+3
DragonTheStaffie
Kell
jackc92
7 posters

Go down

Red noses ?  Empty Red noses ?

Post by jackc92 Fri May 17 2013, 15:02

i apologize if ive started a topic in the wrong place and there is a thread about this from a few years ago but i thought if i start a new one id get more information back... My question is can you get a staffy with a red nose ?
jackc92
jackc92
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sheen,Ivy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male ,Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Red noses ?  Empty Re: Red noses ?

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 15:26

A purebred Stafford will always have a black nose by breed standard to my knowledge.. I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a definate response but that is what I am to believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri May 17 2013, 15:32

My knowledge on nose colour isn't expert, however my understanding is as per what Kylie has said .. black noses are breed standard.
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 16:11

I heard someone on here call it a dudley nose. Found this:

"Sometimes, in specific breeds such as the Bull Terrier, the term "dudley nose" is used to describe a dog with a pink nose due to high white on the face (see butterfly nose above). However, usually it's used to describe a dog with pigment loss on its nose.
Generally the pigment loss on a dudley nose is in the middle of the nose, spreading outwards to cover almost all of the nose on some dogs. The pigment loss causes the nose to become lighter in these areas, usually ending up as a dull pink. Dudley noses never lose their pigment completely and are never as bright pink as butterfly noses or even the pink noses found on liver dogs. There is also always a darker area remaining around the edge of the nose. Dudley noses are generally seen on dogs with solid black noses only, simply because the lighter pigment on liver, isabella and blue dogs means that areas with pigment loss are very hard to see. They are, however, very common on black-nosed dogs, including show dogs."

So yes Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 16:19

It's common to see a liver coloured Staff with a red nose, it is a colour which is said to be "undesirable" by the KC along with Black/Tan. Even though they are the two nicest colours they hint that somewhere in the bloodline there is a cross, but it could be very distant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 19:59

A liver coloured dog will always have a brown (red) nose, just as a blue dog will always have a grey nose.

If a different coloured staff has a red nose then it's either a dog with very poor pigment or it's a cross breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 20:01

Are you talking about Ivy?

She's a blue fawn brindle, so she wouldn't have a black nose, hers is more fawn in keeping with the 'blue' gene.

Back to top Go down

Post by jackc92 Fri May 17 2013, 20:12

Was just wondering because somebody said to me while i was out with my pup you cant get staffs with a rednose it must be a pitbull or have pitbull in her which got me thinking confused
jackc92
jackc92

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sheen,Ivy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male ,Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Sat May 18 2013, 13:32

jackc92 wrote:Was just wondering because somebody said to me while i was out with my pup you cant get staffs with a rednose it must be a pitbull or have pitbull in her which got me thinking confused
Is your dog KC registered?
If not you will never knowN if its a pure staffy, maybe in his family long time a go it got crossed with something causing your dog to have a red nose, you will never know but I don't think she's a put bull or cross with a pit bull Smile
By the way don't listen to people, my step dad calls all taller staffys put bull I keep telling him they're not pit bulls they're just taller than normal staffys or cross but he won't listen Laughing people just call anything a pit bull now a days
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 17:37

DragonTheStaffie wrote:
jackc92 wrote:Was just wondering because somebody said to me while i was out with my pup you cant get staffs with a rednose it must be a pitbull or have pitbull in her which got me thinking confused
If not you will never knowN if its a pure staffy, maybe in his family long time a go it got crossed with something causing your dog to have a red nose, you will never know but I don't think she's a put bull or cross with a pit bull Smile

All blues have grey noses, all blue fawns have grey or red noses! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Sat May 18 2013, 18:18

Caryll wrote:
DragonTheStaffie wrote:

All blues have grey noses, all blue fawns have grey or red noses! Big Grin
Oh didn't know, I never seen a red nosed pure staffy though
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyLondon Mon Jul 27 2015, 09:50

Hi!!

I was wondering the same thing! I was told my dog came from two pure Staffies but she has red nose, liver colour and blue eyes! She is going to grow up to 24kg and she really looks more like a pitbull. I am asking because pitbulls in England are in the Dangerous Act and have to wear a muzzle and also the quote is different according to the breed for the insurance policy.

SkyLondon
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan and Holly Tue Jul 28 2015, 21:58

There are red nosed American Pit Bull Terriers, but Staffies are supposed to have black noses, this doesn't mean that you have an APBT though as any number of reasons may cause you dog's nose to be the way it is, but most commonly it's because someone in the family tree got friendly with a non Staffy. Please don't think this means your dog is going to become some sort of crazed monster or something btw. Have you thought of maybe having a DNA test?
Stan and Holly
Stan and Holly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Red noses ?  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Years 4/6/10
Support total : 52

https://2img.net/i/fa/pbucket.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Thu Jul 30 2015, 07:25

Post some pics please
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : beau
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Jul 30 2015, 07:52

You could have a variety of breeds crossed into your dog to get the red nose.. doesn't have to be a pitbull - could well be a mastiff resulting in the bigger size. Red nose pitbull is actually also a slang backyard breeding term to make more money - as is blue nose. There's only one type of pitbull, as there's only one type of staffie.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down