Would a big lottery win change your personality ??

+2
Kathy
Steve
6 posters

Go down

Would a big lottery win change your personality ?? Empty Would a big lottery win change your personality ??

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:59

Just watching this drama on ITV about the syndicate winners and it has to beg the question

Do you think you could be the same person you are now with all that cash ?? Sure if you are skint it would make your life better , easier but would it change the person you are ??

I'd like to think that I would still have the same values in life that I have now (and be surrounded by 100 rescue staffords and pay people to look after them that call me mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Would a big lottery win change your personality ?? Empty Re: Would a big lottery win change your personality ??

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:00

I'd pay extra attention to my behaviour to make sure I don't change for the worst. Smile

Back to top Go down

Would a big lottery win change your personality ?? Empty Re: Would a big lottery win change your personality ??

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:00

i wouldn't change me i dont think thinking

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:01

Of course a big win would make life easier but I dont think it would change my personality, I would still be a miserable git Laughing

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:02

I would have to have a couple of weeks holiday abroad but pay for the dogs to have the lap of luxury for 2 weeks , or bribe the French government to let me bring them with me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:03

I've thought of this before myself Dave. Big Grin

I don't think it would change me, because when I picture what I'd do with lottery winnings it wouldn't be very extravagant. I would just love the security and would love to not have to work all my life. I'd also love to do something decent for my Mum and Dad.

I would also love to have a house with plenty of land. Apart from that I wouldn't be doing anything different than what I do already.

I'd still love to win it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:03

why would you want to goto frog land for davie boy?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:04

It would make me happier, I would be able to achieve things in life that are out of the question for now, so yes it would change me, for the better I think Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:05

yea it would change everyone life but will it change your personality ??

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:07

I would buy a log cabin beside a loch in Scotland with about 100 acres of woodland around it too. Lots of space, that would be the main aim for me, I love space and peace and quiet, I dont get much of that at all. So long as Rocky is happy and me and hubby are happy those the main things Smile

I would love to make a sizable donation to the rescue center where Rocky came from and of course to the forum to make sure loads more owners have all the advice and help they need.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:08

Steve wrote:why would you want to goto frog land for davie boy?

Because if I was allowed to take the dogs (remember Tilly is not registered) I wouldnt want to stress the kids out with too long a ferry journey or car ride

Unless I was allowed to hire a private jet to take us to fuerteventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:08

Nah I don't think it would change my personality. I'm a fairly boring and reserved person mostly and I don't think extra money would change that. Hopefully not anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:09

Steve wrote:yea it would change everyone life but will it change your personality ??

That is exactly my point

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:10

only country i would go to is american I dont want to s country that dont speak english scare me

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:11

Dave wrote:
Steve wrote:yea it would change everyone life but will it change your personality ??

That is exactly my point

yea i know mate it, it would change my life forever but it wont change my personality.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:11

I'd hope it wouldn't change my personality, not for the worse anyway!

Although I'd get a little cottage in the country for me and Daisy so I'd probably turn into a recluse!!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:12

Sazzle wrote:I'd hope it wouldn't change my personality, not for the worse anyway!

Although I'd get a little cottage in the country for me and Daisy so I'd probably turn into a recluse!!

Hope you'd only won 500K then otherwise you are a tight *

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:15

Well your never gonna know until it happens so fingers crossed for all of us Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:16

Laughing I'd sort all my family and freinds out before I disapeared!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:17

Sazzle wrote: Laughing I'd sort all my family and freinds out before I disapeared!!

So you would spend all your money on a hitman Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:17

sod the family Laughing they wouldn't get a penny from me

well my wee mother and father would be help shame on you no one else

Last edited by Steve on Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:18; edited 1 time in total

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:17

Sazzle wrote: Laughing I'd sort all my family and freinds out before I disapeared!!

I wouldn't even tell me friends if I'm totally honest. I'd tell my immediate family and nobody else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:19

I'd tell my next door neighbours I had won , just as I parked the pikeys on their drive

So sue me >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:22

Dave wrote:

So you would spend all your money on a hitman Surprised

Laughing Shhhh don't tell anyone!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:23

MatLogan wrote:

I wouldn't even tell me friends if I'm totally honest. I'd tell my immediate family and nobody else.

Would all depend on how much I won, I'd like to help out as many people as I could!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:45

Wouldn't change me in the least.

