sisters shitzu

2 posters

Go down

sisters shitzu Empty sisters shitzu

Post by stobbsie Tue Jun 04 2013, 18:58

hi all can anyone tell me what my sister should do with this dog its a 3 year old shitzu its pampered like a baby but has bitten me my wife her 2 children my mam her partner this dog just snapps and bites im worried one day it will go for someones face should this dog be put down
stobbsie
stobbsie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

sisters shitzu Empty Re: sisters shitzu

Post by janey Tue Jun 04 2013, 19:15

Training, exersize? How long has it been going on, when you say bite what do mean? Need a little more info Xx not saying I can help though Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:16

As Janey says, we need a bit more info.

Has it always been like this, what does it eat, what exercise does it get, what training has it been given, has a vet seen it to make sure there's no illness/pain?

Back to top Go down

Post by stobbsie Wed Jun 05 2013, 10:32

not sure what it eats ,gets lot of exercise walked twice daily ect dog goes pamperers regulary last year went to vets he had some sort of blockage in his bowels that the evets had to flush so has regular vets checks as for the biting its random he can be sat there say if you just go to stroke him he will snap and he draws blood nearly every time if say he is sat in your seat and you go to move him he sometimes snapps then,THE DOG IS OK 90% OF THE TIME imean you can stroke him he likes to sit with you he is kind of loving like i said the biting is random i personally will not take my children round because of how nasty it has turned
stobbsie
stobbsie

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 10:41

When dogs get snappy, there's almost always an underlying problem - behavioural or physical. thinking

I can understand the snapping when somebody tries to move him. That could be fixed by persistent training. He probably does it because he's comfortable where he is and knows that if he bites, people withdraw and leave him alone.

The biting when he's being touched could be a 'leave me alone' bite, but it's difficult to say without more information. It could also be stress, excess energy, an allergy, etc.. Food allergies can often cause hyperactivity in dogs. Could also be that he's being possession aggressive. When he bites, is there usually something near him that he likes? A toy, for example?

It could also be that he doesn't like a certain area of his body being touched. Is he a rescue or has he been with them from puppyhood?

How do people react when he does bite/try to bite? Movements, noises, actions, etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down