Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+3
Andy
stella
Bloomooner
7 posters

Go down

Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:58

I need to get Ken to the vet, i just toke him out, he went to wee, but all that came out was a little wee with blood in it !! I've spoken to the vet and he needs to be seen now, or at the very latest in the morning. Im well stressed out, we dont have a car any more. The emergancy vet is in Cardiff (20 miles away), its Sunday night, Bus service is crap. !!!!! She said it could be an infection or the anti biotics he's taking!!!

Back to top Go down

Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:02

Try not to panic, it could be anything, are there any vets you can go to closer in the morning?
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:04

I hope he is okay Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:05

As Janey says , don't panic. I would be getting him to the vet in the morning but I wouldn't be panicking about it tonight , I assume you will have your own vet closer to you tomorrow Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:09

yes, ours is only a mile and half away, its just she said he'll be in alot of pain. She also said that i'll have to pay £89 just to be seen. Its not i dont want to pay, but the amount is pathetic !! Do you think he'll be ok until tomorrow. He's also squatting like a girl to wee, which she said will be that he has a sensation of needing to wee all the time Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:12

It could be a UTI hun, I am sure he will be ok until the morning Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:15

kenny d wrote:yes, ours is only a mile and half away, its just she said he'll be in alot of pain. She also said that i'll have to pay £89 just to be seen. Its not i dont want to pay, but the amount is pathetic !! Do you think he'll be ok until tomorrow. He's also squatting like a girl to wee, which she said will be that he has a sensation of needing to wee all the time Sad

It's really up to you at the end of the day Kelly but IF it was me personally from what you have described , and I love my dogs to bits, I would be first thing in the morning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:20

It's quite possibly just an infection. A few hours won't make much difference I don't think and I would leave it until tomorrow morning personally. Don't worry yourself Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:33

First thing in the morning.

It could be an infection, the antibiotics or even an enlarged prostate - all three, although not very nice, can wait another few hours for the normal vet.

It might be an idea, though, to get up a couple of times in the night in case he's uncomfortable & needs to pee.

Let us know how you get on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:48

Poor Kenny >Big Grin< Let us know how you get on tomorrow
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:52

spoke to the vet again, she said has long as he's still perky, he can wait until the morning. She said to stop the Anti-b's as they can cause crystals x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 07 2013, 20:01

Now try and relax Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 20:10

Definitely try to relax, I know you must be really worried, but the vet says it can wait until the morning, so do that. Hope it gets sorted out quickly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Apr 07 2013, 20:31

ahh poor Kenny,hope he gets on ok tomorrow >Big Grin<
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 20:55

Poor Kenny, I hope he feels better soon, try not to panic (easier said than done i know) hugs to you both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomooner Sun Apr 07 2013, 21:50

Hope Kenny gets well soon.
Bloomooner
Bloomooner
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tommy
Dog(s) Ages : 20th October 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:07

Poor boy Sad Let us know how he goes in the morning >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:18

Poor Kenny, let us know how the appointment goes >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 07:35

Kenny had crystals in his urine and a mild infection. This was caused by the anti-b's for his kennel cough. He was fine last night, i prob could of waited until today, but i was so worried for him. He's now on different anti-b's for the KC and was given some painkillers. Sad He's still perky and happy so thats the main thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 07:36

Forgot to add, he has to go back to our vet this morning for another urine test and check up. So im mega skint now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 07:55

Aww I'm glad Kenny is ok & it's nothing to serious, Hopefully he'll be we'll again soon, we do love our dogs which usually = skint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:05

I couldnt belive the cost, £89 consultation , £2.00 urine dip stick test, £17 anti-b's, £8.50 for a few days painkillers. £20 each way for taxi, and thats with out today Surprised
I also paid £54 on friday Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:11

Wow. Is a consultation always that high at your vets? I know in the grand scheme of things it's work it to see Kenny get better, but that's pricey. Anyway, glad it's nothing serious and hope he's well again soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:24

Tara wrote:Wow. Is a consultation always that high at your vets? I know in the grand scheme of things it's work it to see Kenny get better, but that's pricey. Anyway, glad it's nothing serious and hope he's well again soon Smile
Hi tara, no, that was for the out of hours vet, Surprised
my vets charge £26 consultation. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:00

I know you were worried, but you really could have waited till this morning & saved yourself at least £89 if not more.

Glad he's ok, though. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:46

glad to hear kenny's ok >Big Grin<
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:49

I know, but i could settle. God knows how much more today. Sad
His appointment is at 10.30, i'll update soon as we're back x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:54

Glad he ok and sorry about the bills!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 08 2013, 10:37

Hope everything goes ok, thinking of you both >Big Grin<
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:11

I take it the £89 consultation fee was for the out of hours vet, this would cost more than the usual fee. Do you have insurance ?

Hoping Kenny is soon on the mend >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:15

Kathy wrote:I take it the £89 consultation fee was for the out of hours vet, this would cost more than the usual fee. Do you have insurance ?

Hoping Kenny is soon on the mend >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Yeah that was out of hours fee Kathy ... our vets is only £20 normal consultation Surprised

Glad Kenny is on the mend and gettin sorted >Big Grin<
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:09

Just got back. I honestly think they havnt got a clue!!! His water was tested again, it's showing signs of infection and alot of blood. A very small amount of crystals, which she has decided not to treat yet!! She couldnt feel his bladder to good as Kenny was so tence. She then asked has Kenny been to the West Country, as there's been alot of Lung worm cases. (He hasnt). She said it may not be Kennel Cough, but Lung work, which has symptoms of a cough and bleeding. He's to carry on taking the new anti-B's along with Advocate, just in case !!! He has to go back monday. So im now £200 worse off ans still dont know whats wrong. P..........d off is an understatement. Not because i had to spend so much, as I'll do anything for him, bit because I've spent so much to be told " Im not to sure"!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:41

Poor Kenny and poor you too >Big Grin< I hope they sort it out soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:42

Eugh, horrid amount of money to have to hand out and not even feel satisfied with the result Sad

Hope it improves for you though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Apr 08 2013, 15:42

That is rubbish, lets just hope that Kenny gets well soon Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 22:53

Hi all, Kenny's still perky, but passed a blood clot while weeing (pic below).
Spoken to the vet again, her answer to this was "proberly the infection" !!
I've lost all confidence in this vet. I do have insurance. I'll ring them tomorrow to see what they can do xKenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMG_2496_zps95b0f70d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 07:22

Kenny's wee looks Blood free this Morning Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 07:23

Lets hope this means the infection or whatever it was has cleared Big Grin Fingers and paws crossed for Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 07:59

thank you, keeping my fingers crossed x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:39

You can probably down load a claim form from the insurance companies website, this is what we have recently done for Rocky's claim, or drop them an email asking for one. We then just completed this and took it into the vets who filled in their part and sent it off straight to the insurance for us.

Pleased to hear that the infection has passed, >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:44

I hope thats the end of it >Big Grin<
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:46

Fingers crosed he's on the mend now Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Tue Apr 09 2013, 12:55

How really scary for you, you must be so relieved he is on the mend. Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Kenny has blood in his wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down