Well well well...

4 posters

Go down

Well well well... Empty Well well well...

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 20:24

What a 100% fabulous weekend we've all had! The weather has been great, and it really has been a cracking weekend Big Grin The suns been out all the time we've been away which is always good, and of course Ebony had her 2 play mates all weekend! I kinda dreaded going into town with Eb as she wants to play with EVERY dog she meets, and this really is her only problem as she'll pull and run off ect BUT after pulling a few times she finally got the hang of not trying to play with every dog and we even WALKED SIDE BY SIDE with plenty of dogs and she didn't even stare!! I'm so proud Big Grin We'd gone on the beach every night too, first time we went on we walked to the very end so Ebony wasn't tempted to run to the other dogs on the far side and my aunty kept telling me to let her off cause she'll be fine since the dogs are really far in the distance, so I did - and what did she do? Bolted right off into the distance to play with 3 big huskies in the middle of the sea I dont want to s It's safe to say I nearly died. I'm forever complaining about bad owners and oh my gosh I was mortified! All of my family (7 of us) were running down the beach shouting her name Laughing Luckily enough the woman was verrrry nice, and so were her dogs but still oh my gosh. The next day, we went to an empty beach and I'd been training Ebony with my aunties dogs training her not to go near them when I called ect and she didn't listen at first but she soon learnt that just because I called her to me, it doesn't mean she can't play after! So we really tested her and let her stay within a distance of other dogs, and did she run away? NO Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin We also went to a big castle ruins thing that you pay to get in, doggies go free of course - and there were so many dogs in there! They all have to be kept on lead so that was good, but she was super well behaved in there too Big Grin So it's safe to say she's cured of her incredible attraction to other doggies, or is pretty close to being there anyways Big Grin At services she walked past other dogs without so much of a stand and stare (usually she'd stare and anchor down on the floor) and gosh it's just been a fabulous week - especially since we've spent all weekend together and she's finally getting rid of her bad habits! She's a perfect dog besides that Big Grin

We also got lots of lovely comments off people, spoke to plenty of staffie lovers (I didn't actually see 1 staffie though! They were mainly Jack Russells, Cockapoos ect) and she got lots of strokes and cuddles! We even got a beep Laughing Some girl in the car beeped and pointed to Ebony and put her thumbs up Laughing Some kid started speaking to me who had staffies too though, and the first thing he said to me was when he ran up to me is " WOAAAAH SHE'S A BEAST, IS SHE A PIT BULL?" I said nope, he said "CAN I STROKE HER THEN?" I said yes, he then said "WAIT, DOES SHE BITE?" I said no, he then asked me how old she was and how much she looks like a pit bull and why she looks like one and if I'd breed her, I said no and explained she was a rescue and that she'd been spayed and he asked to see her scar!! How creepy? I dont want to s He was adamant that she was a pit bull though, when she's clearly not! silly boy Laughing

It was great to see everyones pictures of their doggies while I've been away though, and it looks like you've all had good weather too so I'm pleased about that Big Grin I'm now off to put my millions of photos in order to upload to here in a bit! And by millions, I mean millions Laughing Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Well well well... Empty Re: Well well well...

Post by Sazzle Mon May 06 2013, 20:27

Sounds like a fabulous weekend, looking forward to the pics Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 20:29

Ah what a lovely post Cody - thank you for sharing your holiday with us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 20:32

Aww sounds like you had a fab time Cody, can't wait to see pics of the beautiful ebony Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 20:35

sounds like you've had a great time Big Grin and well done Eb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 21:22

Thank you everyone! Big Grin The oooodles of pictures of Ebony are now up! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon May 06 2013, 21:23

sounds like you all had such a good time,and i bet you were very proud of eb for being such a good girl Big Grin
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 21:25

We did Stella, thank you Smile And ohh yes, I was a mighty proud mommy Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 21:46

Sound like you've had a great time and Ebony has been amazing thumbs up
Some people aren't happy unless they are labelled a pittbull even when quite clearly they are not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06 2013, 21:49

Can't agree more Mike! I mean she's verrry big, but she really looks nothing like a pitbull Laughing But thank you, we did have a great time, and she's been a little diamond Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 10:23

Yay, pics Big Grin. Glad to hear you had such a brilliant weekend, Ebony is such a clever girl to learn so quickly when you train her Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 07 2013, 10:34

Sounds like Ebony had a great weekend as did all of you really. All the hard work and training is paying off now which is great to hear, well done Ebony and well done you too Smile
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Tue May 07 2013, 10:57

Sounds like you had a really positive time, can't wait to see pictures
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 22.09.2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum