What do you think?

2 posters

Go down

What do you think? Empty What do you think?

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 20:20

Yesterday in the forest i knew immediately there was someone else there cause their car was in the car park. This meant lexi didn't get off the lead until i had walked to the end of the trail and was coming back and could see the whole path (having not met this person and their assumed dog...i thought they must have been in the "no-no" paths..i.e. up the hill where i can't be arsed going)

Anyway, the whole time lexi was very interested in the smells and had her nose in the air and all about her, and was running about the place. Shes not normally like this, and i did wonder if it was the smell of another dog (she doesn't usually go mad for other dogs smells) or the fact that i didn't have her in a harness which i 99% of the time do?

She just seemed a lot freer and happier, but the ezydog collar was thick enough that her pulling on it didn't choke her.

Thoughts? confused

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty Re: What do you think?

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 20:54

I dunno Hayley tbh. I've never used a harness, and just an ordinary collar attached to an extendable lead for Kuchar. If you hadn't have said that she seemed happier, I might have hazarded a guess that you were feeling anxious about the other person in the forest and that your anxiety had travelled down the lead to her, but that seems not to be the case. So maybe the ezydog collar suits her better than a harness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon May 13 2013, 20:56

Oh I'm not sure, I suppose as long as she's not going to hurt her neck would be OK without the harness? Maybe see how you go with out it for a bit?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 21:03

The whole walk or while she was off the lead? Loki is always a lot freer and happier when he's off the lead, even moreso than when he gets to run on the long line. I dunno, if the long line isn't going to hurt her neck with a collar on then I suppose, but I myself wouldn't use the long line without a harness, just as a 'just in case.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 21:06

We always use the harness when darcy's on her long line, but just her collar if she of lead walking/playing she always seems freer without her harness Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 21:53

Tara wrote:The whole walk or while she was off the lead? Loki is always a lot freer and happier when he's off the lead, even moreso than when he gets to run on the long line. I dunno, if the long line isn't going to hurt her neck with a collar on then I suppose, but I myself wouldn't use the long line without a harness, just as a 'just in case.'

It was the whole walk! Usually she walks with the harness but never pulls, she pulls a bit with collars but ends up gagging and coughing which is why i use a harness. She was happy to pull in the ezydog collar (but not pull your arm out..just pulling to the end of the lead) but no gagging at all.

I would never use a long line with a collar ever, it can really hurt them Sad i am just wondering if shes uncomfortable in her harness or if it sounds more like excitement haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 22:21

Hayley wrote:in the "no-no" paths..i.e. up the hill where i can't be arsed going)
That bit really made me smile Laughing as to what she was looking at I'm not sure! It could've been that she wasn't on her harness and felt happier and more free, but eb doesn't really freeze on things unless it's a dog she wants to play with or her ball ect but sometimes she does just stand there like Lexi does for no real apparent reason! I guess they just smell or hear something we can't since our senses aren't as good. Once Ebony went crazy at a bush running up and down and sniffing it when I honestly couldn't see anything Laughing I'm sure it's nothing to worry about! Maybe try her without a harness again to see how she is and if she acts the same? The other dog might've been closer than you realized or something too and she just couldn't figure out where it was Smile love the picture too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 22:33

Shes always throwing out poses like that, shes a poser! It was the excessive running about she did that was new haha she normally just walks ahead even off lead, sniffing here and there but never looking very excited. But she just seemed to really enjoy this walk. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 22:36

Ohh silly me haha I dont want to s maybe it was just her harness then? Big Grin I suppose you could go the same place and try her off harness and on her harness, see how she behaves Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 22:38

Im maybe just over thinking it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 00:33

Steff acts completely different in her harness as opposed to her collar.. In her harness she is all business Wink But her collar I use when we are going to the park, river beach etc where it is more fun and I think she has this worked out now Laughing If there is no harness on she thinks Yippee it's a fun day Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 14 2013, 10:15

It could have been that she just caught the whiff or a rabbit maybe, they can have a strange effect on Rocky too. Maybe there was something there and she didn't know what it was and not too sure what to do ??
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 11:22

I stopped using my harness for a while when it was rubbing on Logan causing his fur to thin. But I found that the Ezydog collar is that easy (couldn't think of another adjective Tongues ) that I haven't went back to the harness.

But yea the scents in woodland makes Logan go daft too, so that's also a posibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum