memphises little inserdent

4 posters

Go down

memphises little inserdent Empty memphises little inserdent

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 12:03

This morning on our daily walk on the beach we had an inserdent
just got on the beach memphis on lead this staffy beagle cross came running over nto memphis and attacked him no play sniffing just straight for the kill well the dogs owner was a good 50 meters away so i had to sort it myself before he got there well to cut a long story short i got them apart only for the other dog to run round and attack again this is when memphis retaleated well the owner finaly got there put his dog on lead i shouted and balled at him he shouldent have his dog off lead to which he replyed he not like that with any other dog just staffs as he was attacked as a pup so with some choice words off me we went on our way half hour later the same thing happend again same dog but this time i saw him coming so i ran towards him and booted him away(WHICH I FEEL BAD ABOUT)then i had another go at the owner just this time a bit more threating and told him if i see his dog off lead again i will brick him(which i wouldnt)and his owner said i dont know why your being like that theere dogs and thats what can happen and atleast your dog came away unscathed then i noticed a big chunk out ov his dogs nose bites on his cheek and a ripped ear memph has a tiny scratch in his ear.
but now i feel bad about threating the owner but i will not put up with poor dog owners

Back to top Go down

memphises little inserdent Empty Re: memphises little inserdent

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 12:08

Warren, I'd have done exactly the same!

How dare he say there's no harm done? He should be more careful & stay in control of his dog. Next time you might not be able to stop Memphis from doing real damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 12:15

it must ov lasted all ov 10 seconds and i was suprised to see how much damage could be done in that time his dogs face was a mess.
but can i just add 30 seconds later memphis was playing with a couple ov king charles spaniels rolling around and them jumping all over him and playing happy so i was glad he didnt get his back up with the shock(infact he wasnt phased atall)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 12:18

I've had the same issue with dogs off lead, admittedly sometimes it's my fault cos when Charlie is off lead, if he sees a dog, he just wants to go and say hello and if I dont spot the dog before he does and tell him to stay by me, he's off to say hi whether I like it or not. But I have had owners who have said, sorry he doesnt like other dogs, or sorry, she doesnt like pupppies. The thing is, if my dog didnt like other staffs, or had a thing about collies or puppies or just didnt like other dogs, I wouldnt have him off lead. Simple as that. Its just not worth the risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 13:04

Well done Warren,
Wwe have a similar thing happening with Billy with a staffy and a lurcher. My hubby is going to say something next time, as it has only happened with me, but not as bad as you.
These people need to be told, as they will be the first to complain when a staffy turns around and goes for their dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Tue Mar 15 2011, 14:14

We're lucky this has never really happened to Molly, it's usually her doing the aggressive part.
But as every one else has said, if you know your dog doesn't like certain dogs, or ages (Molly HATES puppies) then keep them on a damn lead!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Mar 15 2011, 17:07

bigwazza wrote:it must ov lasted all ov 10 seconds and i was suprised to see how much damage could be done in that time his dogs face was a mess.
but can i just add 30 seconds later memphis was playing with a couple ov king charles spaniels rolling around and them jumping all over him and playing happy so i was glad he didnt get his back up with the shock(infact he wasnt phased atall)

And he didnt even take his dog home and clean it up? just let it run into another fight? Just goes to show how much he loves his dog
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 17:55

I agree with you Wazza. Know what you mean about feeling bad about kicking the dog, but at the same time you had no choice.
A pitbull ran at Blue when I first got him and just started attacking him (Which might be why he is dog aggressive now) If he come back a 2nd time he was getting vollied across the road, shortly followed by it's owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 15 2011, 18:53

Wazza I have to agree, you weren't left with much option than to kick the dog away, even though you feel bad about the dogs injuries it shouldn't be allowed to attack Memphis. Maybe when the muppet of the owner realises he may be more aware in the future and keeo his dog under control.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 21:22

Maybe he'll be a little more careful when he gets the vets bill!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 15 2011, 21:25

I doubt someone like that would bother with the vets though!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Mar 15 2011, 22:26

You were right to do what you did fancy letting him come over knowing he was going to start a fight and a second time Surprised stupid owner
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 23:40

like janey said i dont think he would bother taking him to a vet as it was pointed out earlyer he still took him for a walk in the state he was.
im also informing the dog wardens in the morning as next time his dog may not come off so lightly if he tried it on with a fully grown dog or may do serious injury to a less hardy breed.
the owner needs to be taking to task about not having his dog off lead

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 15 2011, 23:44

And once again, 'the owner'!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:24

bigwazza wrote:like janey said i dont think he would bother taking him to a vet as it was pointed out earlyer he still took him for a walk in the state he was.
im also informing the dog wardens in the morning as next time his dog may not come off so lightly if he tried it on with a fully grown dog or may do serious injury to a less hardy breed.
the owner needs to be taking to task about not having his dog off lead

Good idea, at least if the wardens can keep an eye out it could avert any more trouble. Let's face it, it isn't the poor dog's fault & he could get hurt.

janey wrote:And once again, 'the owner'!

Another reason BSL must go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 11:39

got incontact with the dog wardens this morning and apparently there been a couple ov complaints in the past few months with a description ov the same dog but they have found it hard to acctully catch to owner on the beach.
but its all reported now i will just keep a close eye out for him a stay clear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 11:40

got incontact with the dog wardens this morning and apparently there been a couple ov complaints in the past few months with a description ov the same dog but they have found it hard to acctully catch to owner on the beach.
but its all reported now i will just keep a close eye out for him a stay clear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum