with and without the LEM; foreground-lit shots showing precise detail in what should have been dark shadow; shadows at different angles; and where the heck did the outside camera come from to record the first steps on the moon - well, I know what I think.

The camera is a very good point Lynda and could only be explained by Matey (I'm that disgusted and destroyed I've forgot his name) not being the first man on the moon , the paparazzi got there before him Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:42

Dave wrote:
Ben wrote:Hmm. I know a few of the engineers who worked on the Apollo missions so I am going to go with them having landed on the moon. If I didn't personally know a few of them (yes they are a bit older now - 90s), I might be more easily persuaded.

But you're an engineer too Ben , how do you explain the shadows , the apparent faked photos , the windy flag , no crater rom landing

Those arguments have gone round and round with people on both sides. All I can say is that if it was a hoax, it was so elaborate or they managed to convince scores of engineers to lie (and never contradict themselves) so well that they are still telling the same story after all that time (and old age has caught up with more than a few). I actually am not an engineer though. Only did a few years and switched to the evil side of the moon and went all $ on everything. I am Finance and Econ. Now you can flame me.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:45

I take your point Ben but it is just possible that a huge proportion of the people working on the moon-landing missions were working in all faith - it was a colossal undertaking to get a rocket into space at all and all credit to those who worked to achieve that. but even in small companies, not everyone knows what goes on at the top ....

Just read your last Ben - not flaming you at all >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:46

I've gone through some of these questions in the past and found these answers from this professor enlightening:

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:46

[quote="BenI actually am not an engineer though. Only did a few years and switched to the evil side of the moon and went all $ on everything. I am Finance and Econ. Now you can flame me.[/quote]

We don't need to go any further on this one then Ben , we all know accountants and other money people live in cloud cuckoo land and look at stats rather than facts , I will see if I can get you some KPI's sorted for tomorrow then we can discuss again Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:46

Dave wrote:[quote="BenI actually am not an engineer though. Only did a few years and switched to the evil side of the moon and went all $ on everything. I am Finance and Econ. Now you can flame me.

We don't need to go any further on this one then Ben , we all know accountants and other money people live in cloud cuckoo land and look at stats rather than facts , I will see if I can get you some KPI's sorted for tomorrow then we can discuss again Laughing [/quote]

Laughing
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:49

It is a massive hoax if its true and I think they said along the way something like 3/4 million people had a part to play in it somewhere along the line , and also on the other end that only a handful of people were at the real sharp end . I fully believe the rocket took off and landed etc its just the lunar landing bit I'm struggling with now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:55

Me too Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 22:57

Lynda wrote:Me too Dave.

Obvious why they wore those suits and big helmets as well, to stop anybody recognising them , I mean come on there could be anybody inside them Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 23:25

That's one thing that never occurred to me Dave. It could explain why, when the astronauts were (relatively) safely orbiting the Earth (beneath the radioactive Van Allen belts) we had the moonshot pictures.

Honestly Ben, I will look at your link tomorrow (it's a bit late here right now for absorbing information Smile ) .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:13

I don't want to prolong this thread beyond its exhaustion point - this is just to say that I have now read the article Ben linked, as I promised. And it was interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:15

I've not read it myself , so did it happen or didn't it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:35

Jury's still out.

Basically the link Ben provided was pooh-poohing a previous website (which I also read) which was written by a schoolboy (no offence to him) and gave convincing arguments against the points that were made by said schoolboy (with me so far? Smile )

However it didn't address the points that are bothering me - like the same rocks appearing in the foreground at sites 2 miles apart and the same skyline appearing behind the LM and then not the LM.

I'd love to believe that it really happened (as I did at the time) - the consequences of it being proved as being a huge hoax are too horrible to be contemplated - it's the above points that still bother me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:40

Lynda wrote:Jury's still out.

Basically the link Ben provided was pooh-poohing a previous website (which I also read) which was written by a schoolboy (no offence to him) and gave convincing arguments against the points that were made by said schoolboy (with me so far? Smile )

However it didn't address the points that are bothering me - like the same rocks appearing in the foreground at sites 2 miles apart and the same skyline appearing behind the LM and then not the LM.

I'd love to believe that it really happened (as I did at the time) - the consequences of it being proved as being a huge hoax are too horrible to be contemplated - it's the above points that still bother me.

Me too plus the windy flag , faked pictures (cross hairs on lens partly covered), crater , no dust etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:46

The windy flag has been gone over and over. The doubter-side says no atmosphere blah blah blah... the NASA side says the flag was designed with a wire in the top portion to give it the appearance of being like a flag here on Earth so it could be seen and that the "wind" was really the jigglyness caused by trying to put it in the ground. cross hairs are on many/most NASA photos and many depend on what reproduction of the photos you are looking at. Don't know the crater or dust ones off the top of my head but can look into it from my peeps.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:49

I don't think the jiggliness was representative of the movement but can aacept the stiffed wire . Regardless of the reproduction how can a cross hair that is etched on a camera lens be masked by the subject

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:55

The explanation I was given was that that is a bad reproduction photo that has been going around and around. A bit he said, she said... Never going to convince some people and some are more skeptical of the spectacular than others and that is why nobody can ever give enough "evidence" to be rid of this conspiracy theory. Nor is there enough "evidence" to convince the mass public it never happened. Furthermore, I highly doubt any of us will ever go up and check. We will have to see if they ever send someone back to the moon. I'm sure the Russians will expose it all if they ever get up there like they say they will or they won't. I just choose to trust the people I know because I really have no idea why they would lie to me about it.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:57

Ben wrote: I just choose to trust the people I know because I really have no idea why they would lie to me about it.

But they could be lieing because they believe its the truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 07 2013, 20:59

Dave wrote:
Ben wrote: I just choose to trust the people I know because I really have no idea why they would lie to me about it.

But they could be lieing because they believe its the truth

These guys were kinda high up and worked directly with Armstrong and team. They knew the guys personally. I guess anything is possible, just seems more unlikely to me that it is all fake based on spending time with these guys. However, our government is not above hiding truths. i dont know
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 21:02

as you say though it's all down to believers and non believers and it will never be won one way or the other I suppose , or at least in some minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 21:32

Tbh, all the evidence, whether for or against, is based on technology that is now 40 years out of date. If it ever came to the point where it was seriously doubted by the powers that be, then the thing to do would be to do it again - with modern technology, including digital cameras.

Just can't get my head round or reconcile those foreground and background details - they're the killer for me, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07 2013, 22:00

I have watched that so many times. I don't believe we landed on the moon the "first" time. I think that was a ploy. But i think that man has been to the moon...but not that long ago!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08 2013, 10:24

Hayley wrote:I have watched that so many times. I don't believe we landed on the moon the "first" time. I think that was a ploy. But i think that man has been to the moon...but not that long ago!

They were probably looking for our government as they obviously aren't on this planet Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08 2013, 12:54

Laughing agree!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down