I think Boss is going to be massive..

Go down

I think Boss is going to be massive.. Empty I think Boss is going to be massive..

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 15:35

hello Smile

iv been doing a bit of research into heights and weights of an average male staffy and it seems height is 11-15 inch to the withers and around 11-17 kg in weght.. boss is 5 months and is 15.5 inch high and 15kg in weight as you can see from his pics hes defo not overwieght just a big brute lol

is this normal or is he just going to be a big BOSS Smile

The main reason is i have a neighbour with a big staffy and it got taken off her because it was reported as a pitbull, it took her ages to get her dog back and had to go through court and this is the last thing i want to happen.
BIG SBT
BIG SBT
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I think Boss is going to be massive.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Boss
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

I think Boss is going to be massive.. Empty Re: I think Boss is going to be massive..

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 15:37

He probably won't grow a lot taller, but will widen & muscle up over the next year/18 months or so.

Is Boss KC registered?

Back to top Go down

I think Boss is going to be massive.. Empty Re: I think Boss is going to be massive..

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 15:44

he is not as he was a rescued dog, he crossed with an american bulldog according to the previous owner but that may or may not be true.
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 15:49

Try not to worry about that, just raise Boss to be a well-behaved dog and do your best for him Smile not sure about the height and weight myself, Loki is 21 inches in height so pretty big for a Staff, he hasn't grown in height for a good while now.

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 15:55

Tara wrote:Try not to worry about that, just raise Boss to be a well-behaved dog and do your best for him Smile not sure about the height and weight myself, Loki is 21 inches in height so pretty big for a Staff, he hasn't grown in height for a good while now.

Big dog you have lol is he a full staffy or staffy x?
the only time boss doesnt behave is when kids are playing close to him, he loves kids.. just runs over and lies down for them to stroke him lol hes spoilt already Big Grin
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 15:57

As Tara says, train him well & keep him out of mischief & you should be ok.

Unfortunately, if he gets into trouble you have no way of proving he isn't 'pitbull type'.

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 16:00

Caryll wrote:As Tara says, train him well & keep him out of mischief & you should be ok.

Unfortunately, if he gets into trouble you have no way of proving he isn't 'pitbull type'.

Because i got him at around 3 months old i wast sure which vet treatment he had been given so i went to my local vet and got him everything done over again then micro chipped, although i have no papers surly the vet would not treat a dog thats 'pitbull type' so am i not sort of covered a tad there?
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 16:00

As Caryll says it would be hard to prove.

When you say rescue do you mean you rehomed him or got him from a rescue centre?

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 16:01

i re homed him Smile
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 16:01

Vets treat all dogs they have no power to tell you they won't treat a pitbull type and no obligation to pass on the police you have one either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 16:02

BIG SBT wrote:
Tara wrote:Try not to worry about that, just raise Boss to be a well-behaved dog and do your best for him Smile not sure about the height and weight myself, Loki is 21 inches in height so pretty big for a Staff, he hasn't grown in height for a good while now.

Big dog you have lol is he a full staffy or staffy x?
the only time boss doesnt behave is when kids are playing close to him, he loves kids.. just runs over and lies down for them to stroke him lol hes spoilt already Big Grin

He's a cross of course. Unfortunately if any dog gets seized, it is hard to prove they're not a type, even registered dogs may have issues with it. But generally speaking, no-one's going to pay any attention to a well-behaved dog that's not bothering anyone, so try not to worry about it, just because he might be big for a Staff doesn't mean he'll end up classed as a pitbull type Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 16:03

Hayley wrote:Vets treat all dogs they have no power to tell you they won't treat a pitbull type and no obligation to pass on the police you have one either.

Theres my idea out the window then, i always thought the would report you if you had a pitbull..you learn something new everyday lol
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG SBT Sat May 11 2013, 16:05

thanks tara, il keep him on his best behavior LOL
BIG SBT
BIG SBT

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 16:08

BIG SBT wrote:
Hayley wrote:Vets treat all dogs they have no power to tell you they won't treat a pitbull type and no obligation to pass on the police you have one either.

Theres my idea out the window then, i always thought the would report you if you had a pitbull..you learn something new everyday lol

If you took your dog into a vets with bite injuries, and they suspected that he was either out of control/had caused injury to another dog/was being used in illegal activities then they would be legally bound to inform the police, whether they considered he was a 'type' or not.

But if you take him as a well behaved dog for routine visits, or because he's unwell, they won't do anything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down