been to see the rabbit man - photo warning

Go down

been to see the rabbit man - photo warning Empty been to see the rabbit man - photo warning

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:40

*please don't look if you don't want to see dead baby animals*

Well I've not been able to get to my friend for a couple of months so i long run out of rabbit gutted!

Anyway we have just been over to donny to pick them up and he'd got me a present Big Grin

a wood pigeon!
been to see the rabbit man - photo warning 528406_10152763964880611_91055248_n

Chance would not leave it alone but it's in the freezer to freeze for a good while Big Grin

anyway with all the baby rabbits coming out i got a few, so in the end i got 6 adults and 6 baby rabbits plus the pigeon for a fiver Big Grin

been to see the rabbit man - photo warning 540557_10152763964865611_1356202234_n

decided to pop in asda on the way home Big Grin all these were 40p and under
been to see the rabbit man - photo warning 310699_10152763964875611_318798647_n

Back to top Go down

been to see the rabbit man - photo warning Empty Re: been to see the rabbit man - photo warning

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:43

Good variety and great prices thumbs up

Back to top Go down

been to see the rabbit man - photo warning Empty Re: been to see the rabbit man - photo warning

Post by janey Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:44

You have a strong stomach!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:47

You must definitely have a strong stomach, great price for all of it thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 19:49

I'd love to be able to get rabbit and anything a bit gamey for Logan. But there's nothing like that where I live.

Really stupid question, I bought those fish like that in the exact packages. Are they safe to just give the way they are? I've never eaten anything like that before but there were many little bones in them when I looked and I wondered could they be dangerous. What if they were boiled up, so I could mix with kibble?

Sorry stupid veggie question Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 20:18

haha i give the fish whole raw as it is Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 21:22

Am I right in saying that fish bones are the only bones that are ok cooked?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 21:29

yes Mike as far as i know they are, as like tinned fish that is cooked normally have bones in and they are fine to eat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 21:31

That's what I was afraid of, that's great. Just hadn't a clue about them if I'm honest. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 05:47

Looks delish! Can you feed any type of fish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 06:04

Wow, very nice Big Grin I was wondering what you do to make sure there's no shot(?) left in the rabbits still? And also do you have to freeze the fish before you give it to them or can you give them it right away? Noob questions Big Grin anyway, great food for them as always, you know the right people, definitely, everything here is expensive. No 40p fish for us Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 08:40

RoxysMum wrote:Looks delish! Can you feed any type of fish?

You have to be careful with fish like samon as it can contain the Neorickettsia helminthoeca parasite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 08:41

Thanks Mike!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 14:10

Tara wrote:Wow, very nice Big Grin I was wondering what you do to make sure there's no shot(?) left in the rabbits still? And also do you have to freeze the fish before you give it to them or can you give them it right away? Noob questions Big Grin anyway, great food for them as always, you know the right people, definitely, everything here is expensive. No 40p fish for us Laughing

These rabbits are killed with a through and through head shot by a rifle so no lead bullets used Smile

I feed the fish fresh on the day sometimes but mostly I freeze it to save for another day

Salmon like mike said can contain a parasite if it's from the pacific northwest, tuna is another you don't want to give much of sue to mercury levels and things like smoked fish. But oily fish are your best bet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 16:03

Mike wrote:
RoxysMum wrote:Looks delish! Can you feed any type of fish?

You have to be careful with fish like samon as it can contain the Neorickettsia helminthoeca parasite

and also fresh tuna as it can have a high murcury content (tined pretty safe but still need to not feed to offen)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 17:11

This has made me want to go and buy a fish, just to see lexis reaction. I think i may.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 17:52

Awesome advice, guys, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down