Attention to rescue centres in Britain!

2 posters

Go down

Attention to rescue centres in Britain! Empty Attention to rescue centres in Britain!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:27

Attention to rescue centres in Britain! Idiot_zps817a5bd2

Back to top Go down

Attention to rescue centres in Britain! Empty Re: Attention to rescue centres in Britain!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:36

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/dogstickers.asp

A related warning was originally circulated in March 2012 (and again in March 2013) about a man named Michael Anthony Burdis who was reportedly attempting to obtain dogs from animal shelters to "use as bait in dog fighting":

This is Michael Anthony Burdis — watch out for him in all rescue centres as he's trying to get his hands on a dog to use as bait in dog fighting! Please share this far and wide — we have to stop this evil man!
This warning was apparently based on information originating with the UK-based Scruples Whippet Rescue, who posted on their Facebook page back in March 2012 that:

There is currently a statement being posted all over facebook about a Michael Burdis. It is claimed that the statement was written by Scruples Whippet Rescue and is badly written and reads like Michael is a volunteer for us. The statement was NOT written by any member of the Scruples team.

Michael Burdis is NOT in any way a Volunteer for Scruples or in any way associated with our Rescue. He wrote on our Facebook page last week enquiring about young dogs and was REFUSED a dog and was BLOCKED from our page due to his dog fighting links. This man is currently under investigation by the RSPCA .

All our Volunteers are very strictly vetted and home checked and Scruples Whippet Rescue will not have, and never have had anything to do with anyone involved in the barbaric illegal activity that is dog fighting.

We are very concerned that this badly worded statement that has been written by someone unknown to Scruples is making people believe that we are involved with Michael and his activities and we are asking all Facebook groups to delete the incorrect post and post and share this statement instead.

However, we haven't found any evidence that someone named Michael Burdis is (or was) being investigated by the RSPCA in connection with dogfighting activities, and the Scruples Whippet Rescue notice states only that someone using that name inquired of them about some dogs via Facebook. The photograph now being circulated with this warning (not reproduced here) appears to be a picture of someone by the same name from the U.S. who has no connection to any of this.

Back to top Go down

Attention to rescue centres in Britain! Empty Re: Attention to rescue centres in Britain!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:37

What the hell! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:37

Could be true, but sounds like it's already been around before. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:39

I saw it on FB a while back. All too common even if it isn't true Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:39

Did it rounds on FB a few months back Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 14 2013, 21:42

yea saw a few time you got be careful is there any prove of him doing this or was it some facebook troll wanna start some trouble

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 09:58

A friend of mine forwarded it to me, but I'm not sure if he got it from FB. He claims to know what happened originally, but I haven't had a chance to talk to him properly, so I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 11:21

I saw it on fb too. The pic I saw on fb was the same but it was on a US phone because the network was AT&T which is a US network.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down