Todays walk

5 posters

Go down

Todays walk Empty Todays walk

Post by Ticklymac Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:01

So it was quite a nice day today so decided to bundle my bundles of joy into the car and take them to a country park near by. Diesel loves it there loads of woodland for her to explore with streams running through she can paddle in and sum clearings so she can stretch her legs.
Was feeling quite bad for Leroy though cause Diesels cutting about off lead exploring and he's stuck on a lead, it can be quite busy so didn;t want to risk and long lead action. So after we'd walked up through the trees there was a clearing on the other side so a decided to run down it with Leroy to let him stretch his legs out! As we were waiting down the bottom for my oh this big doppy looking Doberman came bounding out of no where straight up to us! Luckily i had a good hold on Leroy cause he didn't seem too amused and had a growl and a what might have been a snap, so i pulled him back in away. By this time Diesel had came over and managed to distract the Doberman with her bubbly playful nature so nothing kicked off. Good job too as the owners took a good while to appear out the trees and even when they did made no effort to call their dogs even though they could quite clearly see me tryin to hold my dog back!! angry

We continued on our way and wondered if maybe it was just the energy of the dog Leroy didn't like that had maybe scared him or made him nervous? Cause he's been fine with all other dogs he's met.

Later on we were walking back through the woods when up ahead we spotted two women walking a young male rottie on lead...One of the woman shouted that he was fine just a bit hyper so we continued and Diesel went to say hello - lots of tail waggin and playful movement between the rottie and Diesel and as i slowly approached with Leroy by my side i explained the situation, the woman was really nice and said that the rottie was fine just a bit hyper so we let the dogs have a wee sniff and both growled at each other. So we both rained them in. Luckily the woman was fine and understanding. She said her dog will usually let wee dogs bite him an everything an he's not one to retaliate so was strange that he had growled at Leroy. We stood an had a wee chat about the dogs and she gave Diesel and Leroy sum treats and said our goodbyes.

I was thinking that maybe he just didn't like big dogs, but he's met some pretty big labs and been fine...
He got lots of scars and the woman that works at the pound thought maybe he had been attacked , so now wonderin if it was a rottie or doberman ?

Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Todays walk Empty Re: Todays walk

Post by Richardspencer Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:06

My Lola is the same with bigger dogs generally and normally male dogs. Smaller dogs and females she is fine with.

Richardspencer
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:07

You never know do you. Every tome Rocky sees a Boxer dog we have he same thing, he just does not like them which made us wonder if one has had a go at him some time in the past before we got him.

Glad you had a lovely walk though, we have to make the most of days like this.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:13

Maybe he doesn't like hyperactive dogs? Loki almost got attacked by a Staff once who's never so much as growled at another dog before, and the reason is most likely because Loki was being a playful idiot jumping all over the place. Even friendly dogs don't always like it, so could be that? I mean, the Doberman appeared suddenly, which can bother some dogs, and the Rottweiler was hyperactive, so could be that he gets on well only with calm dogs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:15

Yeh think we'l just need to watch out for them. Theres a rottie down the stairs from me but hes not met yet (shes not out much) but dunno if it'l be any different bcause she's a bitch, but defo need to watch out for their first meeting.
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:18

Tara wrote:Maybe he doesn't like hyperactive dogs? Loki almost got attacked by a Staff once who's never so much as growled at another dog before, and the reason is most likely because Loki was being a playful idiot jumping all over the place. Even friendly dogs don't always like it, so could be that? I mean, the Doberman appeared suddenly, which can bother some dogs, and the Rottweiler was hyperactive, so could be that he gets on well only with calm dogs?

I'd thought that too, but hes ok with Diesel an they don't come much more hyperactive than her! She's constantly jumping about him, nudgin and barkin at him to play with her (proper typical annoying wee sister) but mayb just cause he's used to her now?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:09

Funny isn't it sometimes, perhaps he's just feeling a bit off today who knows, I'm glad you enjoyed your walk. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:26

Kathy wrote:You never know do you. Every tome Rocky sees a Boxer dog we have he same thing, he just does not like them which made us wonder if one has had a go at him some time in the past before we got him.

Funny you say that Kathy Moo has a dislike to Boxers also!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Apr 13 2013, 19:39

Darcy-may wrote:Funny isn't it sometimes, perhaps he's just feeling a bit off today who knows, I'm glad you enjoyed your walk. Smile

yeh maybe just cause he was in a new place as well, like unfamiliar territory, after all he's still settling in to his new life.
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Apr 13 2013, 22:00

this is an intresting read, marley is usually so bloody sure of himself he either stands proud around most dogs or plays. but smaller dogs barking at him seems to upset him and his ears go back and he tries to get away. Laska on the otherhand is so happy go lucky she will play bow anything. Im begining to wonder is she is short of a marble or two as a trip to wimboldon common and a large DA staffy cross muzzled was straining at the lead to get to her and she play bowed it and batted its backside... the owner was laughing so much and saying she was fearless, i just think she is too dumb to realise danger... gonna have to keep a close eye on her.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sun Apr 14 2013, 00:27

Hahaha yeh nathan Diesel is like that too just wants to play with everyone an doesn't seem to mind angry dogs
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down