+3
Nosipho
janey
Cornish-Muscle
7 posters

Go down

Righto! Empty Righto!

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:53

I figured it was time for a bit of an update on The Mogster, I haven't been around much recently, but I'm trying to get on a bit more now.

So firstly, she's a lump! She's huge! We need to get her weighed again, but me and Leaim both think she's got heavier. Secondly, her recall is getting a LOT better, so long as we have a boomer ball, although saying that we took her out for a short walk last night and let her run around a field, she went on her lead once when people were walking across the bottom of the field, then again as we were leaving, each time she came back without any fuss, and we didn't have her boomer ball with us!
Thirdly, she's getting rather protective of me again, and of her toys. We have a friend who has a black lab that we often go out walking with, we took them out for 2-3 hours the other day, it was a pleasant walk for once (The last time they went out together, Molly bit Bolan's lip - more an accident than anything else, but a tug toy was involved) Bolan has learnt to stay away when Molly has a stick or a toy, and he'll go play on his own. I was impressed when she let me play with him and a stick, usually if I just try and fuss another dog she gets all aggro puppy over it, but we had a nice long walk and a play. Bolan has his own Indestructaball, which amazingly Molly paid no attention to what so ever!
Fourth, she's doing well on her raw food diet, just restocked the freezer with Ox Heart, must have taken a good 45mins to an hour to actually cut the damn thing up and bag it, that's with two of us doing it! She's still having bones every now and then, but she's not that interested in them.
Fifth, she's slowly turning into a well behaved dog! Her training, in doors is coming along well, I plan on doing a video of her soon.
Now for the negatives:
She's still pulling on the lead
She's being a pain in the * in the garden, barking at us when we try and get her to come inside
She's still a big fat bully when it comes to the cat
She's still over excitable when people come around

But! We're working on it all, and she is getting a lot calmer, slowly....
Righto! Dsc0048bc
Righto! Dsc0047vd
Righto! Dsc0046hy
And just a few photos that were taken a few days ago
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Righto! Empty Re: Righto!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:56

She's a real stunner!

It just takes time & it'll all click into place eventually. But let's face it, if she was super good all the time, she wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:57

Aww she is so cute Love Struck gotta take the rough with the smooth I guess, but sounds as though all in all she is coming on nicely Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Mar 16 2011, 11:02

The photos really don't do her justice, but I don't have any decent ones of her recently >.< Going to try get some later today when we take her out for another massive run. I've got some videos to upload, but I've also got about 6 months worth of photos I need to sort out first Sad
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 13:01

she is real stunner and all the time and patience you are giving her seem like it is paying off, well done

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 14:19

Aw she's so beautiful. I'm having a few probs with Charlie but I just keep working on them, he'll get there eventually and Molly will too. For each one of their annoying habits or issues, they have a million endearing and wonderful qualities that make it all worth while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Mar 16 2011, 14:55

She's being a pain in the * in the garden, barking at us when we try and get her to come inside

All puppies try this and will coninue it as to them they think its an amazing game! Skibadee used to do this in the park as a pup, the only way to stop them doing it is to walk away from them and pretend your leaving. In the garden the only this that works is to call them once, be really encouraging. if they dont come then go in and shut the door, leave it for 20mins, repeat. She will ge thte message eventually trust me even if u have to leave her outside til it gets dark!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Mar 16 2011, 18:09

Nosipho wrote:

All puppies try this and will coninue it as to them they think its an amazing game! Skibadee used to do this in the park as a pup, the only way to stop them doing it is to walk away from them and pretend your leaving. In the garden the only this that works is to call them once, be really encouraging. if they dont come then go in and shut the door, leave it for 20mins, repeat. She will ge thte message eventually trust me even if u have to leave her outside til it gets dark!

Easier said than done when the OH likes to run around after her >.<
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Wed Mar 16 2011, 18:17

Molly is lovely, you're doing a great job with her Smile
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Thu Mar 17 2011, 17:15

Keep up the training....try talking to her on the lead and walking quickly...if she pulls quickly do an about turn, you may look like a numpty from a distance but if you lead and the dog follows that's what you want....I usually always have a few biscuits in my pocket, they are suckers for food so give one quick call and biscuit use the same call at feed time when you put the dish down, use the call when you put fresh water down anything that they get benefit from use that cal or whistle when ever you do it.....it becomes a habit to you and to them.....good luck but just keep it up and they'll grow into it....you're the top dog,the provider....
piggy
piggy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mini
Support total : 1

http://thelittleminidogblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:27

She doesn't do the food thing, and I can't walk fast, Leaim does find that she works better when he walks her, but that's mainly because he can walk fast. She's getting there, the turning around thing doesn't work, but stop start does, a little. It's more about patience, especially Leaim's Tongues
She's pretty good if you whistle to her, or say her name, but I can't whistle as well as Leaim >.<
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 20:09

She is stunning Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieWelsh Thu Mar 17 2011, 20:38

Aawww gorgeous girl!
SuzieWelsh
SuzieWelsh
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lilly
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Mar 17 2011, 22:09

Shes lovely and the positives far outway the negetives so your doing something right Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Fri Mar 18 2011, 07:54

You can buy a silent dog whistle...they're not dear and you can use it at night if needed...but you''re right patience and it will all fall into place...she's a little cracker btw....
piggy
piggy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mini
Support total : 1

http://thelittleminidogblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down