If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old

2 posters

Go down

If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old Empty If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 22:56

What would it be , some kids were quite funky then , for me I was just getting an interest in music and buying my own records and sad to say I hadn't quite got it !!! this was the one in my head at the time I dont want to s please dont judge me (and it was a current tune)

When in later years I was trying to offload the Album ( Crepes and Drepes ) even my Auntie wouldn't take it (for free Surprised )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIBnYMltl0U

Back to top Go down

If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old Empty Re: If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 22:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Because it was the first song of the first album I ever bought. Smile I remember mum taking me and my brother down to HMV and letting us each pick out our first CD. Britney Spears was the only singer I knew, so I picked her 'Baby One More Time' album. It makes me nostalgic to hear it now. Smile

Back to top Go down

If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old Empty Re: If you had to think of a song from when you were 8 years old

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:06

Eleanor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Because it was the first song of the first album I ever bought. Smile I remember mum taking me and my brother down to HMV and letting us each pick out our first CD. Britney Spears was the only singer I knew, so I picked her 'Baby One More Time' album. It makes me nostalgic to hear it now. Smile

Suppose it would be an equivalent for its day to girls , however most blokes will have the video on the all time top ten list (not me of course as I never knew Jimmy Saville)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:10

Laughing True!

There's actually a song that I love more than the one I posted, but I don't think it's on Youtube. It was a song my dad used to play on his days off. I remember because I was about 4 and it would be a warm Sunday morning and I'd see big pillars of dust swirling around in the light coming from the window. Also the smell of wood polish. Love it. Smile

Surprised OHMYGODI'VEFOUNDITNEVERMIND

This if my all time favourite song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj_jx7hYmI4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:12

Mike Oldfield - I had Tubular Bells (no it wasn't a medical complaint Laughing )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 17 2013, 23:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3pQpqeqSc

Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:16

Sazzle wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3pQpqeqSc

Laughing
OMG he gives me the creeps for some reason and I dont know why! takes me back though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:18

pretty pleased with the level of taste going on here , makes me realise I was a normal 8 year old

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:20

I love Mike Oldfield. Smile Reminds me of when I was little. Used to listen to his album Ommadawn with my dad. Love Struck Well, he'd be in the living room listening to it on his old CD/Vinyl player and I'd come running in and wriggle my way onto the old armchair he was sitting on. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 17 2013, 23:20

rolling on the floor I got a sony walkman for my 8th birthday!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:31

Really bad Sad but I still know all the words now, I think my mum had a nervous breakdown when I started singing it in kwiksave Laughing

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUqCAn4BJuU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:34

Walkmans were the best! Big Grin

Hayler, your poor mum! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:41

Sazzle wrote: rolling on the floor I got a sony walkman for my 8th birthday!!

Did you get any tapes to go in it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:43

Eleanor wrote:I love Mike Oldfield. Smile Reminds me of when I was little. Used to listen to his album Ommadawn with my dad. Love Struck Well, he'd be in the living room listening to it on his old CD/Vinyl player and I'd come running in and wriggle my way onto the old armchair he was sitting on. Love Struck
Happy days eleanor , that's what its all about Big Grin Hope Jenny has so many memories of me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:43

Eleanor wrote:Walkmans were the best! Big Grin

I know the shame!!!

I still have a Sony Walkman I bought for the OH 20 years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:50

Dave wrote:
Eleanor wrote:I love Mike Oldfield. Smile Reminds me of when I was little. Used to listen to his album Ommadawn with my dad. Love Struck Well, he'd be in the living room listening to it on his old CD/Vinyl player and I'd come running in and wriggle my way onto the old armchair he was sitting on. Love Struck
Happy days eleanor , that's what its all about Big Grin Hope Jenny has so many memories of me

I'll bet she does Smile I don't think there's any bond that can match the one between father and daughter.

Darcy-may wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Walkmans were the best! Big Grin

I know the shame!!!