I'd still be the same miserable, pig headed bugga that I am now! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:48

Caryll wrote:Wouldn't change me in the least.

Didnt Eleanor say the same , you need some Happy House lessons Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:50

It would definately change my personality. I would be able to do what I want when I wanted so I wouldn't have to worrying about working, saving money etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:52

Dave wrote:

Ours is a very happy house - we're both happy to be miserable buggas! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:56

Caryll wrote:Ours is a very happy house - we're both happy to be miserable buggas! Laughing

I'm a little concerned here , where exactly does Mr Caryll / Eleanor figure in this . We think your man (otherwise known as Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad gets a bit of a rough deal)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:57

Not me either I am afraid I am not very money orientated or materialistic! at all. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:05

Dave wrote:
Caryll wrote:Ours is a very happy house - we're both happy to be miserable buggas! Laughing

I'm a little concerned here , where exactly does Mr Caryll / Eleanor figure in this . We think your man (otherwise known as Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad gets a bit of a rough deal)

Of course he does. He's a man! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:11

Dave wrote:

Laughing Nooo, I just said I wouldn't let it change me. Tongues I'm a happy girl!

Caryll wrote:
Dave wrote:

Ours is a very happy house - we're both happy to be miserable buggas! Laughing

Laughing Don't know what you mean. I'm always happy!

Dave wrote:

Men need to be bossed around and ground down. Tongues They have to know their place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:12

Caryll wrote:
Dave wrote:

Of course he does. He's a man! Rolling Eyes
angry angry angry

Mr Caryll >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:16

Mr Caryll can handle it! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:20

Eleanor wrote:Mr Caryll can handle it! Laughing

poor bloke got no chance with you 2

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Tue Apr 09 2013, 23:24

Wouldn't change my personality, but you wouldn't see me for dust. Every penny of that money would be out of this country quicker than you can say tax evasion.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Would a big lottery win change your personality ?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 07:31

I'd like to think it woudn't, but not sure. I'd definitely spend a lot more Laughing but I think I'd still have the same ideals. I'd get a big house with a massive garden, get a new car for my parents because the one they have now is crap Rolling Eyes, and get another dog Big Grin. So don't think it'd change me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 10:53

It would change me for the better as I wouldn't have to work so wouldn't have that stress. I would buy a Winnebago(like the one on Meet the Fockers) and tour Europe with my girls Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:20

Laughing the question was would it change your personality Tongues

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 12:48

Steve wrote: Laughing the question was would it change your personality Tongues
No! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 13:49

Dave wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Mr Caryll can handle it! Laughing

poor bloke got no chance with you 2

None whatsoever! Big Grin

And winning the lottery would only make it worse! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 14:38

Yes - id be a lot happier Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 16:00

Nope do think so, but maybe happier, because no financial worries Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 21:18

I would like to think that if I won the lottery I would still be the biggest selfish, creepy, argumentive, arrogant arrsehole going Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Apr 10 2013, 21:56

jstaff wrote:It would definately change my personality. I would be able to do what I want when I wanted so I wouldn't have to worrying about working, saving money etc.
same here mate, being on the skids for so long you value money and its worth the releif would be immence, i might even smile lol.
I have dreamt about it alot and if I hit the big time, like euro rollover jackpot there would be def two things I would do.
first stems from sitting in the vets while an old fella and his dog were at the reception paying a bill and he was saying how hard it was to pay the bill but would go without food for his aging dog as it was his only companion in life. I was chocked, literally and im not afraid to say I welled up. so my first thing would be a charity for old people and there dogs to help subsidise vet bills and keep them together.
second would be to do something about dog education in schools, all the common scense things and dispelling the myths like a female needs a litter etc
rest of my time would be doing anything and everything with the dogs....
If I win this weekend i will fund a forum * up for everyone lol, and buy steve that house next to the red stripe factory if he agrees we can all come and stay for the weekend Big Grin
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 10 2013, 22:34

Nathan wrote:first stems from sitting in the vets while an old fella and his dog were at the reception paying a bill and he was saying how hard it was to pay the bill but would go without food for his aging dog as it was his only companion in life. I was chocked, literally and im not afraid to say I welled up. so my first thing would be a charity for old people and there dogs to help subsidise vet bills and keep them together.

Ahhh, that's really sweet Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down