Love my mum and dad

5 posters

Go down

Love my mum and dad  Empty Love my mum and dad

Post by EmLou28 Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:18

Just had to let you all know how wonderful my mum and dad is, so sorry going to do a little bit of bragging here Smile We had to rush up to Scotland at the weekend due to a family emergency. We couldn't take Maggie with us so my wonderful mum and dad stepped up and took her for us.
I was concerned because we have never left her anywhere but at home with my brother when we have gone away for whatever reason but my brother was working all weekend so he couldn't help us out this time.
Maggie is always spoilt by my parents but they have rules, not allowed on the furniture and only sleeps in my old room. I was really worried because Maggie sleeps on our bed or rather in it at the moment and obviously goes on the furniture.
Anyway we drove up on Friday and my dad went to pick Maggie up, I had packed nearly everything she has, food, toys, covers towels, bowls (I worried about her) and I called dad on the way up to make sure he picked her up OK and after talking to him he told me because Maggie sleeps on the bed with us he and mum are going to take it in turns to sleep with her so she doesn't sleep on her own. And that is why I love my mum and dad, they dropped everything and gave up their weekend to help us out and not only did they do that they each gave up a night of sleeping in their own bed to sleep with Maggie so she wasn't alone Love Struck And not only that mum allowed her to curl up on the sofa, admittedly they had 3 or 4 covers on it but they still allowed her up on the sofa. Smile
I had to come back earlier then the OH as I had to go back to work but my dad picked me up at the station with Maggie and it was so nice to see her I got through the turn stile and she literally jumped into my arms with kisses and cuddles for me Smile my parents said she was a perfectly well behaved young lady and did everything she was told Smile
Sorry if that was a bit of a boring post but I just had to sing my parents praises and say how wonderful they were Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Love my mum and dad  Empty Re: Love my mum and dad

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:21

It great when you have someone to depend on. Smile

My mum looks after Logan during the week when I'm at work. Saves me a lot of hassle. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:22

Smile nanny Liz (my mum) is the same with Moo, we are lucky to have such great parents Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:29

That post wasn't boring at all! It was really nice & I wish your mum & dad could see it! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:40

Yeh very lucky Smile we generally look after Maggie ourselves with my brother pitching in now and again, usually when he's using my baby as a pulling agent Laughing This involves me getting a text saying don't worry about coming home at lunch I'm taking Maggie out, which translated by me and loads of questions later conspirers to him meeting up with a girl on a date haha.
But my parents really helped us out this weekend and I was just so happy they did and didn't complain or have ago at us for dumping Maggie on them at short notice plus I think secretly my dad loves having a young dog to walk now and again. Their lab is an old lady now and isn't so mobile nower days so it works out for both Smile I think Molly was happy to see the back of Maggie though, she's a bit to bouncy for Molly plus Molly is not to dog friendly so we have to keep them apart at home, they are fine out and about walking though Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:43

Thank you Caryll I might show them the post to show my appreciation to them Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:17

Awww thats great, good on your Mum n Dad Big Grin Steffi is fast becoming poppy's girl Rolling Eyes She adores him Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 02:36

Aww what a lovely story, arnt parents great. Mine are pretty amazing too just liked yours sound. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 05:59

Aw had a lump in my throat reading that - what wonderful parents and a lucky and loved Maggie Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:06

That is very nice of them, it's great when you can depend on your family like that Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Tue Apr 09 2013, 10:11

What lovely parents you have. Mine really like Katy but wouldn't have her to stay. 1 they have a cat & 2 Katy is too full on for them to handle Laughing

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Love my mum and dad  B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:35

That was lovely to read, it must be great having family members you can rely on, wish I did. Hope you also told them how you feel I'm sure they would love to know. Did you get them a little pressie for being so good to your baby ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:48

Ah that's lovely, I am lucky as well, Daisy spend a lot of time with her granny too Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 12:33

What a lovely post to read! It's good that you have such loving and understanding family Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:06

My parents are awesome, they will help me out with anything Smile I am very lucky indeed and considering they have a grumpy old lady of a dog that doesn't like other dogs and they still took her for us. Luckily Molly tends to keep away from Maggie and Maggie has learnt to keep away from Molly so it worked out. I did get them a little present to say thank you a picture frame with a photo of Maggie with a thank you card from her to her grandpa and gran they loved it Smile and I will show them this post so they can see how much I do appreciate them and everything they do for me Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down