I still have a Sony Walkman I bought for the OH 20 years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing

Same here! Big Grin An old green one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 17 2013, 23:55

Dave wrote:
Sazzle wrote: rolling on the floor I got a sony walkman for my 8th birthday!!

Did you get any tapes to go in it Big Grin

Yes Jason Donovan and Kylie!! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:55

Eleanor wrote:
I'll bet she does Smile I don't think there's any bond that can match the one between father and daughter.
She's been a bad girl for mummy this week and I was told not to bring home anything , so I've hid 3 toblerones in the back of the car until she has sweated out the weekend Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:56

Laughing Awww! You softie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 23:59

Eleanor wrote: Laughing Awww! You softie!
got to keep reminding myself 3 babies in the house , I know she can be a good girl when she applies herself and the only ever time she lets herself down is at home with us , at all other times her behavior is impeccable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:01

Us girls will always push our luck! Big Grin Part of the charm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:04

Dave wrote:
Eleanor wrote: Laughing Awww! You softie!
got to keep reminding myself 3 babies in the house , I know she can be a good girl when she applies herself and the only ever time she lets herself down is at home with us , at all other times her behavior is impeccable

Isn't that always the way, my mother says what do you expect them to be impeccable ALL the time they have to be sh1ts some of the time, it's just unfortunate that its at home. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:05

Oh an Dave try the......she's just a baby that may work on the OH Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:14

Ah, when I was 8 years old! A million years ago.

We only had the radio - called "the wireless" in those days. No TV until I was 9 years old, no-body had any records because record -players were for the rich and we weren't and didn't know anybody who was.

But I think my favourite when I was 8 was "the book of love", because it was catchy and had an interesting bass insert.

Sorry - gone off-course.

Last edited by Lynda on Sat May 18 2013, 00:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:15

I love memory lane. Smile

/Tried to sleep, couldn't, shh don't tell!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat May 18 2013, 00:17

Oh no Eleanor, have you tried counting sheep?! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:19

Laughing Too much effort! I don't feel as active as I did earlier, so I should be able to sleep soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat May 18 2013, 00:22

Laughing Yeah it's complete nonsense, you have to clear your mind to sleep not activate it!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:23

Laughing Very true!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 00:44

Celine dion - think twice. Ha my first ever slow dance to it in the summer day dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 09:57

The Superbowl shuffle comes to mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 10:13

I remember buying this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WP6POdTgY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 10:21

Laughing crikey I liked this one too Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 11:40

This was the first record I ever bought with hard earned (and very low) pocket money!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuZY6NVXqU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 13:57

Caryll wrote:This was the first record I ever bought with hard earned (and very low) pocket money!

Know this song quite well Smile pretty cool for an 8 year old Caryll rock on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat May 18 2013, 14:03

This was around when I was 8 years old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPpAPIIZyo
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat May 18 2013, 14:07

Then there's this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMYow46LxQ
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 16:31

Around that time Metallica's Black Album had came out etc and I can remember my cousins were all mad for it. As I grew up idolising them, because they were cool etc I was brought up around that sort of music. Maybe not so much these days but it was def important at a time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 17:13

Kathy wrote:Then there's this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMYow46LxQ

I remember this one Kathy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 19:59

Caryll wrote:This was the first record I ever bought with hard earned (and very low) pocket money!

That was a cool one for an 8 year old, Caryll. Good driving beat.

I remember seeing the Nashville Teens play at a local hall and they played this. In those days bands did two sets with an interval inbetween, when we all repaired to the nearest pub. And there were the Nashville Teens, playing darts! The lead singer was very, shall we say, pleased with himself - bigging it up.

Sorry, I wasn't 8 years old!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 09:34

Lynda wrote:
I remember seeing the Nashville Teens play at a local hall and they played this. In those days bands did two sets with an interval inbetween, when we all repaired to the nearest pub. And there were the Nashville Teens, playing darts! The lead singer was very, shall we say, pleased with himself - bigging it up.

Sorry, I wasn't 8 years old!
Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down